Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by dirtybenny »

The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

New rant:
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... ivativity/

It seems since I started posting directly to the website the conversation here has fallen off. I'd like to hear what you think and get some feed back, what you like, don't like, etc. Feel free to post here or on the article site, I'm not fishing for empty praise, it's just without feed back I'm on an island out here not knowing how my work is being received.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I always nejoy them - but then I have the same views on theCraig era. Everytime they put together a Craig Bond film they are so odd that there is always an endless supply of material for these rants.
Bring back Bond!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote:I always nejoy them - but then I have the same views on theCraig era. Everytime they put together a Craig Bond film they are so odd that there is always an endless supply of material for these rants.
Thanks Carl, I'm glad you enjoy them, yes there is a great deal of material to lament especially this time around.

The reason I started my rantings and ramblings was to generate conversation, however since posting directly to the website the discussion has waned which is unfortunate.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Db, I alway follow but don’t fell I can add a lot most of the time. Once you put the smack down it stays down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Db, I alway follow but don’t fell I can add a lot most of the time. Once you put the smack down it stays down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's high praise Big O thank you.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Same what Omega said really.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:Same what Omega said really.
Thanks V, again high praise!

Just sometimes without feedback I begin to feel like I'm just screaming at the wall or preaching to the choir. At any rate thank you all for the kind words!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DB keep up the great anti-Cr-egg onslaught :!: Broccoli shudders every time your internet quill touches the screen in defiance of her psychotic delusions of what the franchise should be :!: :cheers:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:DB keep up the great anti-Cr-egg onslaught :!: Broccoli shudders every time your internet quill touches the screen in defiance of her psychotic delusions of what the franchise should be :!: :cheers:

BJ thank you sir, the Count of Monte Cristo couldn't have said it more eloquently! You needn't worry however, I'm not going anywhere, I'm not feeling morose just wanting to stir up some hearty conversation!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

As others have said, I have very little to add except "d**n!"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:As others have said, I have very little to add except "d**n!"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thank you very much Kris, I guess that tears it, I'm just too thorough! Perhaps I'll start posting some smaller open ended topics as conversation starters to supplement my long form rants.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Nice and detailed rant DB :) That's a great observation that the sociopolitical issues that fans and critics seem to obsess about and fight endlessly over these days actually shouldn't be the main focus in a review of a Bond movie, at least if we're watching it because we like the character of Bond and want to be entertained by an engaging story that takes place in Bond's world. These movies shouldn't be made or watched to be nothing more than battles in a culture war. I'm sure people would reassure me it's still about entertainment too, but everyone gets so easily distracted these days by whatever makes them angry. OK, maybe we do too, maybe with more exasperation and incredulity than outright anger, but when it comes to Bond at least our opinions are relevant to the subject matter as it originally existed.
dirtybenny wrote:It seems since I started posting directly to the website the conversation here has fallen off. I'd like to hear what you think and get some feed back, what you like, don't like, etc. Feel free to post here or on the article site, I'm not fishing for empty praise, it's just without feed back I'm on an island out here not knowing how my work is being received.
I share the view that your rants are the best thing on this site my friend and years ahead of the so-called critics. I get a lot of enjoyment from the discussion. The trouble is I don't get a lot of time to spend on this site so I often find myself reading your rants weeks after you wrote them. Sometimes I try commenting anyway but often by then you've done another one - which is a really good thing. Please keep it up! :cheers:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:Craig uncovers a classic Aston in a garage: There’s something familiar about this.
Yeah the V8 again this time so that's at least three different Astons in this movie.
dirtybenny wrote:A few explosions featuring the Aston Martin DB5 (again with that d**n car)
No, no, DB, don't you see? You've got it all wrong. You see, those machine guns, they've moved. They're bigger. And higher up. Bigger and higher up! :happy spin:

:db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5:

Also apart from the obvious Phantom of the Opera (or even Stark if you've ever watched Farscape), are you getting the shades of Janus or Zao that I am with the scarring on Malik's face and the backstory of how it occurs?
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Craig uncovers a classic Aston in a garage: There’s something familiar about this.
Yeah the V8 again this time so that's at least three different Astons in this movie.
Yeah, Aston's getting their money's worth on this on, I will at least say the use of the V8 is refreshing... or would have been had they not insisted on the DB5.

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:A few explosions featuring the Aston Martin DB5 (again with that d**n car)
No, no, DB, don't you see? You've got it all wrong. You see, those machine guns, they've moved. They're bigger. And higher up. Bigger and higher up! :happy spin:
Yes, we can rebuild it larger, higher, bigger, girthier!
acid wrote:Also apart from the obvious Phantom of the Opera (or even Stark if you've ever watched Farscape), are you getting the shades of Janus or Zao that I am with the scarring on Malik's face and the backstory of how it occurs?
Yeah those scars are very Zao but, I'm thinking the girl in the Norway scenes (Swann in flashback?) gives him those rather than Craggy hence the broken mask.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:It seems since I started posting directly to the website the conversation here has fallen off. I'd like to hear what you think and get some feed back, what you like, don't like, etc. Feel free to post here or on the article site, I'm not fishing for empty praise, it's just without feed back I'm on an island out here not knowing how my work is being received.
I share the view that your rants are the best thing on this site my friend and years ahead of the so-called critics. I get a lot of enjoyment from the discussion. The trouble is I don't get a lot of time to spend on this site so I often find myself reading your rants weeks after you wrote them. Sometimes I try commenting anyway but often by then you've done another one - which is a really good thing. Please keep it up! :cheers:
I thank you a great deal my friend! As far as I'm concerned feel free to post any time, most of my rants are not perishable and would enjoy discussing the topics long after I post
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
Nice and detailed rant DB :) That's a great observation that the sociopolitical issues that fans and critics seem to obsess about and fight endlessly over these days actually shouldn't be the main focus in a review of a Bond movie, at least if we're watching it because we like the character of Bond and want to be entertained by an engaging story that takes place in Bond's world. These movies shouldn't be made or watched to be nothing more than battles in a culture war. I'm sure people would reassure me it's still about entertainment too, but everyone gets so easily distracted these days by whatever makes them angry. OK, maybe we do too, maybe with more exasperation and incredulity than outright anger, but when it comes to Bond at least our opinions are relevant to the subject matter as it originally existed.
Thank you again my friend you are far too kind. Yes, these bickering idiots are just using Bond as it's a convenient battleground at the moment, you'll notice that conversation has all but ended on the film once all the "hot takes" cooled off. I think that illustrates how little anticipation this film is generating as these insignificant topics seem to be all anyone finds worthy of discussion.

It's funny you mention this, considering I received a post on this article from a troll (or as I call them encouragement) decrying me a "meninist" which I had to look up and of course an "incel" which of course is ironic since as you point out I've been railing against such things for months!

BTW, a "meninist" is someone who believed men are victimized by feminism, and an incel, a portmanteau of involuntary celibates, is a sad little male person (you can't call them men) who think they are owed sex from women.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Yeah I saw that troll post. Real original with the insults! :roll: Guess your rant went way over his head - the bits he read, anyway. Reminds me of that Mr. Stagg - didn't he say we were all virgins? :lol: At least he actually bothered to discuss Bond!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:Yeah I saw that troll post. Real original with the insults! :roll: Guess your rant went way over his head - the bits he read, anyway. Reminds me of that Mr. Stagg - didn't he say we were all virgins? :lol: At least he actually bothered to discuss Bond!

LOL, that's right, I almost forgot about him! I will give that Stagg guy credit, as you say at least he had an opinion to discuss, wrong, but at least he held one!

As to this recent guy, when one can rail against something for several paragraphs, not to mention the previous rants before it, then to accuse that author of being that very thing, I guess reading comprehension isn't fundamental anymore.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Here's the latest rant and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :NewYears:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... dits-gone/