LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by Omega »

Very good. Thanks DB. It’s hard to capturer what he meant to us fans but I think it’s a great tribute. For my family he’s 007 and Henry Jones sr, actually we like most of his films kind of a family thing we had growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

National television is giving us no less than three Sean Connery movies tonight.
Apparently the director of The Name of the Rose first declined Connery for the role of a monk... Until he forced himself into his office and asked if he could read ONE LINE of the script. And he got it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

BBC2 here in the UK showed a Connery tribute doc, but I only found it by accident when I tuned in for the programme it replaced. Not convinced that's really the best way to honour his memory.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Nicely done. I don't think I could have found the words to say it half as well Benny. Despite hoping Sir Sean would grace the world with one hundred years or more long ago I tried to find the kinds of words which would be fitting knowing Sir Sean's might someday pass on, if so this site would need to offer a decent tribute, respectful to his family and friends and something us fans need as well.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Blowfeld wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:41 am Nicely done. I don't think I could have found the words to say it half as well Benny. Despite hoping Sir Sean would grace the world with one hundred years or more long ago I tried to find the kinds of words which would be fitting knowing Sir Sean's might someday pass on, if so this site would need to offer a decent tribute, respectful to his family and friends and something us fans need as well.
Thank you sir. I still don't feel I did the man justice, but what do you say about a man who embodied a character who touched the lives of so many people, as well as a wonderful actor in his own right.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

New rant addressing the films latest delay:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... elayening/

As always interested in your opinions.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:New rant addressing the films latest delay:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... elayening/

As always interested in your opinions.
Hopefully, they will have time to edit out any "topical" references, which by October will seem as dated as the "don't ask, don't tell" joke in TND. Or was it TWINE, I can't remember .

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

New rant, hope you enjoy!

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... -addendum/

As always would love to hear thoughts, since I don't have an editor I rely on your feed back to tighten these things up.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

290 million dollars and counting huh, DB? A ludicrous amount of money but I know it's the standard for modern blockbusters. However in this COVID-ridden world I can't possibly see them making that back at the box office.

I wonder how much of that will go straight into Danny's pocket.

I enjoyed the rant and the spelling, grammar, etc. all seemed to check out, from what I could tell, anyway. :up:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm 290 million dollars and counting huh, DB? A ludicrous amount of money but I know it's the standard for modern blockbusters. However in this COVID-ridden world I can't possibly see them making that back at the box office.
290 is the rumor Acid, which would make it 40 mil higher than SPECTRE's listed astronomical cost. Will they make that back? I highly doubt it, this train wreck was destined for the slag heap pre-Covid due to the laughable promotion of "famle007," "tampons" and all around "wokeness."
acid wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm I wonder how much of that will go straight into Danny's pocket.
Far, far more than he's worth old boy!

acid wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm I enjoyed the rant and the spelling, grammar, etc. all seemed to check out, from what I could tell, anyway. :up:
Thank you my friend, for the compliment and taking the time to check my work!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DB, you have a talent to editorialize topics with illustrative genius. What field are you in? Did you ever want to work in the media? Broccoli getting handouts as well? Nail in the Cr-egg career coffin :!: Pulitzer stuff!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:31 pm DB, you have a talent to editorialize topics with illustrative genius. What field are you in? Did you ever want to work in the media? Broccoli getting handouts as well? Nail in the Cr-egg career coffin :!: Pulitzer stuff!
Thank you for the complements BJ, it's always appreciated. Without giving too much away, my line of work has nothing to do with creative writing and I barely survived basic high school English class. Considering this was in the California public school system that's saying something lol! I never dreamed of working in or in this case dabbling in media work. I started my thread to have an outlet for my frustrations around the Craig films, I figured everyone would quickly grow tired of my ramblings and I'd be left to screaming at the wall on my own, as it turned out the moderators liked what I had to say and the rest is history!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli's minions might read it here from time to time and either mock it or become enraged as you put the mirror to her creation and force her to see what she has done to her daddy's legacy.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

New essay hope you all enjoy, love to hear thoughts!

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... he-ladies/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DB, the female comparisons were interesting but you left out the ONE TRUE female of the franchise that has shaped it into ruination..........Broccoli, the queen of denial. Ending with Cr-egg in drag topped it off.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

New article, tried something a little different, please let me know what you think, especially since this is outside the norm.

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... s-to-kill/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:New article, tried something a little different, please let me know what you think, especially since this is outside the norm.

Interesting theory. It's been too long since I've watched it for me to comment in detail, but wouldn't a better example of lust be "you wanted his heart...give her his heart"?

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am
dirtybenny wrote:New article, tried something a little different, please let me know what you think, especially since this is outside the norm.

Interesting theory. It's been too long since I've watched it for me to comment in detail, but wouldn't a better example of lust be "you wanted his heart...give her his heart"?

Thanks Kris, that would be a good example of an act of lust, but I was trying to ascribe the sins to the major henchmen of the film. Not only is Lupe's doomed lover a minor character he's too altruistic in his motivation, trying to rescue her from Sanchez.

I had considered Wayne Newton's oily cult leader, Prof. Joe for the part, but decided against it as he isn't in the film too much and survives.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Fair enough. I think the problem is that this probably wasn't done deliberately by the filmmakers the way it was in Se7en, so that must have made the task of fitting the film to the theme that much harder.