The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

Post by Kristatos »

I just deleted a post that I thought overstepped the bounds of acceptable disagreement with another poster. Please debate the arguments, not each other.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

if you feel you must delete my comments, and i will agree my anger perhaps went too far, i must also request you DELETE gala brands comments, as i feel her comments against me and jackjamesbond are pure and simple trolling from a cr-egg fan out to cause trouble on the site. i will not tolerate being trolled or seeing my mates being trolled . so i kindly request you also delete her post against me and her posts against jackjamesbond, else i will feel you are showing bias towards her by deleting my post (even though i did go too far) and not her post, wich i feel is a troll post, and shall be forced to complain to the site admin as i feel bias is being shown.

thankyou.
God Save The Queen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've re-read Gala Brand's post and nothing in there seems to cross the line into personal abuse, unlike the post I deleted. Though I would ask her to refrain from using ALL CAPS in the future, as it does look like shouting.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

but, what about her pro craig bias, and intense rhetoric, even when not shouted in all caps, in favour of his charachter in the films,. is that not, technically, against the purpose of this site? sorry to bang on, but i am now completely confused! :?

can you help me clear this up please?
God Save The Queen.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I also have to protest. It's clear that Gala Brand is a friend of yours, and Glorious England was just making his own statement. Your friend has just messed up with my posts AND my friend's. She TROLLED!!!!!

1-Her first post was about a subject that differs from the one on this thread.
2-She's against the purpose of this site.
3-She's trolling every thread she sees and you're defending her. What's your excuse?

Alas, Glorious England wasn't rude, he just replied to her message the same way she bloody deserved. I suggest you to keep your friend out of our circle, this isn't another "Daniel Craig Lovers" website, this is Classic Bond (if I'm not mistaken, no I'm not, read the sign up there) and presented by "Daniel Craig IS NOT BOND" website!!! Get it? Let me tell you the truth, you're being unfair. Just because Gala Brand is your friend doesn't mean you have to defend her in every abusive comment she's making and getting out of subject. That is what I call trolling. Send her back to www.mi6community.com where she deserves to stay, all Daniel Craig crybabies are.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Gala Brand isn't a friend of mine, to tell you the truth, she wasn't even on my radar before this blew up. She's never argued with the mods, that I can remember, and that counts for something. Yes, that's a warning.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

kristatos... that warning isnt needed....

i have instructed jack to contact godeneye about it. as a moderator myself on another forum, i will state, that personally, as a moderator (albiet elsewhere), i feel you are going too far! jackjamesbond was Not arguing with you, i feel you are over-reacting. that warning was not required.
Last edited by Glorious England on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save The Queen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If Goldeneye tells me I've gone too far, then I will of course rescind the warning. But are you honestly telling me that you would let people talk to you like that on the site you moderate?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Glorious England
Lieutenant

it would depend on what i had done, had someone been messing with a users posts, and gone against the way the forum should be, and i only gave that user a minor warning and not stuck my boot in.

to be hounest, i would expect the entire fanbase to crack open the flamethrowers and treat me like a Gnarr in Serious Sam!

and, compared to some people i have seen on the internet, i think Jack was very restrained about it. and i can see were he got the incorrect "freindship" assumption from, as well, normally when someone posts some "pro craig" arguments, you come down on them like a falling house! so, the fact you didnt come down on gala brand with furious fire.. i can see how it could lead to the wrong things being read between the lines..

to be hounest, jack was pretty restrained, i remember on a forum for old school gaming once, someone came in defending the "modern" shooter, Battlefeild 3 namely, and "dissing" the classics, like DOOM, and well, that user got, well, Gnarred, as the site was supposed to be for people who hate modern shooters, and one of the mods tried to protect that user....

lets just say the flames from the fanbase that hit the moderators post were pure modem obliterating virtual napalm.

so, i can see why you may be a little upset at jack laying into you, but... i can see why he felt so angry he had to. there was no need to warn him, maybe politly tell him he was being a little too vicious for your tastes.. because, compared to the way ive seen people treat moderators who have shown themselves to be all too human and have made a mistake, and hey, we ALL make them, i remember i once stated a partial enjoyment for the PC version Of NF on that classic site, and i got totally and utterly splangered for that, jack was pretty laid back.

thats all i am saying really.
God Save The Queen.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Would you please enlightem me as to how I went too far? I do not see what kind of bad thing I said above.. and I don't remember harassing you... Surely you should be dealing with the user gala brand, who since post 1 has done nothing but defend and support Daniel Craig... isn't that a violation of this sites point and rules? how she slipped past the post clearing I don't know, human error I guess. This thread was supposed to be about The Man From UNCLE reboot and my worries they would copy the Daniel Craig films and make it about rogue agents. Traitors and emotional lead "sissies" as I see them and she came on and made a post in defense of Craig and his films, sending it into this argument it has become. She is trolling, she has even messed with peoples posts, that's not on... if messing with peoples posts, defending Craig on an anti-Craig sight, and derailing threads is not trolling under the official rules and it is only my own personal interpretation of the behavior.. kindly inform me, thank you.

Also, I am sorry if my behavior offended you, however, I should mention I am angered and offended by gala brand's presence on this site, and that lead me to lash out with an angry outburst against you when I mistakenly thought you were protecting her. As frankly, I am worried sick that this place could become another mi6community.com if any more Craig supporters like her are allowed, by human error, to get a foothold.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm a bit confused over this thread as I could not find Gala Brand's post in caps?

Supporting Daniel Craig is not against the rules. We allow those who like Daniel Craig to post here because we believe in free speech unlike CommanderBond and MI6 Community who were harsh on those who opposed Daniel Craig in the past. When we started the forum in 2007 Daniel Craig fans joined to attack us but we were nice to them and some like The Sweeney and English Agent stayed. But if a Daniel Craig fan is abusive or trolling then we delete the post or ban the member. And we also don't allow members to be abusive to other members.
Bring back Bond!
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I did not create this thread to be an Craig vs Classic Bond fans arena. This thread is about The Man From UNCLE reboot. And I hope it gets no further Craig vs Classic Bond arguments and stay true to its original subject. If I get news about UNCLE film project, I'll post it in here. Thank you.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

So let me try to understand the facts: Robert Vaughan attacked Gala Brand?
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

The Man From U.NC.L.E. has it roots in Bond so it is understandable how the cross talk gets going.

To address some of the things that have come up in this thread. We don't prohibit Craig Fans from joining, even if were were to manage this a few would sneak in by pretending to agree with us to attempt to pull a stunt later on. I'd rather people be who they are with us. That said we are who we are and we have a certain point of view we encourage, as such we try to protect our members from abuses when trolls show up.

We've become a place where Bond fans can go to talk about subjects other Bond Forums will not allow. Movie finances and other forbidden topics are freely discussed here. We try to be fair and we try to be polite, sometimes it requires us to do things we would rather not.

I appreciate the effort to get back on topic and allowing the situation to cool off. If any has a comment please feel free to contact me with a PM.

:cheers:
GE
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

To lighten up the heated discussion, I actually sat right next to the original Man From Uncle, Robert Vaughn, last June at the New Jersey Supermegashow convention at the Parsippany Marriot Hotel. He wore sneakers with tan pants, came into the lobby dining restaurant, sat immediately to my left, ordered a bowl of 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream and demanded the check at the same time. I was with 3 friends. We said hello to him and he acknowledged us with a hello back. I asked him how the convention was going and he said it was great. Another person dining there walked over to him and told him he admired his work in Hollywood, and walked away. After the 3 scoops of ice cream, he got up, said have a nice evening, and left. To the newer members, NEVER accuse this site of turning into a Cr-egg lovefest. That will NEVER occur. Just let his minions rant all they want and either ignore them or respond to them.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Wow, you were actually lucky to see him, BJMDDS. It's quite an honour. Is he a friendly in real-life or gets annoyed when fans come around him often?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

To be honest I saw him coming towards us and I thought I was seeing things until he chose the table seat to my left. He sat down quietly, by himself, and was gracious, but not too talkative, not like when I met Maud Adams and Brit Ekland at the New Jersey Chiller Theatre convention's nearby restaurant 2 years ago. Maud was quite talkative. Brit was just the opposite, when we approached them. In fact, I will be at the next one in just 10 days: http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm Recognize anyone?
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Splendid. I know Brit is not talkative, one of my facebook friends, a well-aged man, is a friend of one of her friends. And he said her youth was really destroyed by Peter Sellers' rudeness to her. Perhaps that's why she refuses to collect more friends? Who Knows? However, you are really lucky to meet such splendid people. Who are you meeting next?
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Can't take these things personally. I've gotten plenty of warnings usually for calling Benny an ignorant slut :twisted:

I'm not sure when Tommy Cruise is going to have time to do UNCLE, he's got several movies on the horizon. Sad but it may not see the light of day without him, it one of the titles Hollywood executive piss themselves over trying to get it right.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:Splendid. I know Brit is not talkative, one of my facebook friends, a well-aged man, is a friend of one of her friends. And he said her youth was really destroyed by Peter Sellers' rudeness to her. Perhaps that's why she refuses to collect more friends? Who Knows? However, you are really lucky to meet such splendid people. Who are you meeting next?
We never know until we get there. Two years ago, of all people, Noel Neil of the original Superman tv series here was standing right next to us in the lobby when the band was playing. She was not that friendly. We stood next to and spoke with Maryam D'Abo last year at Chiller Theatre's convention and she was quite friendly. I spotted her immediately in the crowd. We have met the late Larry Hagman (J R) as well about 10 years ago at Chiller Theatre. He was the nicest person that you could meet. He actually approached my friend and inquired about his new camera and we spoke to him in the lobby for a good 10 minutes. We are quite sad to see him pass away.