The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Image the wrong winner being called out. Everyone gave Steve Harvey hell when he did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But I heard it wasn't Warren Beatty's mistake. He was handed the wrong envelope to open.
it looks like you're right. It reminded me of Steve Harvey I didn't pay attention to how Harvey got it wrong . Beatty was given the wrong winners slip so it's not really his fault

............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The nearly four-hour ABC broadcast show got a 22.4/36 in metered market results. Hitting a "nine-year low" :Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :party: for the Tinseltown ceremony and down again for another consecutive year, that’s just over a 3% decline from what the Chris Rock-hosted and Spotlight Best Picture-winning 2016 Oscars snagged in early ratings.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm not as happy as you about the decline of the Oscars. I think that, at least in theory, they perform a valuable function in highlighting quality films that might otherwise get overlooked. That's why I utterly reject the argument that the way to make them more relevant is to give more awards to blockbusters - they don't exactly need the help.

That said, clearly something needs to change. The extreme length is one problem - how many have the patience to sit through the whole 4 hours? And Whilst I used to watch them when I lived in the States (over here, if you want to watch them live, you have to stay up till stupid o'clock in the morning). I was only really interested in the actual winners. The rest of it seemed like a cheesy 1970s variety show. It's easier to see the problems than the solutions, though.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Is anybody with Apple Macs experiencing issues typing in the forum reply boxes?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It is still no good.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:I'm not as happy as you about the decline of the Oscars. I think that, at least in theory, they perform a valuable function in highlighting quality films that might otherwise get overlooked. That's why I utterly reject the argument that the way to make them more relevant is to give more awards to blockbusters - they don't exactly need the help.

That said, clearly something needs to change. The extreme length is one problem - how many have the patience to sit through the whole 4 hours? And Whilst I used to watch them when I lived in the States (over here, if you want to watch them live, you have to stay up till stupid o'clock in the morning). I was only really interested in the actual winners. The rest of it seemed like a cheesy 1970s variety show. It's easier to see the problems than the solutions, though.
Moonlight? :shock:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Modest proposals to tweak the Oscars telecast. http://bit.ly/2mE0vPS
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Modest proposals to tweak the Oscars telecast. http://bit.ly/2mE0vPS
The in memoriam is insulting. I'd rather spend more time on memorializing these people who gave so much to the industry. So many people in recent years are barely acknowledged. Wasn't Ernest Borgnine's son upset by the glossing over of his fathers legacy?

We talked a few months ago about the billions of viewers claim. I think maybe they are jealous of the Super Bowl

Last edited by Omega on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The drop among younger viewers, however, was considerably larger: Sunday’s 9.1 rating represents a 13 percent drop from last year’s 10.5. It’s the lowest 18-49 rating for the show in more than "20 years." :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Moonlight? :shock:
Haven't seen it, can't comment.
Edit: I was talking in general terms, not specifically about this year's ceremony.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Back when the Oscars made sense.....

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When I deleted the top and bottom ads on this forum page I was able to type normally. That was it. :clap: Get rid of those type of ads. It screwed up typing in the reply box :!: You figured out the problem. :up:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:When I deleted the top and bottom ads on this forum page I was able to type normally. That was it. :clap: Get rid of those type of ads. It screwed up typing in the reply box :!: You figured out the problem. :up:
:party:
We don't have any input on the ads it is all automatic. I would guess it was either a bad unintentional code, or maybe Google was snookered by the Russians. If anyone is experiencing the same issues please let us know, I'll try to complain to the proper people.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Trump made the best speech of his career tonight :!: :clap: Even the liberal media networks were speechless. Even David Axelrod himself, the Oh-bama campaign chief, said it was very well done :!: President Donald Trump's first address to Congress received largely positive reviews from viewers, with 57% who tuned in saying they had a very positive reaction to the speech, according to a new CNN/ORC poll of speech-watchers. Nearly 7-in-10 who watched said the President's proposed policies would move the country in the right direction and almost two-thirds said the president has the right priorities for the country. Overall, about 7-in-10 said the speech made them feel more optimistic about the direction of the country. Pollster Frank Luntz asked his 21-member focus group how the president performed during his lengthy speech and "19 of the 21" individuals told Luntz that the speech was "better than expected." Luntz said that "nine of those individuals were Clinton voters". Now I want Broccoli to make her speech announcing that Cr-egg is gone and Aidan Turner is the new Bond :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Goldeneye wrote:
bjmdds wrote:When I deleted the top and bottom ads on this forum page I was able to type normally. That was it. :clap: Get rid of those type of ads. It screwed up typing in the reply box :!: You figured out the problem. :up:
We don't have any input on the ads it is all automatic. I would guess it was either a bad unintentional code, or maybe Google was snookered by the Russians. If anyone is experiencing the same issues please let us know, I'll try to complain to the proper people.
You own this website. You have no say on ad placement?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:
You own this website. You have no say on ad placement?
The ads are probably placed by a third party. I have created free websites in the past, and I can testify that you don't get editorial approval. It's not like running a magazine. You take what you are given.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Got to go to a taping of Jeopardy! yesterday-that was a lot of fun-you l get to go on the Sony Studios lot in Culver City!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Got to go to a taping of Jeopardy! yesterday-that was a lot of fun-you l get to go on the Sony Studios lot in Culver City!
Is it "What did kater23 do yesterday?"
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What is? Or What did? That show always confused me about the phrasing

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Fun fact:The episodes we saw filed today won't air 'till June(when we're in Europe!) thank goodness for DVRs :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: