The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Danny Boyle is making his musical, casting doubt on his involvement with Bond 25: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/jame ... ign=buffer
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:Danny Boyle is making his musical, casting doubt on his involvement with Bond 25: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/jame ... ign=buffer
This is so similar to the build up to Bond 21. Everyone assumed Pierce would be back, Q,M, & Moneypenny were losing work to keep their schedules open for Bond 21. Rumours of directors and script status abounded. Reality was EON were out of ideas, focusing their efforts on a spin off series when they did get back to work on Bond they scrapped 40 years of history they only recently celebrated.
If there is any truth about the Christopher Nolan rumour I do not believe EON has any reason to actually use Daniel again, Michael G Wilson always said the actor should leave after their best movie, ignoring the fact the actors, except in the case of Sean(who was done with 007 YOLT) and Roger (who stayed too long), are surely capable of better performances if EON would get their act in order.. However does anyone actually believe the sleepwalking throu the role Daniel has anything more to offer the series?

Besides Daniel looks like someone hexed him..
Witch one of us was it? ;)
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote: Besides Daniel looks like someone hexed him..
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Judt watching kingsman on TV. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it. You can see just how much Firth enjoyed himself.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Blowfeld wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Danny Boyle is making his musical, casting doubt on his involvement with Bond 25: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/jame ... ign=buffer
This is so similar to the build up to Bond 21. Everyone assumed Pierce would be back, Q,M, & Moneypenny were losing work to keep their schedules open for Bond 21. Rumours of directors and script status abounded. Reality was EON were out of ideas, focusing their efforts on a spin off series when they did get back to work on Bond they scrapped 40 years of history they only recently celebrated.
If there is any truth about the Christopher Nolan rumour I do not believe EON has any reason to actually use Daniel again, Michael G Wilson always said the actor should leave after their best movie, ignoring the fact the actors, except in the case of Sean(who was done with 007 YOLT) and Roger (who stayed too long), are surely capable of better performances if EON would get their act in order.. However does anyone actually believe the sleepwalking throu the role Daniel has anything more to offer the series?

Besides Daniel looks like someone hexed him..
If anything Craig will just be even more bored when the time comes to do Bond 25. He was a walking zombie already in that depressing crap back in 2015. And he's not going to get any better that's for sure.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg turns 50 today to go with his new face. :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wrestling icon and former Charlottean Ric Flair celebrated his 69th birthday this week, and one of his gifts was probably the last thing you’d imagine giving a famously loud-mouthed wrestler: Part ownership of a race horse. The horse’s name is Lost in Time and part ownership was presented by owner Scott Robinson during an event in Orlando, Florida, reported ProWrestlingSheet.com. “Today is Ric’s birthday, so…who would we be as a horse racing community if we didn’t get Ric Flair a birthday gift?” Robinson said during the presentation. “He’s got the best car, the best watch, the best clothes, the best of everything, but there’s one thing you don’t have Ric Flair. You don’t have the best horse. I do! But guess what? Ric Flair, my gift to you, you now own a piece of Lost in Time.” Flair stood nearby as the announcement was made and seemed to be speechless at first. “Oh my god, thank you,” said a stunned Flair said, before adding. “I’m holding you to that.” [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sunday is the Academy Awards and it will hosted by the new left-winger Jimmy Kimmel. Under/over: how many minutes into the show will it take for Kimmel to attack Trump? Under/Over 2 minutes: I predict under.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Don't know. Because of the time difference, the Oscars are on on the wee small hours of the morning here, so I won't be watching live.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s going to be political probably early on because of Kimmel, who has his own big #metoo problems. His whole career was built on sexiest comedy. Because he now uses his show to espouse left wing talking points the media and people in power are trying to ignore, he is a idiot who rarely gets any if his “facts” right and a guy who crossed the line of appropriate behavior with women too many times. The Last guy they should have hired to host in this atmosphere.

This year my guess is the oscars will take a moment to condemn Weinstein, forget about it’s 100 years of abusing young men and women, absolve themselves of any sin and move on to attack the “real bag guy”trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

But is there really a point to the oscars anymore? Hand picked art house films nobody cares about and mainstream films ignored. Although they might try to make a big deal about black panther next year.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] "I 'wanna' live in a world where Chris Rock no longer exists :!: "--------Screw Hollywood eternally :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From my Facebook timeline.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Breaking with tradition in the midst of an awards season that has come to colloquially become known as “the year of the woman,” the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has tapped four actresses to present this year’s lead acting awards at the 90th annual Oscars, Variety has learned. Jennifer Lawrence and Jodie Foster will announce the lead actress prize winner Sunday night, while Jane Fonda and Helen Mirren will present lead actor. On Thursday, it was announced that a moment has been carved out on the show for the Time’s Up organization, which launched a legal defense fund in January for those who have experienced sexual harassment, assault, or abuse in the workplace. -------between Trump bashing and women's grievances, the ratings on this liberal love fest should drop from previous years.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the audience would drop whatever they did. People just aren't as interested in those awards shows as they used to be. I'd hate to see the Oscars disappear altogether. I think they do give a boost to smaller, more offbeat movies that might otherwise be ignored by audiences. But the ceremony itself feels like a throwback to a bygone age, and not in a good way.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Oscars producers have promised that host Jimmy Kimmel's monologue won't be too political.

The 50-year-old TV star is set to host the Academy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, and although he's known for speaking out on issues such as health care and gun laws, producers of the ceremony have insisted his speech won't be "issue-oriented".

Producer Michael De Luca said: "His monologue, his humour is less issue-oriented for our purposes."

Michael even stated that the glitzy ceremony won't focus too heavily on the recent #MeToo and Time's Up movements - which were started after sexual harassment allegations surfaced involving several Hollywood executives, including Harvey Weinstein - although the topic will be addressed in some capacity. The producer's promise to keep politics largely off the cards comes after Jimmy himself claimed it was "almost necessary" to discuss political issues at the award ceremony.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

DGAF about the Oscars this year. Wanted to see one of the nominated movies but it was only showing once today,so..no.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think the awards meant more years ago. At least in my lifetime the ones who win is about political posturing. The fact someone like Weinstein could manipulate the system so completely shows how bankrupt the mean of winning is.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It only took "60 seconds" of the opening black and white voice over sequence by Kimmel to bash Trump, referencing his 'tweeting in the toilet'. Under/Over of 2 minutes was correct for UNDER.