Best Fight Scene in a Bond Film

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
TheScashMan
Lieutenant

Best Fight Scene in a Bond Film

Post by TheScashMan »

There are many good fight scenes in Bond (that is, Bond films made between 1973-1985), but this has to be the finest:

I can watch that scene over-and-over and never get bored. I wonder, what scenes are favourites of everyone else here? I doubt any could be as good as the above! That scene had a good amount of suspense and I was literally shocked the first time I saw it. Nick Nack reminds me of the Chucky character from the Child's Play films, and was one of the most underrated villians of all time!
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: Best Fight Scene in a Bond Film

Post by The Sweeney »

Another bizarre opinion from Scashy.

Greatest fight scene is Connery v Shaw in FRWL. I doubt many people will disagree with that.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:Another bizarre opinion from Scashy.

Greatest fight scene is Connery v Shaw in FRWL. I doubt many people will disagree with that.
I'd give an honourable mention to the pre-credits fight scene in OHMSS. Lazenby may not have been much of an actor, but he was a terrific martial artist.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
MichaelZWilliamson
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia With Love

Post by MichaelZWilliamson »

Yeah, Lazenby gets the vote on any fight scene. Of course, it's hardly fair, because he was a real warrior before becoming Bond.
Recent work from Michael Z. Williamson
BATTLE LUNA (co-author), Baen Books, Jul 2020
FREEHOLD: DEFIANCE (editor), Baen Books, May 2021
THAT WAS NOW, THIS IS THEN, Baen Books, Dec 2021

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

Resurrecting thris thread ....
YOLT - Bond against big guy in Osato's headquarters is cheerfully elegant :cig: high comedy as Bond uses a coach as a weapon. Nice 'pretty boy' shot afterwards as Bond opens the safe
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Bond versus Max Zorin in A View To A Kill's climatic Golden Gate Bridge fight has always been one of my favourite fight scenes in the series. Bond versus Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever is another good one as well.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

TNd fight with Stamper was good I give the cargo net fight from TLD a nomination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

:007:
Hate to go with the flow but...
1. FRWL - Bond vs. Shaw

2. Goldeneye - 007 vs 006
3. YOLT - Bond vs Henchmen on the roof top by the dock when the camera zooms out (that's pretty Bad @$$)
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

My favourite is the Chateau fight in Thunderball.

The train fight in FRWL is a bit over-rated though.

The atmosphere is great with the train compartment and the tear gas exploding in Grant's face.

But the scene is marred by some sloppy fight choreography and sloppy editing.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Moore's fight with Sandor in TSWLM is pretty cool as well. :mrgreen:

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Bond versus Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me, and Bond versus Oddjob in Goldfinger are a couple of other favourite fight scenes of mine.

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

The Sweeney wrote: Greatest fight scene is Connery v Shaw in FRWL. I doubt many people will disagree with that.
You're right, Sweeney. No one will disagree with this one. Best fight scene ever!!
Jim
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die; The Man with the Golden Gun; On Her Majesty's Secret Service; the Spy Who Loved Me; Dr. No.
Favorite Movies: The Omega Man; Shane; in the Heat of the Night; The Pawnbroker; Solaris (1972); Walkabout; Serpico; Once Upon a Time in the West...

Post by Jim »

Agreed the fight with Nick Nack was brilliant. Really inventive, well choreographed, beautifully executed with a great live-action feel, and lovely flippant humour without undermining the action.

Another of my faves is also from TMWTGG, and that's the whole Kung Fu school scene. From start to finish its electric. And I love Bond's daring pragmatism of leaping through that window. Sometimes you just have to know when to fold 'em.

Another - that last final fight with Oddjob in the vault in Goldfinger. Great tension - no escape but you just know Oddjob could snap Bond's neck without blinking.

Another - love the final fight on the train in Live and Let Die with Tee Hee. Tense, humorous, really well shot.

Another - Licence to Kill: the fight with Dario on the conveyor belt - nasty.
Just ease back now, Jim. Relaaax. Mr. Big wants to see you.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Jim wrote:
Are you for REAL, Jim? That wasn't a "fight". All Bond did was grab Dario's ankle and make him fall onto the conveyor belt after the fiend was distracted by his minor wounding (in the shoulder) by Pam's gunfire. All Dario could do was claw desperately at Bond before being ground up into bloody pieces, while Bond could only hang on for dear life to keep himself from being sucked in with his enemy. So unless there were any actual punches & kicks thrown or blocked during that whole sequence (of which I saw none), then that definitely wasn't a "fight".
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Barry Niven wrote:
Jim wrote:
Are you for REAL, Jim? That wasn't a "fight". All Bond did was grab Dario's ankle and make him fall onto the conveyor belt after the fiend was distracted by his minor wounding (in the shoulder) by Pam's gunfire. All Dario could do was claw desperately at Bond before being ground up into bloody pieces, while Bond could only hang on for dear life to keep himself from being sucked in with his enemy. So unless there were any actual punches & kicks thrown or blocked during that whole sequence (of which I saw none), then that definitely wasn't a "fight".
It was more of a scuffle or "incident". :lol: Welcome back Jim!"
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Good to see you Jim!@!! :cheers: :cheers: Moore had some surprisingly physical fights seeing as most think of his as the least athletic Bond.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Jim
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die; The Man with the Golden Gun; On Her Majesty's Secret Service; the Spy Who Loved Me; Dr. No.
Favorite Movies: The Omega Man; Shane; in the Heat of the Night; The Pawnbroker; Solaris (1972); Walkabout; Serpico; Once Upon a Time in the West...

Post by Jim »

Barry Niven wrote:
Jim wrote:
Well, maybe. Perhaps it was more of a scuffle. But I'm not sure a fight necessarily requires punches or kicks thrown or blocked to be definitively a fight, and outside of your very particular definition of the term 'fight' I thought the scene was combative and certainly constituted a life and death struggle, which for my money I suppose I'm happy to think of as being a fight, albeit it was a messy one and a short one. But I thought it was creative writing and very well done and had a real sense of menace, so for me it's a fave fight scene.
Jim
Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Dr. No wrote:Good to see you Jim!@!! :cheers: :cheers: Moore had some surprisingly physical fights seeing as most think of his as the least athletic Bond.
Yes, I agree. I sometimes wonder if there isn't a disparaging stereotype that has grown up retrospectively about Moore's Bond, perhaps because he was so suave it all appeared somewhat effortless at times. But I find his depiction pretty physical, and sometimes chillingly ice-cold.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Favourite fight scenes from each actor:

Sean Connery, From Russia With Love: Red Grant vs Bond fight in the train.
George Lazenby, On Her Majesty's Secret Service: The hotel suite fight with a Unione Corse thug.
Roger Moore, Octopussy: The mansion fight where Bond dispatches deadly goons off all with his melee skills.
Timothy Dalton, The Living Daylights: Pre-title sequence, the clash on the jeep.
Pierce Brosnan, GoldenEye: 006 vs 007.