The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The 'funny' cigarette to children can lead to addiction. Where are the long term use on brain health studies?
That's not the point, though. Alcohol and tobacco are at least as harmful as cannabis, but they're not illegal. America tried prohibition before, and we all know how well that went.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:The 'funny' cigarette to children can lead to addiction. Where are the long term use on brain health studies?
That's not the point, though. Alcohol and tobacco are at least as harmful as cannabis, but they're not illegal. America tried prohibition before, and we all know how well that went.
could say the same thing is happening now with thugs running drugs getting very rich.

The culture when I was young was pushing kids to “experiment” with drugs, wasn’t just pushers it was in the popular movies and tv, books, music. Culture Pushed sex too as if anyone had to interest teenagers who are always thinking about sex that they shout gets the pill and condoms and have fun.

People I grew up with that got on to drugs, some did ok in life maybe dabbling than hard use others lost initiative to try at life and the physical and mental health are damaged for life.
Biggest hurdle for most of kids growing up here is there are no big industry to hire us, small business, farms, ranches and the lucrative federal jobs, from parks to BIA and other agencies.
Once we hit high school it was a dead end educationally, the next step of higher education was prohibitive. The cost to tuition, the process of enrolling, process of being accepted, finding lodging, getting a vehicle, buying a computer and enough other necessities was beyond the reach of most families living at the near poverty.
Many would probably respond hey student loans take care of all of that, true but it also cripples people financially for the rest of there lives and a number of people have a aversion to signing themselves or children up for debt or taking a hand out.

Honestly too many kids in high school are tired of the education system so don’t care about dropping out. Even if they don’t drop out they hit a dead end because nothing in high school actually prepares us for finding a job or college really. IMO since the standard employable education has changed so should the state required education, don’t drop kids off at high school, keep the system going, Shepard them to at the very least beginning of collage.
This will never happen because higher education is a government supported industry based on student loans.

Out of drugs and education both hurt kids, both profit off kids, but education does a better job abandoning kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Dozens of celebrities silently protested sexual harassment, assault and abuse in the workplace by wearing black dresses and Time's Up pins to the 71st EE British Academy Film Awards at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Feb. 18. But a group of about 12 women from Sisters Uncut took things further when they stormed the red carpet to stage a much rowdier protest of their own, E! News reports, detailing how the group staged a political demonstration that led London police to get involved. Duchess Kate made headlines for failing to wear black to the annual event though other high-profile women -- including Angelina Jolie, Margot Robbie, Lupita Nyong'o, Saoirse Ronan and more A-listers -- did. Kate did, however, don a very dark green dress by designer Jenny Packham, which featured a black ribbon at the waist. The feminist protesters wore black and purple shirts that read "Times Up Theresa" -- a reference to British Prime Minister Teresa May and a bill she's pushing that's currently under consultation in Parliament.........it seems the UK has now become infected with the same nonsense going on here. Men are not the issue per se. It's powerful people in politics, the corporate world, the fashion industry and the entertainment field that are the majority of these cases. The real arguments should be directed at the millionaires in Hollywood themselves, where the laws of Sodom and Gomorrah seems to be the norm. This stuff rarely exists in the average family life and that is why this entire movement has now become a sham :!: Look at the idiotic immature girls giggling on the floor :!: :down: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Here's a list of all the BAFTAs Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool won:

Edit: I put a load of carriage returns at the end in the hope of leaving a large blank space, but Tapatalk stripped them out, which spoiled the effect somewhat.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I wonder if EON and others involved feel let down. Babs should realize how incompetent she is fumbling a easy awards promotion.

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

These feminists are given a bit too much voice. Have a problem with rape and sexual harassment? Take it to the court.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos wrote:Here's a list of all the BAFTAs Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool won:

Edit: I put a load of carriage returns at the end in the hope of leaving a large blank space, but Tapatalk stripped them out, which spoiled the effect somewhat.
On the other hand, the movie's U.S. box office went past the $500,000 mark this weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... erpool.htm
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Napoleon Solo wrote: On the other hand, the movie's U.S. box office went past the $500,000 mark this weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... erpool.htm
:yolo: :party: :yay: Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeelebrate good times, come on!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Adapted Screenplay:
"Call Me By Your Name," James Ivory *---Winner
"The Death Of Stalin," Armando Iannucci, Ian Martin, David Schneider
"Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool," Matt Greenhalgh
"Molly's Game," Aaron Sorkin
"Paddington 2," Simon Farnaby, Paul King-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Leading Actress:
Annette Bening, "Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool"
"Frances Mcdormand, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" ---Winner
Margot Robbie, "I, Tonya"
Sally Hawkins, "The Shape Of Water"
Saoirse Ronan, "Lady Bird"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leading Actor:
Daniel Day-Lewis, "Phantom Thread"
Daniel Kaluuya, "Get Out"
Gary Oldman, "Darkest Hour" ---Winner
Jamie Bell, "Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool"
Timothée Chalamet, "Call Me By Your Name"-------poor Annette----poor Jamie--------poor Matt------take those snubs Broccoli :!: :clap:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's made a whopping $2,052,925 worldwide, about 75% of which comes from the UK and Ireland (treated as a single territory for box office tracking purposes, just as the US and Canada are). Even its critical acclaim is not that impressive. It has a 78% Rotten Tomatoes rating, which is respectable, but nothing to get excited about. Most of the praise is for Annette Bening's performance, rather than the film itself.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Annette does not look too thrilled and this winner is a mess of a human being. She should play Stan Laurel in a future film.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] "Squeaky" voice chirps about her birdbrain film. Why hasn't she gone all in on #metoo? Could it be it's actually men that go to see the Bond films and she does not want to alienate them? :idea: The almighty buck stops there with Hollywood :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John P. Drake wrote:These feminists are given a bit too much voice. Have a problem with rape and sexual harassment? Take it to the court.
The actresses made millions in this supposed milieu of iniquity :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] "Squeaky" voice chirps about her birdbrain film. Why hasn't she gone all in on #metoo? Could it be it's actually men that go to see the Bond films and she does not want to alienate them? :idea: The almighty buck stops there with Hollywood :!:
Never trust this psychotic dictator. She may as well hire Barney as the next Bond.

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Saw Black panther, d**n good movie and the mattaniee was crowded, I think today will be a big BO day.

There is black nationalism or activism if you’d prefer but it’s all part of the story and if it shied away from it, it’d be the lesser for it.

Only complaint was Jordan B Creed was a walking stereotype of a mercenary.

Am I wrong, I thought the trailer had captain American and the line “get this man a shield”, or is that infinity wars ?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Saw Black panther, d**n good movie and the mattaniee was crowded, I think today will be a big BO day.

There is black nationalism or activism if you’d prefer but it’s all part of the story and if it shyer away from it, it’d be the lesser for it.

Only complaint was Jordan B Creed was a walking stereotype of a mercenary.

Am I wrong, I thought the trailer had captain American and the line “get this man a shield”, or is that infinity wars ?

Trailers often contain stuff that gets cut from the actual movie. The Greatest Showman trailer had a line where PT Barnum mentions showbusiness, Zac Efron says he's never heard of it, and Barnum replies "that's because I just invented it". Wasn't in the movie.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: Trailers often contain stuff that gets cut from the actual movie. The Greatest Showman trailer had a line where PT Barnum mentions showbusiness, Zac Efron says he's never heard of it, and Barnum replies "that's because I just invented it". Wasn't in the movie.
True , the clips of Andy Serkis in the trailers was not really representative at all.
But it must have been infinity war because marvel wouldn’t tease captain America then cut him out.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Last month it was reported that Marvel is developing a standalone movie focusing on Black Widow, the Avenger played by Scarlett Johansson, and that writer Jac Schaeffer had been hired to pen the script. Now Captain America star Chris Evans has seemingly confirmed that the film is in the works.