LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Cheesy stuff in OHMSS

Post by Omega »

I like OHMSS, I think they took more time on the story and setting than they did for most of the series including TLD and LTK two of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I didn't watch the movie yet but I read a couple of times how there would be no discussion this is the best Bond movie if Connery was in it.Personally I disagree.This type of movie wouldn't fit Connery's Bond.He is great as this charismatic womanizer macho spy but I don't think the whole story,the romance and everything would fit him.I did see some clips from the movie and I got the impression Lazenby doesn't know how to act like a spy.His Bond doesn't seem like a guy who killed anybody in his life.He's much more mellower and I think therefore the whole romance thing fits him actually more than it would fit Connery.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Yes Connery's Bond persona was at the time perhaps not suitable for this type of story.

On the other hand there were times in the Connery Bonds were Connery showed a more romantic side, the scenes with Domino in Thunderball for example.

And I think Connery could have done a good job in another version of OHMSS, he would have been able to be a James Bond who was not only a womanizer.

I really like the heist film Entrapment from 1999, with Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones (I've mentioned this before on the forum), Connery is of course a much older man here but I think the romance between him and Catherine works very well. And I think the film itself is much better and more Bondian than any of the Brosnan or Craig Bonds.

Image Image

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Watched the movie long ago so I remember practically nothing from the movie except that scene with a laser.Altough I assume the movie is definitely more Bondian than any Craig movies(well that's not hard) I disagree that it is more Bondian than Brosnan movies.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

EVERYTHING.