The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Re: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Armie Hammer did an interview where he's quoted as saying they're using the Scott Z. Burns UNCLE script that Soderbergh was going to film. He also says movie is supposed to start filming in August.

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2013/06 ... hs-script/
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

So, it's gonna be set in the 1960s, then. We should forget about the Vaughn/McCallum cameo, then.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Here's the only actor I can see playing Napoleon Solo. I'd rather suggest John Hamm for the role than letting pretty face Henry Cavill get into it.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Ohh, and Paul Bettany as Ilya kuryakin. Anything is better than that Armie Hammer.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Why don't the studios realize this Jack?
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Why don't the studios realize this Jack?
No brains, BJ. That's why. They would have realized their mistakes a long ago (about 14 years ago) if they had any brains. It's not Hollywood, anymore. It's "holleh..hoodah"! Yeah, that cheap kind of spelling.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Elizabeth Debicki reportedly has joined UNCLE movie project, and she'll be playing a femme fatale instead of a good girl.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Hugh Grant has been recently added to the cast list. Definition on his role credited him as "the head of British Naval Intelligence", no further information leaked.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

A couple of funny memes I've found:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

According to a recent news, shooting on The Man From UNCLE would begin on September 7th, 2013.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Oh, here's something odd. Hugh Grant is cast as Alexander Waverly. Really? That's the best they can do?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Oh, here's something odd. Hugh Grant is cast as Alexander Waverly. Really? That's the best they can do?
"I knew Hugh Grant was over a barrel when Tarantula took to the hills". Doesn't really work, does it? :twisted:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Oh, here's something odd. Hugh Grant is cast as Alexander Waverly. Really? That's the best they can do?
"I knew Hugh Grant was over a barrel when Tarantula took to the hills". Doesn't really work, does it? :twisted:
When Waverly appeared in UNCLE for the first time, the actor Leo G. Carroll was 77 years old, while Grant turns 53 by Monday. Second, Waverly was supposed to be a man with posh characterization and heavy persona, Hugh Grant is just too young and too soft for the role. And come on. Him as Waverly? Why not cast Bradley Cooper as M next time?
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

It looks like there's new and young actor who joined the cast. He will be playing a younger version of Solo, probably during a flashback scene. Jonathan Nadav, 23, has been cast as the young Solo, according to CASTINGCALLPRO.COM, a Web site that tracks casting.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Maybe Daniel can flash back in Bond 24 so a Connery clone can make the movies enjoyable again.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

I don't understand... why are you complaining about Henry Cavill in the role, seriously?!?!? HE should be James Bond, I don't see why he can't be Napoleon Solo.

And here, from set today:

"Are we on coms?"
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Alessandra wrote:I don't understand... why are you complaining about Henry Cavill in the role, seriously?!?!? HE should be James Bond, I don't see why he can't be Napoleon Solo.

Well, I'm proven wrong as far as I can see. Guy Ritchie is a genius director. My main problem is with Armie Hammer, aka "The Dude". Cavill definitely would pull it off. However, I still think the ones I've mentioned up there would have been better choices, or ultimate choices I may say. However, as long as it's a re-imagination of the series, I can't wait to see the movie. I just beg Hammer wouldn't screw it up with his "yer dude" accent.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

John P. Drake wrote:
Alessandra wrote:I don't understand... why are you complaining about Henry Cavill in the role, seriously?!?!? HE should be James Bond, I don't see why he can't be Napoleon Solo.

Well, I'm proven wrong as far as I can see. Guy Ritchie is a genius director. My main problem is with Armie Hammer, aka "The Dude". Cavill definitely would pull it off. However, I still think the ones I've mentioned up there would have been better choices, or ultimate choices I may say. However, as long as it's a re-imagination of the series, I can't wait to see the movie. I just beg Hammer wouldn't screw it up with his "yer dude" accent.
I can see your concern about Arnie Hammer, and I DO see Jon Hamm in this role of course, but I ADORE Henry Cavill and he's already proven he is a REALLY good actor, so I think he really can pull it off. I hope they are re-imagining it the appropriate way and that it becomes a new classic.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

UNCLE films should be sequel oriented, unless it bombs at the box office. How can the green vegetable allow Solo to infiltrate her warped Bond fantasy world?