Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Omega » Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 am

d**n! BD is on fire!

Part of the problem with Craig is he acts out on set, behind the scenes, at home and in the store if some fan recognizes him.
Raging and throwing stuff is not new, trying to spin it as he just so frustrated I don’t think plays to the fans or audience.

Back when Craig was basking in the praise for CR, he made a movie that was supposed to be a trilogy (one of many series he crashed and burned) on the set of Golden compass he ran awkwardly (he knows no other way) full speed into a camera man, hurting the camera man. If it wasn’t golden compass it was QOS. I think the crew was shocked Craig ran into one of them, part of the trust they have is the actors look out for them and they look out for the actors.

Thinking back to the movie Soldier with Kurt Russell, he train for a year to get in great shape to sell the character in the movie. It really paid off, but one of the first days shooting he twisted his ankle running in an empty hanger in one of the early scenes. He finished the movie with a body double stunt man finishing the scenes when he could run or walk convincingly, directors changed angles the shot at to not show him hurt, but they finished the movie and nobody played princess prima donna. The only way fans knew about it Russel mentioned it, and I think the directors commentary might have too. Russel was frustrated he was injured so stupidly and amazingly it was after a year of intense training where he did not get hurt, he saw the irony in it.
BTW Russell training for a year was one of the reasons Event horizon was made first, it was supposed to be soldier then Event Horizon.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Kristatos wrote:The print edition of the Mail devoted a 2-page spread to this yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Very interesting Kris, since I'm in rainy California and don't have access to the print version, would you mind telling me what topics they covered?

Craigs injury?
The intimacy coach?
Craig's bad attitude?
A Craig comeback?
The John Wick comparison?
Any other topics I didn't speak on?

I'm interested to hear what the large outlets are saying on the subject.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Omega wrote:d**n! BD is on fire!


Thanks Big O, EON is just making it too easy right now
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Omega » Sun May 26, 2019 8:11 pm

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:d**n! BD is on fire!


Thanks Big O, EON is just making it too easy right now
they’ve made it too easy since they hired Craig. Perhaps not having Sony spin and pay off the media is hurting them this time, but even Sony can’t spin the crap coming out of this shitshow.

EON is a wide target DB is making precision bunker busting strikes.

You know I can’t remember if Babs made her standard bride at the alter comments this go around. If she didn’t it has to because she is aware of how bad she shounds from here and other social media that don’t swallow their talking points.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Kristatos » Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:The print edition of the Mail devoted a 2-page spread to this yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Very interesting Kris, since I'm in rainy California and don't have access to the print version, would you mind telling me what topics they covered?

Craigs injury?
The intimacy coach?
Craig's bad attitude?
A Craig comeback?
The John Wick comparison?
Any other topics I didn't speak on?

I'm interested to hear what the large outlets are saying on the subject.
I don't have it in front of me, but from what I recall, it was the same as the online version.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10813
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:The print edition of the Mail devoted a 2-page spread to this yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Very interesting Kris, since I'm in rainy California and don't have access to the print version, would you mind telling me what topics they covered?

Craigs injury?
The intimacy coach?
Craig's bad attitude?
A Craig comeback?
The John Wick comparison?
Any other topics I didn't speak on?

I'm interested to hear what the large outlets are saying on the subject.
I don't have it in front of me, but from what I recall, it was the same as the online version.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk



Thanks Kris, I'll look it up!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Omega wrote:EON is a wide target DB is making precision bunker busting strikes.



Thanks again Big O, you are far too kind!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Is this the article Kris?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -Bond.html

If so your right very close to what I wrote (except the John Wick comparisons). I need to check my laptop for Daily Mail spyware!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Sun May 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Omega wrote:You know I can’t remember if Babs made her standard bride at the alter comments this go around. If she didn’t it has to because she is aware of how bad she shounds from here and other social media that don’t swallow their talking points.


You're right O, I haven't seen the bride shtick yet, but she has said she's in "complete denial."
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Omega » Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 am

Ok seeing that uk article I know who this phoebe Waller chick is, she was L3-37 in Solo a star wars story. Very blatant SJW SW character. Didn’t totally hate her but way to much modern SJW crap for Star Wars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Mon May 27, 2019 2:51 am

Omega wrote:Ok seeing that uk article I know who this phoebe Waller chick is, she was L3-37 in Solo a star wars story. Very blatant SJW SW character. Didn’t totally hate her but way to much modern SJW crap for Star Wars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Haven't seen it, nor her Killing Eve program, but based on the commercials and synopsis it seems pretty weird, I'm not holding up much hope for the results of her work on Bond (not that I was holding up any hopes to begin with).
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Omega » Mon May 27, 2019 2:53 am

She is weird. A funny sense of humor that works with her interactions with the SW solo cast, but in a normal setting I don’t think would work


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Veronica » Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 am

Yeah, I find her to be weird as well. From what I saw of her on Graham Norton I don't think she has in it in herself to bring that Bond humour successfully.
Aside from that... Did Craig really come to that "press conference" in Converse trainers? Come on dude, you could at least try to dress like Bond if nothing else.
Last edited by Veronica on Mon May 27, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Kristatos » Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 am

I haven't seen Fleabag or Killing Eve (or Solo), so I don't think I can offer an informed opinion. But it sounds like she's just being brought in for a dialogue polish, like Dick Clement & Ian le Frenais on NSNA. I'll be surprised if she gets an onscreen writing credit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10813
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Mon May 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Kristatos wrote:I haven't seen Fleabag or Killing Eve (or Solo), so I don't think I can offer an informed opinion. But it sounds like she's just being brought in for a dialogue polish, like Dick Clement & Ian le Frenais on NSNA. I'll be surprised if she gets an onscreen writing credit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk



I'm quite sure she'll get onscreen credit if just so EON can get their "intersectional woke points." The only way I see her not getting credit is if she recognizes the dog and pony show she's in and asks not to be included.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Kristatos » Mon May 27, 2019 6:13 pm

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I haven't seen Fleabag or Killing Eve (or Solo), so I don't think I can offer an informed opinion. But it sounds like she's just being brought in for a dialogue polish, like Dick Clement & Ian le Frenais on NSNA. I'll be surprised if she gets an onscreen writing credit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk



I'm quite sure she'll get onscreen credit if just so EON can get their "intersectional woke points." The only way I see her not getting credit is if she recognizes the dog and pony show she's in and asks not to be included.
Being British films (albeit made with American money), they may be exempt from WGA rules on screenwriting credits. That's the only way she gets an onscreen credit. The WGA has strict rules about the amount of story material (not just dialogue) that a writer has to contribute before they get credited. Joss Whedon famously didn't get an onscreen credit for Speed, for example, despite having written virtually all that film's dialogue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10813
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Mon May 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Interesting I did not know that! I guess we'll see, I imagine EON will find a way to get her on there if they want her.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Veronica » Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 pm

I certainly think they want her credited, if for nothing else then for getting points for hiring a woman to write Bond's witty remarks so they can say how Bond's humour used to be "horribly sexist" BUT NOT ANYMORE because we have a XX person now not an XY one.
Veronica
Agent
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby Kristatos » Mon May 27, 2019 6:56 pm

dirtybenny wrote:Interesting I did not know that! I guess we'll see, I imagine EON will find a way to get her on there if they want her.
They might not need to. Quentin Tarantino didn't get an onscreen credit for his dialogue polish on Crimson Tide, but it was a big part of the film's publicity campaign nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10813
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Postby dirtybenny » Mon May 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Interesting I did not know that! I guess we'll see, I imagine EON will find a way to get her on there if they want her.
They might not need to. Quentin Tarantino didn't get an onscreen credit for his dialogue polish on Crimson Tide, but it was a big part of the film's publicity campaign nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Really I had no idea he was involved in that film! At any rate her name is plastered in every article about the film, so I suppose the PR is in full swing already.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Agent
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

cron