The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote:There's now a Funko Pop of Connery in Goldfinger: https://007store.com/products/pop-rides ... martin-db5

Not sure if they do one of TUBAPBS. It might be too difficult to tell it from the real thing.
*puts it on her Amazon Wish List* :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

If you work in front of a computer, one of the objects that you touch most in the day is certain to be your computer’s keyboard. However, how many times a month do you clean it? If you’re like most of us, the answer is practically never. According to a study by CBT Nuggets, computer keyboards, especially if they’re old, are filthy! They contain on average 20,500 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. To clean your computer’s keyboard, use a cotton swab that has been dipped in rubbing alcohol. Take care to ensure none of the alcohol gets into the holes, and make sure your keyboard is unplugged. You can also use compressed air to dislodge any encrusted dirt around the keys.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

You know I actually Clorox wipe just about everything. Especially if we are sick. PS & Xbox controllers, remotes, laptop keyboards, phones.
The advice above is for really old school keyboards. New keyboards are thin, battery powered, with almost no space to collect dirt underneath keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Recommended by the big "O" to disinfect your devices. :up:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Same stuff Hillary used to wipe her servers.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Doing your laundry seems harmless enough, right? Well, not so much. According to the Environmental Working Group, some brand-name liquid laundry detergent contains 1,4-dioxane, a chemical that could potentially be cancerous. In past research, animals exposed to the chemical had higher rates of liver tumors than those who didn’t, so it’s something to be weary of..............Are you keeping up with your oral hygiene? Brushing, flossing, and using non-alcohol mouthwash is essential to making your teeth happy — and if you skip out and don’t get them the attention they deserve, you could put yourself at risk of developing cancer. A January 2018 study found gum disease is associated with a 24 percent increase in both lung and colorectal cancer.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC is reviving American Idol in 2 weeks and now this comes out? 'Ryan Seacrest Accused of Sexual Abuse by Former ‘E! News’ Personal Stylist Suzie Hardy'. Hardy became Ryan Seacrest’s personal stylist for “E! News” in 2006. Ryan Seacrest has been accused of sexual abuse and harassment by former personal stylist Suzie Hardy in a new report from Variety. Hardy told the publication that while she served as Seacrest’s stylist on “E! News” from 2006 to 2013 she was subject to “years of unwanted sexual aggression.” Hardy alleges Seacrest rubbed his erect penis against her while wearing underwear and groped her vagina, among other unwanted physical harassment. When reached for comment by Variety, Seacrest denied Hardy’s allegations.............how will ABC handle this on their morning show Live With Kelly And Ryan as well?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image "Dreamer with Shotgun Threatens Rochester School: 'I’m Going to Shoot All Ya Bitches!'” Officials at a high school in upstate New York went into alert after receiving threats of a school shooting. Abigail Hernandez, 21, an illegal alien :hair: :hair: shielded from deportation :hair: :hair: under the Obama-era DACA program, was arrested last week after threatening to carry out a school shooting in Rochester, WJLA reports :!: :!: :!: According to the Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester renewed its sanctuary city status :hair: :hair: last month :!: :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new municipal ID designed primarily for illegal immigrants will be accepted in Chicago as a valid form of identification to register to vote :!: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: The CityKey will be a government-issued photo identification card available to all Chicago residents regardless of immigration status, criminal record, housing status, or gender identity, according to the city clerk’s website. State Board of Elections spokesman Matt Dietrich says the final call on what documents to accept rests with local officials.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Bond fans react to Cr-egg's new face :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've been hearing unconfirmed reports that Lewis Gilbert has died, aged 97. Nothing official as yet, but it seems plausible given his great age. RIP if true.

Edit: now confirmed by Screen International.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A California lawmaker has introduced a new bill that would make it illegal to distribute single-use straws to consumers at restaurants unless specifically requested. Ian Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California’s lower house, brought forth Assembly Bill 1884, citing environmental protection as a reason to discourage the use of “single use straws,” typically distributed with soft drinks, smoothies, and coffee, which are then disposed of after being used. “We need to create awareness around the issue of one-time use plastic straws and its detrimental effects on our landfills, waterways, and oceans,” Calderon stated in a media release. :hair:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

RIP Lewis Gilbert.

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I feel like a marathon of all three Gilbert Bond films (yes, even Moonraker), but sadly don't have the time.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

So what is actually happening with Bond 25?

I know many on Reddit haven’t trusted my sources over the last few years. But I’ve been right way more often than most. It’s important to understand that I’m getting this news second or third hand. I work in the film industry and know people tangentially connected to the world of Bond. Since the Danny Boyle news broke, I’ve been desperately trying to find out more, because I was operating under the assumption that Nolan would do it.

Here’s what I’ve found out (also it’s important to note that I’ve heard a lot of things over the last few days):

As I previously reported, Yann Demange has been working with Purvis & Wade on their draft. Demange never signed on and was only working on a speculative basis. Though as I understand, he pretty much thought he had the gig.

Eon were never wed to the Purvis & Wade script. It was just the most likely version of Bond 25 they’d make. They were still playing the field, hence the reason for never officially appointing Demange.

They met with numerous top-flight directors for their take. Chris Nolan was said to have met with Eon and there’s a good chance that whatever they spoke about could become Bond 26.

I’ve heard that other top directors have met with Eon but Danny Boyle was the only one to take the bait. There’s enough interest in his idea to hire John Hodge and move away from the Demange version.

People are falling over themselves as the Boyle news is very very recent. Apparently, Danny has only been working on the Hodge script for a week or so before this news broke.

Apparently, Demange has some seriously hurt feelings and there could be legal implications for Eon. The guy was turning down projects on the basis that he'd be spending next two years on Bond.

Demange had a deal to develop the picture. They aren't uncommon. It's a way of getting talent attached to a a picture, but it by no means confirms their involvement.

Demange had been working closely with Purvis and Wade on the script and Eon had done some extensive vetting on him. Especially since he's not that experienced a director. Demange's deal has been extended a number of times (imagine a temp being asked to stay a few extra weeks by the office manager). It's not exactly a sign of faith from Eon that he is "their director" as people fall out of these deals all the time.

I mean if I'm savvy to the fact that Demange was developing a script that someone else could potentially direct (or they would drop the screenplay all together), I'm sure he was aware what was happening.

in regards, to Boyle: I suspect he'll do it.

He had been working a period musical with Tim Bevan with Ewan McGregor attached. But that's likely on the backburner if Eon make him the offer. Boyle has been on a roll of late, so I'm not adverse to him tackling 007.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'I got word from someone close to EON this morning that the reason they never committed to the Purvis and Wade script and why production only just started on the Danny Boyle script is due to prior commitments. Supposedly, The Rhythm Section and Film Stars were the priority going into the new year. Bond 25 work only officially begins April. I presume this is when Eon go full-time on Bond. But the delays to The Rhythm Section have made Eon rethink hence why Danny was engaged at this late stage. I’d bet any money that had Eon not had this impromptu gap, we’d get the Yann Demange/Purvis & Wade film. Blame Blake Lively’s hand.'
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'To be honest, I genuinely thought Nolan would do it. I heard he met with Eon and was encouraged to have an original idea. I heard the idea was in development, so I suspected it was for Bond 25. But I've heard an equal amount of talk that Eon want to take a backseat moving forward and are looking for someone else to make the films. There was some loose talk amongst industry folk that could be Chris Nolan. But there is a fair degree of conjecture and guesswork involved in that assumption. I know Eon plans to move away from Bond after the next one.' :shock: As we predicted here, once Cr-egg was gone :!: Broccoli won't care that much about the franchise without the ugly duckling in the role :!: If true, and Nolan takes over the producing going forward, FBF will get his wish: No Broccoli and plenty of Nolan :!: :clap:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Imho they are not actually looking forward to making bond 25 Craig or no Craig.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"At the moment E! is still saying Seacrest is hosting on the red carpet at the Oscars. But many execs at NBC Universal [which owns E!] can't see how that can happen, especially after Page Six's piece today about the publicists planning to steer their talent away from Seacrest on the red carpet," the NBC source said. "There will be meetings about it today, and a decision could be made by the end of the day about what to do at the Oscars. It doesn't look good for Seacrest, even though he denies it and was cleared by an internal investigation."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Cr-egg reacts to doing 2 more Bond films :!: