The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

Post by John P. Drake »

One of the most famous TV Shows back in the 1960s, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was slated to be adapted to film, with many directors and actors were nearly signed to be part of the project. At first, Steven Soderbergh was attached to direct the film, with George Clooney was suggested to be taking the part of Napoleon Solo, with a screenplay being penned by Scott Z. Burns with production slated to begin in March 2012. In addition executives from Warner Bros. wanted the budget to not exceed $60 million, but Soderbergh felt that it was not enough money due to the demands of the project such as the 1960s-era sets and props and the multi-continental settings. In November 2011 Soderbergh had dropped out of the film due to budget and casting conflicts. Then, it was reported that Guy Ritchie was going to replace Soderbergh to helm the direction of the project, but the film adaptation was cancelled before it could make it to production. In March 2013, Deadline.com reported that the film was back in production with Ritchie directing and that Tom Cruise was in early talks for a part in the film.

However, my point of view is, Tom Cruise can't be a "Man From U.N.C.L.E.". We'll make it there later in the paragraph I'm gonna write. At first, if they are going to feature Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin in the film, then they shouldn't be the protagonists. Because, Robert Vaughn and David McCallum are too old to be action heroes, once again, and that's why they'll hire brand new actors to replace them and it will result in flop, total utter failure. Does anyone remember what happened to the first film adaptation of Mission: Impossible back in 1996? Peter Graves was replaced by Jon Voight for the role of Jim Phelps, and the worse part is that Phelps turned out to be a traitor and was the criminal behind the whole operation they were after to stop. And what happened next? He died in the end of the film. Phelps??? Villain??? PLEASE. Make up your minds Hollywood Producers!! Phelps would never have betrayed his team, let alone his country. That's blasphemy!!! Second, if anyone remembers The Avengers film adaptation in 1998, that film was being laughed out of the building. Come on, what happened to the evil masterminds? Have they gone a bit too far with the fantasy plot? Yes, they did. And it was boring to be honest. Although, Ralph Fiennes alone has done a good job in being John Steed, actually, I'd give him that. Back to where we started, why can't Tom Cruise be a "Man From U.N.C.L.E."? At first, he can never be seen as Napoleon Solo, second, if he stars in the film, it will transform the formula into CGI-based action flick. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard fan for Action Flicks, but CGI-based U.N.C.L.E.? quoting Grumpy Cat: "NO!". However, despite I hated many of Cruise's Mission: Impossible movies, specially the third one for being influenced by Matt Damon's scumbag Jason "Street Thug" Bourne (going rogue and all that stuff, betraying his country like Cr-egg's Bond does now, urghh...), I loved the last one, Ghost Protocol was awesome, a great action flick showing how would a proper Mission: Impossible movie crossed-over with action formula would look today. But, as for U.N.C.L.E., it wouldn't work. Yes, it should be an action flick like Pierce Brosnan's first two James Bond films, but not making it look like a pointless Die Another Day clone, nor a a bloody Cr-egg/Damon clone, nor a pointless Vin Diesel xXx movie (worst spy material ever been). If they are going to make a film based on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., then they should include brand new characters with proper manly looking actors in the roles of the protagonists. Honouring the original show, Vaughn and McCallum should make cameos in the film, or have a bit larger roles, reprising their portrayal of their usual characters; Solo and Kuryakin, the former being the head of U.N.C.L.E., and the latter being the head of security, or chief of staff or operations. Who's on the same page?
Last edited by John P. Drake on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Re: The Man From The U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I think a new UNCLE could work but....few in Hollywood get the concept. UNCLE has elements of Bond, but it's more where a Bond-like world intersects with ours. What makes UNCLE different is the participation of the "innocent" characters (intended to be stand-ins for the audience under the original concept).

At this point, Vaughn's getting a little old (80) to even be the head of UNCLE.

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2013/02 ... u-n-c-l-e/
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I know, he's too old, but in my opinion, it doesn't mean he can't be the head of UNCLE. However, they should make it Classic Bond-like instead of some Hollywood rubbish such as xXx or The Bourne Trilogy or Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy. It's really hitting on my nerves if they make clones of those three aforementioned materials. If they're gonna do some serious one, they should stick to its original formula, not coming up with something new and ruining it.
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

How did Daniel Craig's Bond "betray his country"?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Making a possible U.N.C.L.E. Movie a Tom Cruise 'vehicle' would be a unforgivable mistake.

Edit: if Cruise can take himself out of the as he did for Tropic Thunder and few others, being part of the reason it gets the greenlight I'm fine with it, however in my opinion we don't need another watered down Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movie.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Gala Brand wrote:How did Daniel Craig's Bond "betray his country"?
Perhaps it all the going rogue on his own mission stuff.
Going AWOL and faking his own death for personal reasons might qualify as well.
Bond of Ian's Books did try to kill "M" after being brainwashed by the reds, I suppose that is treasonous. :|
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

JackJamesBond007 wrote: Because, Robert Vaughn and David McCallum are too old to be action heroes, once again, and that's why they'll hire brand new actors to replace them and it will result in flop, total utter failure. Does anyone remember what happened to the first film adaptation of Mission: Impossible back in 1996?
Yes, it grossed $750 million worldwide (adjusted for inflation) and spawned three sequels to date. Interesting definition of failure.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Blowfeld wrote:
Bond of Ian's Books did try to kill "M" after being brainwashed by the reds, I suppose that is treasonous. :|
I wouldn't say it's treasonous, because Bond was being brainwashed, he was programmed to assassinate M, he was just a machine, just like ED-209. But, all did Cr-egg was preferring his bloody emotions over duty, acting like a total utter unprofessional schoolboy, a street thug, who faked his death to get away from MI6, sold out Agent Fields to Greene and then went rogue to foil his plans for some reason. And I could see him becoming a full-time traitor like Matt Damon's Jason Bourne.
Kristatos wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote: Because, Robert Vaughn and David McCallum are too old to be action heroes, once again, and that's why they'll hire brand new actors to replace them and it will result in flop, total utter failure. Does anyone remember what happened to the first film adaptation of Mission: Impossible back in 1996?
Yes, it grossed $750 million worldwide (adjusted for inflation) and spawned three sequels to date. Interesting definition of failure.
That wasn't my point. We all know that. It spawned three sequels, yes it did, but the second one resulted on a total action flick instead of a spy movie, and the audience hated it if my memory serves me right and was nominated for "worst" stuff awards. The third one, was hateable movie to the max, influenced by a Bourne movie (as if the current Bond films didn't) and had POINTLESS plot, Rabbit's foot. What the hell is that? They didn't even explain what was that. Yeah, and going rogue is a trend on movies, now, every protagonist in every film nowadays goes rogue, that sounds cool to the general audience now. However, the latest M:I movie was done properly, action as it had to be, science fiction involved as it should have, and had Cruise acting like a professional spy instead of emotionally unstable twerp, if you know what I mean. There was a threat out there they feared from, there was a merciless villain to fight, there was a world to save. It was just like a Classic James Bond movie if you ask me. I don't think you would disagree with this one.
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

Blowfeld wrote:

One "perhaps", one "might" and a reference to a plot point that has nothing to do with any of Craig's films. With regard to "faking his own death" he retired after being shot twice, falling two hundred feet and, presumably, almost drowning. I don't see taking retirement, cetainly under those circumstances, as betraying your country. As for going rogue, (I suppose you mean QOS), Bond had been ordered to investigate a criminal organization, some members of the CIA were in league with the criminal organization and told MI6 to stand down, but Bond continued doing what he was originally ordered to do. Hard to see that as betraying your country.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Gala Brand wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:

One "perhaps", one "might" and a reference to a plot point that has nothing to do with any of Craig's films. With regard to "faking his own death" he retired after being shot twice, falling two hundred feet and, presumably, almost drowning. I don't see taking retirement, cetainly under those circumstances, as betraying your country. As for going rogue, (I suppose you mean QOS), Bond had been ordered to investigate a criminal organization, some members of the CIA were in league with the criminal organization and told MI6 to stand down, but Bond continued doing what he was originally ordered to do. Hard to see that as betraying your country.
Not quite. If he was told to return to full debriefing he shouldn't have disobeyed that order. He shot a man who was working for Special Branch, then, sold out Agent Fields to Quantum as they needed an agent to kill, I can see Craig's Bond being revealed to be a double agent working for Quantum, actually. Total utter traitor. It's a duty, it doesn't matter how many times you get shot or survive the death, if you're dedicated to your country, then you simply serve it without hesitation. It's just another day in the office. But, faking his death just for his own "comfort", that is already a treason to his country, because at first, he left Patrice to escape instead of pursuing him (after his death, before "re-joining" MI6), he didn't care if there was a threat, just spending a few hours getting drunk at a bar or something, or screwing up a hooker. Not to mention, he raped Severine despite knowing that she was used as a prostitute at the age of 11? 12? Knowing that she tried to commit suicide for that severely, he still raped her, a disgusting character Cr-egg's Bond is!! I have no doubt that he's working for Quantum like I said. His persona is just like a low-ranking villain. He prefers his own comfort over duty, joined MI6 to kill, not to serve. That's blasphemy, if you know what I mean.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Re: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: Film Adaptation

Post by Napoleon Solo »

To be technical, when one retires, one informs his or her employer. Yes, Bond had decided he'd had enough. But without calling in, he was closer to being AWOL than retired. Personally, I overlooked that (the same way I chose to overlook the continuity issues with the DB5).

This idea was taken from the novels You Only Live Twice and The Man With the Golden Gun. That situation had the additional complication of amnesia so it wasn't a deliberate decision to go AWOL. On the other hand, with Skyfall, you could argue it was a special circumstance. MI6 was "at war" with an unknown threat so it took Bond back without penalty, Bond wouldn't have gone back if MI6 hadn't been attacked, etc.

In any case, to say Bond retired at the start of Skyfall isn't quite accurate.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Realistically Craig/Bond in Spyfall should have called in immediately, not doing so would IMO land him in jail when he magically shows up and without question cause his security clearance to be revoked. Why would the government ever trust him again? He could walk off any job because of whatever reason, I don't think it's treason, dumb and selfish maybe.

Brosnan, Dalton, Moore, Connery, Lazenby Bond's were trust worthy, Craig is a security risk. But it's the Bourne story telling they are so fond of with Craig.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'd say M did worse than revoke his security clearance, though. She fudged the results of his fitness for duty report and then sent him out into the field on a mission that she didn't expect him to survive. This has its roots in the novel of TMWTGG, but there, Sir Miles did it because he thought it was a more fitting end for Bond than wasting away in a retirement home somewhere. Judi Dench's M, on the other hand, was even more of a psychopath than Craig's Bond, and probably did it out of spite.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

of course, there was a prop for the film that openly statges that cr-egg was "mentally unfit for duty at mi6" and should be "removed from duty pending extermination for treason". as mi6 medical stated "a sufferer of manic depression and post truamatic stress disorder, highly mentally unstable, most likely psychotic".

sorry, standard rules for british security service from the cold war Clearly state that if an agent goes mad, you KILL HIM before he goes Red. standard orders, and the report said he had gone mad. by not killing him, M herself commited treason, by breaching an order from MOD high command.

M Had to either be willing to die, or completely stupid to ignore that evidence ,and that cold war ruling, and keep that blasted traitor on the books.

Especially when, in his RAMPANT following of his own "emotions", (wich in real life, are drilled completely out of you before you even finish square-bashing, so no way he would still have them by mi6 in real life, further proving that the films run on cry on doody brand knock off realizm-wodka) in QOS, he baught america and the united kingdom to the brink of WAR! if that is not betraying your country, then kindly tell me what is!

ps, if you wonder where i have been the past 3 weeks, ive been on vactation.
God Save The Queen.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Well said, Glorious England. That's the rules!!
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
Gala Brand wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:

Not quite. If he was told to return to full debriefing he shouldn't have disobeyed that order. WHICH MOVIE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? a He shot a man who was working for Special Branch THAT WAS SELF-DEFENSE, then, sold out Agent Fields to Quantum as they needed an agent to kill, THAT MAKES NO SENSE, SHE WAS KILLED BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO KILL SOMEBODY? I can see Craig's Bond being revealed to be a double agent working for Quantum, WELL HE WASN''T, THAT WAS THE AMERICANS AND HAINES AND MITCHELL AND PEOPLE WORKING FOR HAINES AND JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY EXCEPT M, BOND, AND LEITER actually. Total utter traitor. NO, HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO IS DOING HIS DUTY. HE'S CHARGED WITH INVESTIGATING AN ORGANIZATION THAT'S INFILTRATED MI-6 AND CONTINUES TO DO SO EVEN AT RISK TO HIS OWN CAREER AND HIS LIFE. It's a duty, it doesn't matter how many times you get shot or survive the death, if you're dedicated to your country, then you simply serve it without hesitation. It's just another day in the office. But, faking his death just for his own "comfort", that is already a treason to his country, because at first, he left Patrice to escape instead of pursuing him HOW'S WAS HE GOING TO FIND HIM ON HIS OWN WHEN ALL OF MI-6 APPARENTLY CAN'T? AND HE WAS SHOT TWICE AND SUFFERED A TWO HUNDRED FOOT FALL. THAT'S GOING TO REQUIRE SOME RECOVERY TIME UNDER THE BEST OF CIRCUMSTANCES. HE'S OUT OF OPERATION FOR ONLY ABOUT THREE MONTHS, A REMARKABLY SHORT TIME (after his death, before "re-joining" MI6), he didn't care if there was a threat, just spending a few hours getting drunk at a bar YOU'RE GOING TO CRITICIZE JAMES BOND FOR DRINKING ALCOHOL? HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BOOKS? THE GUY'S AWASH IN A SEA OF ALCOHOL. or something, or screwing up a hooker OR BEING SEXUALLY PROMISCUOUS? REALLY, YOU'RE GOING TO CRITICIZE JAMES BOND FOR BEING SEXUALLY PROMISCUOUS? HELL, IAN FLEMING WAS WELL KNOWN FOR CONSORTING WITH PROSTITUTES. Not to mention, he raped Severine HE DIDN'T RAPE HER SHE SEEMED QUITE RECEPTIVE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE RAPE, CHECK OUT GOLDFINGER. despite knowing that she was used as a prostitute at the age of 11? 12? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? BASED ON WHAT SHE SAID? SHE'S OBVIOUSLY AN UNRELIABLE CHARACTER, PROBABLY A SOCIOPATH, WHO USES BOND TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS AND IT DOESN'T WORK OUT THE WAY SHE EXPECTED Knowing that she tried to commit suicide for that severely, he still raped her, a disgusting character Cr-egg's Bond is!! YOU'RE BECOMING TOTALLY INCOHERENT NOW. THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS HOW DID HE BETRAY HIS COUNTRY? YOU NEED TO FOCUS. I have no doubt that he's working for Quantum like I said. His persona is just like a low-ranking villain. He prefers his own comfort over duty, joined MI6 to kill, not to serve. That's blasphemy, if you know what I mean.
Last edited by Gala Brand on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

Glorious England wrote:of course, there was a prop for the film that openly statges that cr-egg was "mentally unfit for duty at mi6" and should be "removed from duty pending extermination for treason". as mi6 medical stated "a sufferer of manic depression and post truamatic stress disorder, highly mentally unstable, most likely psychotic".

sorry, standard rules for british security service from the cold war Clearly state that if an agent goes mad, you KILL HIM before he goes Red. standard orders, REALLY? "STANDARD ORDERS? KILL AN AGENT FOR BEING MENTALLY UNSTABLE? WHEN WAS THIS EVER DONE? and the report said he had gone mad. by not killing him, M herself commited treason, by breaching an order from MOD high command.

M Had to either be willing to die, or completely stupid to ignore that evidence ,and that cold war ruling, and keep that blasted traitor on the books.

Especially when, in his RAMPANT following of his own "emotions", (wich in real life, are drilled completely out of you before you even finish square-bashing, so no way he would still have them by mi6 in real life, further proving that the films run on cry on doody brand knock off realizm-wodka) in QOS, he baught america and the united kingdom to the brink of WAR! if that is not betraying your country, then kindly tell me what is!

ps, if you wonder where i have been the past 3 weeks, ive been on vactation.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Gala Brand wrote: WHICH MOVIE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THAT WAS SEFL-DEFENSE

THAT MAKES NO SENSE, SHE WAS KILLED BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO KILL SOMEBODY?

WELL HE WASN''T, THAT WAS THE AMERICANS AND HAINES AND MITCHELL AND PEOPLE WORKING FOR HAINES AND JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY EXCEPT M, BOND, AND LEITER NO, HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO IS DOING HIS DUTY. HE'S CHARGED WITH INVESTIGATING AN ORGANIZATION THAT'S INFILTRATED MI-6 AND CONTINUES TO DO SO EVEN AT RISK TO HIS OWN CAREER AND HIS LIFE.

HOW'S WAS HE GOING TO FIND HIM ON HIS OWN WHEN ALL OF MI-6 APPARENTLY CAN'T? AND HE WAS SHOT TWICE AND SUFFERED A TWO HUNDRED FOOT FALL. THAT'S GOING TO REQUIRE SOME RECOVERY TIME UNDER THE BEST OF CIRCUMSTANCES. HE'S OUT OF OPERATION FOR ONLY ABOUT THREE MONTHS, A REMARKABLY SHORT TIME.

YOU'RE GOING TO CRITICIZE JAMES BOND FOR DRINKING ALCOHOL? HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BOOKS? THE GUY'S AWASH IN A SEA OF ALCOHOL.

OR BEING SEXUALLY PROMISCUOUS? REALLY, YOU'RE GOING TO CRITICIZE JAMES BOND FOR BEING SEXUALLY PROMISCUOUS? HELL, IAN FLEMING WAS WELL KNOWN FOR CONSORTING WITH PROSTITUTES. HE DIDN'T RAPE HER SHE SEEMED QUITE RECEPTIVE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE RAPE, CHECK OUT GOLDFINGER.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? BASED ON WHAT SHE SAID? SHE'S OBVIOUSLY AN UNRELIABLE CHARACTER, PROBABLY A SOCIOPATH, WHO USES BOND TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS AND IT DOESN'T WORK OUT THE WAY SHE EXPECTED.

YOU'RE BECOMING TOTALLY INCOHERENT NOW. THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS HOW DID HE BETRAY HIS COUNTRY? YOU NEED TO FOCUS.
Here are my responds...
1-Self-Defense? That is really laughable. Grabbing the agent and throwing him off the roof was a self-defense. Right.
2-Makes no sense? It does make sense if someone with a brain would understand what was I talking about. He left Fields in the clutches of Mr. Pathetic Greene instead of taking her with him.
3-Doing his duty and risking his life? You must be referring to another film. Been ordered to go back to MI6 is an ORDER you CANNOT disobey! And disobedience is treason, which can make you not just suspended from duty but get killed for it.
4-Suffered, Shot, Recovery, blah blah blah: Let me tell you how a real-life patriotic agent is, seems you just know nothing about it all. Even if an agent is shot and smashed between the rocks, and he's nearly dead, he finds a way to report back, and then, the rest will be taken care of by his allies. He simply felt it was "too boring and hard job" for him and decided to leave, because he's a coward. And for the record, Miss Brand, cowardice is an intolerable treason, I'd give you that. Even if he gets killed in a mission, he gets killed for his country, not anything else, let alone personal feelings.
5-Criticizing Alcohol? It wasn't me who mixed one's own sentences in a quote box, merging other users' own paragraphs which hardly makes sense or none at all. I was referring to his bloody waste of time instead of waking up and finding a way in to report to M, but no, he has to the modern trend and be "cool guy", in my own words, I call it scumbag, waste of blood and organs, with no purpose in his life to live for. And for the record, I've read Fleming's books countless times, not just Fleming's, but the rest of the continuation novels as well, more than you can ever imagine.
6-BEING SEXUALLY PROMISCUOUS? Yeah, about that... Just go and take a look with what kind of girls the previous five Bond had sex with and with what kind of girls Craig had sex with and how? At first, Craig's character is gone rampant, for his own pleasure, he forces himself on any girl he sees. Fleming himself was too rampant who knows if he didn't have sexual relationships with Noel Coward? He definitely did. And you know how the Christian Churches' view on homosexuals. Are you going to tell me that bullsh*t about that "all love is equal" now? or you're simply going to bash the religions and praise atheism? However, if you were referring to Pussy Galore, it wasn't rape, it was "planned", how can I put it? She wanted to have sex with Bond, stating that she has "never met a man before". But, what Bond does to Severine, he just rapes her, knowing she suffered from the idea she was used as a sex toy.
7-Unreliable? She has no advantage in using Bond to "get what she wants". Think more like an open-minded, please. What kind of an advantage she would have had in assassinating Silva? And then, haven't you noticed the scars on her wrists? Or you're gonna simply tell me it was fake? She was expecting Craig to free her from Silva's clutches. But, he simply raped her and then left her to die. Ever read my Skyfall review? If you haven't, please do. Dragging her into trouble which cost her her own life, despite being able to save her, he didn't.
8-Incoherent? It is YOU who was trolling on a thread and getting out of the subject. How did he betray his country has been stated severely alone in this thread, and on many other threads if you haven't took a look. I already know you're a Craig fan, well this site isn't about Craig fangirls, haven't you read the sign up there? It's written 'Daniel Craig is Not James Bond'. If you are against that idea, then why are you still here? To troll? Well, I don't tolerate that. I'm not going to repeat the same thing I said thousand times if you're either not going to understand it or won't admit it because you are in love with Mr. Craig? Enough Said.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Um.. Yeah.. I'm not going to get directly involved in THIS non-discussion/tiresome runaround rambling AGAIN. It's boring me to tears to even THINK
about it. But I have only one thing to add, or rather correct (again):

Craig-Bond did NOT SHOOT that Special Branch agent in QoS. He dropped him off a roof for refusing to answer his questions after the unidentified agent
CHASED HIM WITH A GUN SHOOTING AT Craig-Bond. And for the Agent's heinous crime of telling Craig-Bond to "piss off" and trying to grab at the lapels
of his fancy-pants tuxedo that wasn't even Craig-Bond's since he stole it.

It was Dominic Greene's flunky who shot the SB Agent after he hit Greene's car, injured but STILL ALIVE. Craig-Bond only stuck around long enough
to admire his "handiwork" of the SB Agent hitting the car but left before he could witness the shooting. Dumb-ass that Craig-Bond is, he never
bothered to take two seconds to say "I didn't shoot him" after M accused him of the crime.

So based on those actions, Craig-Bond is admittedly NOT a "total utter traitor", but he IS an incompetent, unprofessional, vain, indifferent,
brutal slacker who'd rather let everyone believe that he's a bad-ass rogue who kills his own fellow agents because it makes him look more
"hardcore" than a sloppy coward who helps his enemies kill those fellow agents, guilty or not.

Unlike The Spy Who Loved Me's better scene where the more-REAL Roger Moore Bond let the bulky bald murderous goon (who'd already shot a woman
dead while aiming for Bond) slowly lose his grip on Bond's slippery necktie to panic the goon into giving the info he demanded. And after THAT was
accomplished, Bond smacked the goon's hand away and let him fall to his death on the hard concrete pavement below with "what a helpful chap" to
sign off on before he got right back on to DOING HIS JOB. As always.

And yet today's audiences think that Craig-Bond's self-involved, rogue-agent posturing is somehow preferable to that example of old-school Professionalism.
Yeah, right. Big improvement there. _.///