The 1980s Roger Moore Era

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The 1980s Roger Moore Era

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:Nobody cared about this in the 80s, the age difference between 007 and the ladies. Typical of today's PC climate to have objections about this.

Back then this was a non-issue.
I'm not sure that's true. Even back then, I remember Roger saying that his love interests should be "women, not girls" and, towards the end of his era, people making jokes/snide remarks about him looking too old for the women he beds.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Kristatos wrote:
Count_Lippe wrote:Nobody cared about this in the 80s, the age difference between 007 and the ladies. Typical of today's PC climate to have objections about this.

Back then this was a non-issue.
I'm not sure that's true. Even back then, I remember Roger saying that his love interests should be "women, not girls" and, towards the end of his era, people making jokes/snide remarks about him looking too old for the women he beds.
Yes maybe there were some remarks at the very end in AVTAK, but I don't think anybody said something about Moore and Maud Adams in OP, she was close to 40 at that time. Kristina Wayborn was 33, not too young either for Moore I think.

And the scene with Bibi in FYEO was a joke, nothing else.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Another thing about Bibi, she was obviously meant to be a teenage girl although Lynn-Holly Johnson's real age was 23.

Maybe Roger Moore in his 50s wouldn't have gone to bed with a 23 year-old, even one who was meant to be 23 in the film, but I think Connery probably would have. :mrgreen: