The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: I agree I think he was in so much pain he couldn't see past it.

He made some good movies and seemed like a nice guy . Guess I have this reaction when so many places go overboard memorizing one man.
I don't think it was over the top. It was a 1-page statement from the White House press office, not carving his face into Mount Rushmore. I dislike grief "competitions", where people take pride in being the most upset by someone's death, but I haven't really seen that here.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

bjmdds wrote:"The Amazing Spider-Man' 3 & 4 is delayed and though "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" made good bank at over $700m on a $200m budget since April, the webslinger's box office pull has been declining since Sam Raimi closed the "Spider-Man" trilogy in 2007".............."Sony's Spider-plans appear to be faltering. The decision to alter release windows comes after a disappointing performance for the second movie in the "Amazing" series. With its cinema earning power almost wholly depleted, the film has grossed approximately $706 million at the global box office. The notion that a movie could earn that much money and still be considered an underperformer may be surprising, but it's symptomatic of the superhero arms race currently under way.

Some reports suggest that Amazing Spider-Man 2 cost as much as $455 million to produce and market, yet the film failed to match the approximately $758 million bar established by its less-expensive predecessor. It's also failed to match any of the films in the Sam Raimi-directed trilogy, a series that might have gone on to a lucrative fourth installment had it not been for a variety of creative and contractual disputes." (We knew this would happen with Garfield the cat in the lead.)
Sony has real problems. They are in the process of frantically sacrificing serious talent to save deadwood at the top.

No question Spider-man was mismanaged by Sony -leaving alone the question of casting and the decision to reboot. There is opinion floating around Sony mishandled Spider-man from the start, one of the most lucrative recognizable names might still be if it were managed by a company with a real game plan. Of course it looks easy when Marvel does it but it's not.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Hello Mazer :!: Have you been busy? Tobey's version was so much better than this Garfield trash. I hope they shelve the Spidey franchise now. $455 to produce and advertise a film like that with Garfield? What were they thinking? Batman needed rebooting. Spiderman did NOT. Tobey had 2 more good films in him and his chemistry with MJ was perfect, not like this rotten unncecessary reincarnated version. 2018 for the Non-Amazing Spiderman? I think not with Garfield. Your opinion of the success of the Superman sequel with "Afflucked" in it Mazer? I predict another bomb in the making, all front loaded out of curiosity the first 2 weeks, then a massive drop off. It's been moved 3 times already. The Avengers 2 should top the first one. That looks HUGE :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pierce Brosnan Has A License To Kill In Trailer For The November Man: Jordan Adler (wegotthiscovered.com): Since he finished playing James Bond twelve years ago, Pierce Brosnan has tried his hand in a variety of genres, from comedy (The Matador) to musical (Mamma Mia!). However, as the trope of older action heroes kicking major amounts of butt has become the bread and butter of stars like Liam Neeson, Brosnan has avoided roles that remind us of 007. Now, however, the 61-year-old actor hopes to rekindle the flame of Bond for the new thriller The November Man, which comes out on Wednesday, August 27. While the plot synopsis is generic, Brosnan is a major catch for a grizzled, gritty role like this one. Save for his cameo in last summer’s The World’s End, he has not been associated with many action parts over the last decade. Based on this trailer, he fits comfortably in the role and his gravitas as an actor and action star could elevate a rote storyline. So, if you want a taste of James Bond as you await details about the upcoming 007 installment, The November Man should be good entertainment. The only concern I have is that the trailer has reached the Internet a mere five weeks before the release date, which is rarely a sign of studio confidence. However, the last Wednesday in August is a big release date for more sophisticated thrillers, to leave a nice taste at the end of a summer full of blockbuster behemoths. The November Man does look a bit more frenetic than other late-summer releases like The Debt and Closed Circuit, and could be a nice hit to close out the season. Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: I agree I think he was in so much pain he couldn't see past it.

He made some good movies and seemed like a nice guy . Guess I have this reaction when so many places go overboard memorizing one man.
I don't think it was over the top. It was a 1-page statement from the White House press office, not carving his face into Mount Rushmore. I dislike grief "competitions", where people take pride in being the most upset by someone's death, but I haven't really seen that here.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
you're probably right. Id like to see the office of president honor the soldiers and every day folks. It's not a bad thing to give a nod to Williams. I think any president would of done it, and I'd be like dude the suicide rate in the armed forces is sky rocketing let's talk about that or people dying on the boarder or having their lives sweet away by storms.

Seeing so many places talking about nonstop tends to make me want to do the opposite. Probably why I'm here.
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Pierce Brosnan Has A License To Kill In Trailer For The November Man: Jordan Adler (wegotthiscovered.com): Since he finished playing James Bond twelve years ago, Pierce Brosnan has tried his hand in a variety of genres, from comedy (The Matador) to musical (Mamma Mia!). However, as the trope of older action heroes kicking major amounts of butt has become the bread and butter of stars like Liam Neeson, Brosnan has avoided roles that remind us of 007. Now, however, the 61-year-old actor hopes to rekindle the flame of Bond for the new thriller The November Man, which comes out on Wednesday, August 27. While the plot synopsis is generic, Brosnan is a major catch for a grizzled, gritty role like this one. Save for his cameo in last summer’s The World’s End, he has not been associated with many action parts over the last decade. Based on this trailer, he fits comfortably in the role and his gravitas as an actor and action star could elevate a rote storyline. So, if you want a taste of James Bond as you await details about the upcoming 007 installment, The November Man should be good entertainment. The only concern I have is that the trailer has reached the Internet a mere five weeks before the release date, which is rarely a sign of studio confidence. However, the last Wednesday in August is a big release date for more sophisticated thrillers, to leave a nice taste at the end of a summer full of blockbuster behemoths. The November Man does look a bit more frenetic than other late-summer releases like The Debt and Closed Circuit, and could be a nice hit to close out the season. Image
NM looks nothing like Bond which is good. Keep fingers crossed for it to become the BB of Pierce's career.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Two more weeks to go FBF :!: It's finallly arrived and it is in full promo mode now. Spread the word in your area to get those tickets sold in California :!:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I'm sure NM's reviews would better than those of Pierce's last 3 Bonds. As for being better than GE's, I hope it does.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:"The Amazing Spider-Man' 3 & 4 is delayed and though "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" made good bank at over $700m on a $200m budget since April, the webslinger's box office pull has been declining since Sam Raimi closed the "Spider-Man" trilogy in 2007".............."Sony's Spider-plans appear to be faltering. The decision to alter release windows comes after a disappointing performance for the second movie in the "Amazing" series. With its cinema earning power almost wholly depleted, the film has grossed approximately $706 million at the global box office. The notion that a movie could earn that much money and still be considered an underperformer may be surprising, but it's symptomatic of the superhero arms race currently under way.

Some reports suggest that Amazing Spider-Man 2 cost as much as $455 million to produce and market, yet the film failed to match the approximately $758 million bar established by its less-expensive predecessor. It's also failed to match any of the films in the Sam Raimi-directed trilogy, a series that might have gone on to a lucrative fourth installment had it not been for a variety of creative and contractual disputes." (We knew this would happen with Garfield the cat in the lead.)
How about this the $46 million from China that us part of $708 million total they will never see a dime of. Not if what I've read is true.

I've watched a little of spiderman 2 what I saw was not bad . Once I see the whole movie I'll know if it deserved to fail.
would complain about it but the two I wanted sequels (dredd and pacific rim) look like it might happen.

So go on making movies that Lose money its alright as long as they are movies I like ;) /end of hypocritical passing of judgment.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Susan Schneider, the wife of Robin Williams, has disclosed that her late husband had early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death earlier this week.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I heard that. makes the situation a little clearer.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Rumors have been flying for some time that Harrison Ford wouldn't be returning for Indiana Jones 5-but a new report seems to hint that the 72-year-old actor would be back for a fifth film, but wouldn't come back for a sixth. According to American Live Wire, Disney may not be looking to replace Ford for the much-speculated eventual film, but could instead have him pass the torch to a new actor for a sixth film and beyond. Citing the fact that the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII will likely be the last time Ford wears his Han Solo costume, the website goes on to speculate that Indy 5 would be the last time he dons the fedora and whip as well. Is Chris Pratt Taking Over As 'Indiana Jones?'
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I haven't looked at them yet, but we have the first reviews coming in for NM.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

FormerBondFan wrote:I haven't looked at them yet, but we have the first reviews coming in for NM.
What is the verdict FBF?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

I've read some November Man reviews and they seem to be a bit sniffy, attacking it because it is a spy/action film. Of course when Daniel Craig does the same thing every three years his film is regarded as one of the greatest films ever made.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Most of them on RT are bad, I've seen two so far that are a little more balanced. Even the bad ones highlighted something they liked.
As you said they seem to criticize it for being a spy/action film. Which is what they do for Taken and expendables. It's a low budget spy movie sounds like they did good for locations and maybe action all done for less than Bond spends on opening credits.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Rumors have been flying for some time that Harrison Ford wouldn't be returning for Indiana Jones 5-but a new report seems to hint that the 72-year-old actor would be back for a fifth film, but wouldn't come back for a sixth. According to American Live Wire, Disney may not be looking to replace Ford for the much-speculated eventual film, but could instead have him pass the torch to a new actor for a sixth film and beyond. Citing the fact that the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII will likely be the last time Ford wears his Han Solo costume, the website goes on to speculate that Indy 5 would be the last time he dons the fedora and whip as well. Is Chris Pratt Taking Over As 'Indiana Jones?'
Indy 5 . I'm not It sure it or rebooting it is a good idea.
Unless they kill solo or the rest we don't know what is planned for Star Wars. Of course the younger actors are going to be on screen more
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Most of them on RT are bad, I've seen two so far that are a little more balanced. Even the bad ones highlighted something they liked.
As you said they seem to criticize it for being a spy/action film. Which is what they do for Taken and expendables. It's a low budget spy movie sounds like they did good for locations and maybe action all done for less than Bond spends on opening credits.
Pierce deserves a better than this. When would GE ever be topped in terms of reviews as far as Pierce's action films (or even entire career) are concerned?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe Broccoli got to them............ "Empty posturing is the only thing the film proves to be a real pro at, so unless what you’re after is a spy thriller that feels more like make-believe than usual, you’ll be left wishing The November Man and its star had stayed in retirement." http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/nove ... w/#!bD11yg