The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Aidan Turner turned 37 today. How this man is not Bond already is beyond belief :!: Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:20 am Aidan Turner turned 37 today. How this man is not Bond already is beyond belief :!: Image
I'm glad Turner had not made a Bond movie that was to be released this year. That really would have been annoying.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
I'm glad Turner had not made a Bond movie that was to be released this year. That really would have been annoying.
That's true. Craig coming back for a fifth film may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully NTTD will not only flop, but tarnish Craig's entire legacy the way DAD somewhat unfairly tarnished Pierce's.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was think of LTK and daltons reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:33 am I was think of LTK and Dalton's reputation.
Not sure that's quite the same. Dalton was never that popular with the casuals to begin with (though the fans liked him), so LTK didn't do as much damage to his reputation as DAD did to Pierce's.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:33 am I was think of LTK and Dalton's reputation.
Not sure that's quite the same. Dalton was never that popular with the casuals to begin with (though the fans liked him), so LTK didn't do as much damage to his reputation as DAD did to Pierce's.
You’re right in that most audiences worldwide never warmed to him, and Craig was beloved by all , brosnan was not thought bad of until 2006 when the producers decided to attack the last movie as why brosnan had to go.

I was thinking of how dalton was saddled with the moniker of the guy who almost killed the bond franchise. Again pierce was a savior from the devil dalton to casual fans but the studio never attacked dalton the closest was the “were you expected if somebody else” teaser.

I’m thinking if this turkey flops and the take the soap opera too far Craig may be the guy who kill what the Cold War and war on terror couldn’t

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: I was thinking of how dalton was saddled with the moniker of the guy who almost killed the bond franchise. Again pierce was a savior from the devil dalton to casual fans but the studio never attacked dalton the closest was the “were you expected if somebody else” teaser.
Some people have interpreted the "9 years earlier" prologue in Goldeneye as an attempt to retcon Dalton out of the franchise. Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: I was thinking of how dalton was saddled with the moniker of the guy who almost killed the bond franchise. Again pierce was a savior from the devil dalton to casual fans but the studio never attacked dalton the closest was the “were you expected if somebody else” teaser.
Some people have interpreted the "9 years earlier" prologue in Goldeneye as an attempt to retcon Dalton out of the franchise. Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

True. I saw it as just telling the next story in the James Bond series,

By the reset logic if dalton had made the movie it would be a swipe at roger Moore. I don’t think Cubby thought he was erasing the time line.

In fact he couldn’t because of the lawsuit they had with that tabloid publishing that Timothy Dalton was fired as bond, cubby and dalton sued and won millions i don’t think they could come out as admitting they never intended to make another bond with dalton.
Cubby was also in a lawsuit to stop a bond tv series. Which is what supposedly stalled the next movie until after Danton’s contract ran out. It used to be a three year clause between the last movie and start of production on the new, bond had exclusivity rights and the actors kept their schedules clear if eon couldn’t get another movie in production in that time they were free to pursue other jobs. Brosnan, John Cleese Samantha bond Judi Dench kept their schedule open for bond 21, Craig said something about 2012 delay about he considered not coming back, this is also when they worked out an extension for two more movies long before skyfall was released, might even be pre production.

Going back to the tabloid it was partially correct as we found out decades later, the dalton movies were ending in the red, as were Moore’s, or at least the high water mark for Moore’s work long past by the time he retired, the home video and tv rights were slow to return the investment LTK didn’t make money until GE renewed interest in the series.
At the time the Financer’s of the movies didn’t want to waste time making another dalton movie and wanted brosnan. Even after Ge if TND flopped it would have ended the franchise there, in book around the tnd production mentions how nervous everyone was worried if the got it wrong the franchise would be over.

Kind of weird to look back at how worried cubby and saltzman were about the series’s continuing, saltzman parting ways after The man with the golden gun fearing the series was payed out, cubby fighting to keep rival series out of play and at the same revive the film series,
Babs literally fails her way through life not even doing half the work her father did to establish the series. She puts the series on hiatus her self and runs into production with no plans and have no finished scripts, situation cubby tried so hard to avoid.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bond film producers reportedly would like the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend the star-studded Los Angeles premiere of the latest James Bond film.-----who cares about these 2 losers? :Bonk:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Bond film producers reportedly would like the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend the star-studded Los Angeles premiere of the latest James Bond film.-----who cares about these 2 losers? :Bonk:
Low hanging fruit. Both are probably desperate for any kind of attention even at a covid filled theater.

Now prince harry had done bond premieres before, eon has liked to invite somebody from the royal family to attend the premiere, the royals usually do to seem in touch with the common man. And eon an American company seems endorsed by the British royals

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

My mom and I were out and about and saw an Aston Martin.Kinda surprising because we see other high end cars(you name ‘em the town they live in has ‘em)all the time but I think an Aston Martin is a first for me!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Now prince harry had done bond premieres before, eon has liked to invite somebody from the royal family to attend the premiere, the royals usually do to seem in touch with the common man. And eon an American company seems endorsed by the British royals
He quit the royal family, though, in the hope of escaping the media circus that hounded his mother to her death. Didn't quite work out, did it?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Now prince harry had done bond premieres before, eon has liked to invite somebody from the royal family to attend the premiere, the royals usually do to seem in touch with the common man. And eon an American company seems endorsed by the British royals
He quit the royal family, though, in the hope of escaping the media circus that hounded his mother to her death. Didn't quite work out, did it?

When you put it that way it’s ironic.
Harry seems stuck trying to please his wife who has Hollywood ambitions, so they have to suck up to media complex that killed his mother.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:My mom and I were out and about and saw an Aston Martin.Kinda surprising because we see other high end cars(you name ‘em the town they live in has ‘em)all the time but I think an Aston Martin is a first for me!
Never thought about it before. I’m not sure if I’ve seen a Aston Martin IRL, maybe a car museum, possibly.

Lamborghini, Ferrari, lotus, jaguars, deloreans,
Seen those driving the roads, but not Aston Martin

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 am
kater23 wrote:My mom and I were out and about and saw an Aston Martin.Kinda surprising because we see other high end cars(you name ‘em the town they live in has ‘em)all the time but I think an Aston Martin is a first for me!
Never thought about it before. I’m not sure if I’ve seen a Aston Martin IRL, maybe a car museum, possibly.

Lamborghini, Ferrari, lotus, jaguars, deloreans,
Seen those driving the roads, but not Aston Martin
I've seen a couple around the San Francisco Bay Area over the years, I actually got to drive one through a social club I once belonged to when they arranged test drives with a local dealer. I even saw the fugly DB10 from SPECTRE through that same club at their annual "Bond Party" and it is just as goofy in person. I think you don't see many Astons for two reasons, first they aren't very good cars, don't get me wrong, they are very nice but not worth the quarter million price tag. Second due to their strong association with Bond when you drive an Aston you look like a poser trying to play Bond, like our man-panty collecting friend Mr. Zaritsky of You Tube, if you're even noticed at all. So when you couple the fact they are overpriced with the negative association, you're better off spending that cash on something that attracts more attention and provides a better driving experience. Hence fewer on the road vs. other exotic brands.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant.com: The main reason Daniel Craig didn't want to be James Bond was the fame that comes with it. Instead of being an actor who could still be somewhat unknown, Craig knew that playing 007 would immediately make him one of the most recognizable people on the planet. He told GQ, "It was genuinely like, my life is going to get f***ed if I do this."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm Screenrant.com: The main reason Daniel Craig didn't want to be James Bond was the fame that comes with it. Instead of being an actor who could still be somewhat unknown, Craig knew that playing 007 would immediately make him one of the most recognizable people on the planet. He told GQ, "It was genuinely like, my life is going to get f***ed if I do this."
*world's smallest violin*
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

No fireworks(though my nephew has some sparklers he bought in Oregon which he’s going to bring over on Saturday) but there is going to be a partial eclipse! 🌕
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MI:7 due out in November 2021 cast:
Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt, an IMF agent and leader of a team of operatives.
Ving Rhames as Luther Stickell, an IMF agent, a member of Hunt's team and his closest friend.
Simon Pegg as Benji Dunn, an IMF technical field agent and a member of Hunt's team.
Rebecca Ferguson as Ilsa Faust, a former MI6 agent who allied with Hunt's team during Rogue Nation and Fallout.
Vanessa Kirby as Alanna Mitsopolis, a black market arms dealer also known as the White Widow. Daughter of "Max" from the first film.
Henry Czerny as Eugene Kittridge, the former director of IMF last seen in the first Mission: Impossible.
Esai Morales as the film's villain
Additionally Hayley Atwell, Pom Klementieff, and Shea Whigham have been cast in undisclosed roles.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy Fourth of July !!!

Strange times our local area canceled 4th fireworks,
last year they f’ed up with a couple of huge explosions setting off a couple of sets all at once. That was more exciting than most of the fireworks.
Still is always a good show especially for a nowhere town, always been a family event, almost festival like atmosphere as people gather in the park waiting for it to finally be dark enough to see the fireworks.