The best dressed Bond

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Robert Stirling
Lieutenant

The best dressed Bond

Post by Robert Stirling »

Surprising GQ award of world’s best dressed man for Daniel Craig have suggested the idea of this topic to me.
Who of the Bond actors was the best dressed one in your opinion, who was wearing his clothes with the biggest dose of class (we analyse only their apperance in Bond films)?

Obviously styles change over the years, certain crafts, patterns and fabrics go out of fashion, but the overall impression of elegance is (or should be) timeless. It especially should applied to Bond who is supposed to be synonym of a classy man.

So who was the best in this role?
- "Do I look like I give a d**n?"
- You don't. And that's the main problem.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The best dressed Bond

Post by Kristatos »

Robert Stirling wrote:Obviously styles change over the years, certain crafts, patterns and fabrics go out of fashion, but the overall impression of elegance is (or should be) timeless. It especially should applied to Bond who is supposed to be synonym of a classy man.
Tough call. All the Bonds have their share of sartorial faux pas - The Bond Files even has a section in each film's listing called "James Bond - Fashion Victim". But at the same time, all the first 5 Bonds look good in a tux (I'll reserve judgement on Craig until we see his "more refined Bond" in Bond 22). So I call a 5-way tie!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Sean Connery - Pure class. He always looked the best in the suits.
Daniel Craig - Brought back the three piece suit in a dangerous way.
Pierce Brosnan - Had a plethora of nice suits.
George Lazenby - Didn't look too bad in scotish clothing.
Roger Moore - Always left me with the impression wearing a silly safari suit. It fits his Bond.
Timothy Dalton - Kept wearing a bottoned shirt with the top 3 bottons undone. This is Bond, not Indiana Jones. They should have had him wearing suits like Connery because he looked great in them in a few scenes.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Brosnan always looked good in a suit. Not sure about his cravat though.