How are you celebrating the Bond 50th Anniversary?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

How are you celebrating the Bond 50th Anniversary?

Post by carl stromberg »

How is everyone celebrating the 50th anniversary?

I find it difficult to celebrate as there has not been a Bond film for 10 years. And the current celebrations include the Craig films an him, and are used to promote his third awful "Bond" film. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: How are you celebrating the Bond 50th Anniversary?

Post by FormerBondFan »

It's simple. Not celebrating it. Watch over The Dark Knight trilogy instead. Now that's James Bond.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I've been watching the older Bond films lately, in no particular order. I just have Dr. No, From Russia With Love, You Only Live Twice, and The Living Daylights left before I'm done. But other than that, I'm not really going to bother with celebrating the 50th anniversary. What's the point? To just fondly reminisce about the classic Bond films with tears in my eyes? I already do that enough. Sean Connery has the right idea, just don't bother celebrating at all.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Watch over The Dark Knight trilogy. Watch Twilight. Watch The Hobbit. Watch Les Miz. Watch Rise of the Guardians. Watch Red Dawn. Watch Wreck-It Ralph. Watch Flight. Watch Lincoln. Watch Anna Karenina. Stay away from Skyfall and don't think about listening to Adele's song, GREAT OR NOT. And great or not, you do not support good music from an enemy, and Bond is our enemy now. If you want to to listen to good music, listen to Hans Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises, and Batman is our ally.

[video][/video]
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Not celebrating it because I'm not that far gone a fanboy. I enjoy the movies but I'm not going nuts because 50 years ago this or that happened, 100 years ago Fleming was born, Cubby Broccoli. Just another year. Its like the anniversary dvd sets, 15 years of Stargate. 20 years of Star Wars. 10 years of LOTR.
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Omega wrote:Not celebrating it because I'm not that far gone a fanboy. I enjoy the movies but I'm not going nuts because 50 years ago this or that happened, 100 years ago Fleming was born, Cubby Broccoli. Just another year. Its like the anniversary dvd sets, 15 years of Stargate. 20 years of Star Wars. 10 years of LOTR.
It's the big one next year: the 30 year anniversary of the Police Academy series. :D
Bring back Bond!
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

I am going to re-read From Japan With Love, the adventures of Raymond Benson and friend in Japan during research for his novel, written around 2002. They are given the red carpet treatment by Japan tourist board, hotels, and an eccentric millionaire with a Bondian island! (One of the bedrooms has a wall that vanishes into the floor to reveal a suave vista). And they even go to Mie Hama's home and she serves them dinner with her beautiful daughter (Hama is reported to be stunniingly beautiful. She reflects that Connery was a perfect gentleman, like a big brother, she has nothing but fond memories of him. It would be the best if they could meet Twice for a photo shoot.

Will not celebrate with anything with Craig in it. Batman, si.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

commander0077again wrote:Batman, si.
What are you talking about?
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

Just general agreement with FormerBondFan ... watching Batman is closer to Bond that the new "Bond."
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

I'm spending it trying to forget that Daniel Craig has ruined the Bond series: it's a difficult task because he is at the forefront of "Gloibal James Bond Day".
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Everyone knows James Bond is only six years old!

Now everyone, take these pills that Barbara Broccoli gave out and watch Skyfall!
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

CaptainLewis wrote:Everyone knows James Bond is only six years old!

Now everyone, take these pills that Barbara Broccoli gave out and watch Skyfall!
:lol:

I'm going to celebrate by watching the 60s Connery movies and all of Brosnan's :yay:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

alvin made me laugh on the alto007 forum with this post :D :D
I'm not a big fan of those early films, but I don't think they're bad either. Just different times, I guess, and me and my generation is so removed from that time period. But I don't tell my grandfather that those movies are awful. When he watches them on DVD, I go along with it and just see how far the series has evolved into something cool and artsy with Daniel Craig.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:alvin made me laugh on the alto007 forum with this post :D :D
I'm not a big fan of those early films, but I don't think they're bad either. Just different times, I guess, and me and my generation is so removed from that time period. But I don't tell my grandfather that those movies are awful. When he watches them on DVD, I go along with it and just see how far the series has evolved into something cool and artsy with Daniel Craig.
Cool and artsy?! I guess I hit the nail on the head when I stated how the producers think of themselves as artistically creative geniuses with this new direction. And now some of the brainwashed fans are saying how wonderfully artistic the Craig Bond films are. Ugh... Seriously, I can't stand it when the young fans trash the older Bond films and praise the new ones. It really gives off a negative stereotypical image of younger Bond fans like myself, who are actually into the classic films more.

To me, the Craig Bond films are so primitive in comparison to the classic ones in pretty much every way. They spend tons of money on the new films, but are they anywhere near as good or entertaining as the older ones? Nope, not for me. The new Bond films are a chore to watch, it's like playing a bad or boring video game. And speaking of video games, there are many developers in the game industry who also think of themselves as artistically creative geniuses, and there's been various game series that have been ruined as a result. I'm so tired of people in the film and game industry shoving their artistic garbage down our throats, and saying how it's so much better. We are the customers, and it's our money that keeps them alive, which means we ultimately have the power. I'm not paying good money for what they feel is creative and artistic. It's your job to entertain the customers, not yourselves.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

I'll celebrate by microwaving the CR and QOS 50th discs :twisted:
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Mazer Rackham wrote:I'll celebrate by microwaving the CR and QOS 50th discs :twisted:
And videotape it then post it online.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

This game should be microwaved.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'll avoid SkyBALLS and anything Craig and watch videos like this instead:

[video][/video]
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:This game should be microwaved.

And Activision's upcoming Craig Of Duty Legends, oh, I mean 007 Legends, should be microwaved as well.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

My, my quite the bonfire we got going here. :lol: Must try and remember not to breath in all those toxic fumes of the smouldering plastics.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer