Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:42 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:48 am One last rant before I an forced to sequester myself in the 3 hour hell that is NTTD.

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... therapist/

I've always found it strange how Barbara often implies all Bond films made before 2006 were like Police Academy movies or something and yet doesn't have the self-awareness to deduce that she is essentially dissing her late father with this attitude. I also find it classless how Barbara and MGW constantly big up Daniel Craig as the first earnest type of Bond actor and by doing so completely airbrush Timothy Dalton out of the franchise.
Yes sir, 2006 was "year zero" at EON, Pol Pot would have been proud!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:54 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:48 am One last rant before I an forced to sequester myself in the 3 hour hell that is NTTD.
Don't forget to bring a book :mrgreen:
Yes, I've got a copy of the phone directory I've been meaning to catch up with!
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

I just read a spoilers review of NTTD. Babz did it. She killed it it all. Wow, I'm not surprised but I can not believe that she took the greatest franchise of all time and melted it down. I'm Catholic and we sometimes use the word heresy, this is heresy to everything her father and Fleming built (plus Saltzman). Bloody awful. Looking forward to your take. I hope it tanks!!!!
Last edited by Jason on Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

You want some pure entertainment go over to MI 6 forums and read the comments on NTTD. So funny watching them explain this epic failure and heretical trash
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:35 pm You want some pure entertainment go over to MI 6 forums and read the comments on NTTD. So funny watching them explain this epic failure and heretical trash
I just read the thread. The usual "Best Bond EVA!" sycophancy, as far as I can tell. One amusing fact I did learn from the thread is that in FRWL, Peter Hunt played a joke on the producers when screening the rushes by having Bond open the suitcase that Q gave him, and then cutting to a huge explosion and rolling the end credits! Hadn't heard that story before.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Well, just saw this abomination, what an absolute corpse rape! No one from Bond's history was safe from it's insatiable lust! Sorry to say I will not be able to get to the rant this week, but I will hit this nail HARD when I get the chance!

Unlike the Craig-Bond dirtybenny will return...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:42 am Well, just saw this abomination, what an absolute corpse rape! No one from Bond's history was safe from it's insatiable lust! Sorry to say I will not be able to get to the rant this week, but I will hit this nail HARD when I get the chance!

I look forward to reading it. I'm sure it will be a d**n sight more entertaining than the actual film, and won't take 3 hours to read either.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I think it will be easy to write as Barbara and Craig outdid themselves this time with their 4 hour drama.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:42 am Well, just saw this abomination, what an absolute corpse rape! No one from Bond's history was safe from it's insatiable lust! Sorry to say I will not be able to get to the rant this week, but I will hit this nail HARD when I get the chance!

We really do appreciate your subjecting yourself to this horror DB :up:
I'm also really looking forward to your analysis. :cheers: :martini:

I'll continue to avoid watching Spectre but I'm sort of morbidly curious about watching NTTD myself, although I'll wait until it's on TV / streaming.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

In order to have any iota whatsoever of what's going in this "film" one must be well versed in the lore set up by SPECTRE (the movie not the organization), but not too much as even they couldn't keep it straight. I spent half the movie explaining who the bloody hell everyone was to the friend I watched it with despite the fact he'd seen SPECTRE before!

If you don't want to subject yourself to the maudlin "love" story undiluted, I suggest my multi-part dissection of that film starting here:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... the-p-t-s/

Then work your way up through the 15 succeeding parts, it will also give you an idea as to how I'll be covering this latest dumpster fire.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DB, this Blofeld was more boring than the opening scene Blofeld in FYEO :!: This film was a pure mess hiding behind some action scenes. Playing music from a 1969 movie during this film made NO sense as well. Broccoli hated Fleming. She wants to correct all of his perceived mistakes she thinks he made, in her own image. I give the film a KELVIN score grade of ABSOLUTE ZERO :!:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

The trolls are starting to come out from under their bridges! They can't lash out at Babz so we're the next best thing:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/j ... -obituary/

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... edefining/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Now here's a headline I never thought I'd see! OK, it's pure clickbait, and the methodology is shonky as hell (it's based on the average IMDb score of their films), but I'll take it nonetheless:

https://screenrant.com/james-bond-most- ... ton-study/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Found some time to put together my first chapter of No Time To Digest, my multi part dissection of NTTD, here I give a slight overview and cover the gun barrel sequence:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... un-barrel/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sooner than I expected, yay. Genuinely laughed out loud at "If only there were a way to explain why I get into so many espionage type situations!"

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

I enjoyed that, DB.

But, man,
Spoiler
Felix bumped off as well. The script just seems spiteful. It's the scorched earth Bond film! And hey, I remember saying a while back that after all these years EON fought to get back the rights to the Blofeld character that I bet they'd waste the opportunity and kill him off after a couple of films and, what do we have :?: :?: :?: :happy spin:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm Sooner than I expected, yay. Genuinely laughed out loud at "If only there were a way to explain why I get into so many espionage type situations!"

Thanks Kris! I appreciate that, I always like to know what works and what doesn't.

acid wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:09 pm I enjoyed that, DB.

But, man,
Spoiler
Felix bumped off as well. The script just seems spiteful. It's the scorched earth Bond film! And hey, I remember saying a while back that after all these years EON fought to get back the rights to the Blofeld character that I bet they'd waste the opportunity and kill him off after a couple of films and, what do we have :?: :?: :?: :happy spin:
Glad you enjoyed it Acid, Blofeld was indeed wasted, turned into a foster brother in the previous film for no apparent reason then unceremoniously bumped off after two minutes of screen time in this!

P.S. don't worry about redacting spoilers in my thread, because I'll be spoiling the crap out of this film in my future rants, so let that be a warning to all of you, if there is anyone on this forum who for some bizarre reason doesn't want to be spoiled, wait to read my works until after you've seen this turkey!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Blofeld being conveyor belted while under restraint with 1 eye looked pathetic.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I read that Craig said he got the gunbarrel wrong for this one. I enjoy these reviews as it means I do not have to actually sit through the film!
Bring back Bond!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:37 pm I enjoy these reviews as it means I do not have to actually sit through the film!
Thanks Carl, that's the point I took the bullet so you don't have to! :cheers: