Who do you prefer?

Roger Moore
50%
Pierce Brosnan
50%

Total votes: 12

Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: POLL: Roger Moore vs Pierce Brosnan

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Veronica wrote:Oh,lord.What else was there to "bring"?
I don't see any other way.
Veronica wrote:Dalton did some kind of seriousness after Roger Moore played it all for laughs and of course Connery is a standard Bond with his charisma and all.
Not forgetting Lazenby's more athletic style.
Veronica wrote:Brosnan brought all that together.He was as ruthless as he could be charming.He could do one-liners.He is charismatic and sophisticated,elegant...he just had it all.
Being a Greatest Hits Bond, doesn't mean he brought his own style. All the qualities of Brosnan's Bond, were handled better in his predecessors.
Veronica wrote:What could he bring to the table?He brought to the table things that make the most well-rounded Bond.
Again, he was a Greatest Hits Bond. But that wasn't his own style. He just took qualities that were handled better in other Bonds (Connery's charisma, Lazenby's athleticism, Moore's humour & Dalton's ruthlessness) and rolled them together.
Veronica wrote:Giddy?A little child is giddy.Yes,he was honored and happy...and what's exactly wrong with that?
Other than not developing his own Bond? Nothing.
Veronica wrote:Please,don't tell me anything about bringing to the table.You are a guy(I presume you are since you put Brosnan on 5th place and no woman would ever put him lower than 3rd) who put Lazenby above anyone else and most importantly Lazenby BEFORE CONNERY!It's like saying Nicki Minaj is better than Beatles!
I am male, yes. I don't know if you are aware, but Lazenby was a male model, and had no shortage of female attention. There would no doubt be females out there, who would put Lazenby above Connery, in any criterion. And Nicki Minaj.....? I know who the Beatles are, I just don't care for them. Connery's Bond was right, with his comment in Goldfinger.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I'm saying female population today. General public doesn't even know that there ever was a guy named Lazenby who played Bond. Plus Lazenby is always bragging how he had "a girl per day" during the filming. That's due to the fact Bond was ever woman's dream(that's a past). Bond mania was at a peak in sixties and well...we all know the reason for it(hint:not Lazenby). So,no actually before I read your comment I've never EVER SAW ANYONE who would put Lazenby before Connery(or before anyone else for that matter). And I don't see it as a "Greatest Hits Bond" as you say. He brought it all together. While Moore went in one way and Dalton in the other Brosnan did both convincingly. Like Connery. Again,he did bring his own style because that's just something that every actor in any movie does.

You haven't heard of Nicki Minaj? Well,maybe better for you. Don't think Beatles were great? Okay...
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

I grew up with Connery and Moore and in My teens with Brosnan and I don't understand why Brosnan is being called greatest hits bond he was fantastic as bond and as much as I loved Moore as bond and still do he was up there with Connery and added his own charm too.

Brosnan added a lot Craig on the other hand adds nothing, outside of the 2nd awful half of die another day Brosnan did great as bond and that's My opinion, so did Moore and So did Connery.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

shaken not stirred wrote:I grew up with Connery and Moore and in My teens with Brosnan and I don't understand why Brosnan is being called greatest hits bond he was fantastic as bond and as much as I loved Moore as bond and still do he was up there with Connery and added his own charm too.

Brosnan added a lot Craig on the other hand adds nothing, outside of the 2nd awful half of die another day Brosnan did great as bond and that's My opinion, so did Moore and So did Connery.
Brosnan and Connery are THE Bonds. Noone can top them IMO.And Moore... such a wonderful man! :D
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

You go right on believing that about Brosnan, Veronica. Doesn't mean I have to.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Barry Niven wrote:You go right on believing that about Brosnan, Veronica. Doesn't mean I have to.
Did I actually ever said you have to believe it? Or anyone else?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Bringing this thread back to life, I just voted for Moore, so now they're 50/50. :) Moore, Brosnan and Connery are all great Bonds I think, but I enjoy Moore's laid back confident attitude and the pace of the films slightly more than the others.
The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Moore dressed as a clown imitated tarzan and what not.
The Tarzan yell is one thing, but the clown disguise was practical given the situation Bond was in. The scene wasn't played for laughs, and it was one of the more tense moments of the series, in my opinion. Remember that 009 was also disguised as a clown in the beginning of the film, and Bond later finds himself in the same situation. I guess the only real criticism is how fast he got into the disguise, but this is the same Bond who went to space, so I can sort of side with it.
At times I think Octopussy has actually been my favorite Bond film. It's great fun to watch, has some amazing stunts, some serious moments, a fairly complex plot and I can overlook the very momentary bits of silliness. You remind me of a good point though that it's always bothered me that he knows on his watch how little time he has left, and how many things can hold him up inside the circus, but still decides the best course of action is to adopt painstakingly perfect clown make-up. It can't have been the best judgment given that he's left with only the tiniest fraction of a second to spare at the end! Although I'll admit the tension of that is kinda cool and I agree the macabre and fearful clown act with 009 at the start is great too, so it does mirror the danger there and gives a sense of him picking up that side of the mission.

Maybe if they'd found some other extra way for him to be delayed, and maybe made the clown makeup look a bit more slapdash it might have worked better. But then the gorilla suit and him jumping out of it was equally implausible. It's still a great film though.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."