The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

A blind item from the celebrity rumor site Crazy Days and Nights states that Tom Cruise was in talks to star as the lead Green Lantern, but with one major caveat. The rumor states that the character was going to be killed off in the script, but that Cruise would not take the role unless that was changed. The item originally ran in March of this year without Cruise's name or without Green Lantern mentioned, and now the site just revealed that information.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Never heard of this site. How credible is it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just found the series bible for the classic '60s spy show Callan, which starred Edward Woodward, online: http://leethomson.myzen.co.uk/Misc_Bibl ... _Bible.pdf
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The rumor has a bit more weight to it given the fact that DC is reportedly eyeing Mission Impossible director Christopher McQuarrie as the director for the Green Lantern movie, and McQuarrie is known for frequently collaborating with Cruise. Of course, all of this Tom Cruise talk is still only a rumor at this point. Earlier this week, it was also reported that Justice League producers were heavily considering Mark Wahlberg to play Green Lantern, so Cruise is not the only A-list actor with his name in DC's ear right now. But with Green Lantern Corps currently in development, fans should expect to get the big casting news sometime pretty soon. The movie that will introduce Green Lantern into the DCEU, Green Lantern Corps, will actually star multiple Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner), but the Hal Jordan role is the lead. The movie is currently slated to premiere on July 24, 2020. Cruise would also have a bit of a burden in reviving the Green Lantern character, after movie fans so recently saw Ryan Reynolds play a live-action Hal Jordan in 2011's Green Lantern, which was widely panned. Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brosnan does notice one stark difference between him and Craig's portrayal: the humor. Here's what he said: "There had to be humor, I felt. It is different now. They had strong competition and they haven't reinvented it but given it a much more muscular, dynamic twist. When I played him you have to let the audience in that this is a fantastic joke -- this man, jumping off a motorcycle and catching up a plane, is completely preposterous. But for me you had to let them in."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Green lantern? Really ? They haven’t even found out if aquaman can swim yet and they want to revisit the the movie bad enough Ryan Reynolds makes fun of himself for taking the role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Green lantern? Really ? They haven’t even found out if aquaman can swim yet and they want to revisit the the movie bad enough Ryan Reynolds makes fun of himself for taking the role.

They probably want to try and do it right. If they manage it, it could be the difference between the Stallone and Urban Dredd movies.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From the Gallifrey Base forum James Bond thread, the biggest non-Bond films starring Bond actors (though George is missing). Look who comes out on top!

Connery - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ($474m worldwide in 1989)

Moore - The Cannonball Run ($72m US domestic in 1981)

Dalton - Toy Story 3 ($1,067m worldwide in 2010)

Brosnan - Mamma Mia ($609m worldwide in 2008)

Craig - The Adventures of Tintin ($374m worldwide in 2011)

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:Green lantern? Really ? They haven’t even found out if aquaman can swim yet and they want to revisit the the movie bad enough Ryan Reynolds makes fun of himself for taking the role.

I guess he's at least happy he's taken it because that's how he met Blake :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just saw MI:6. Save your money :!: It is a ridiculous non-stop action film, with a 'sequel' plot to MI:5, with outlandish over-the-top sequences that are out of the realm of reality to such an extent I could not wait for the film to be over :!: A good occurrence was
Spoiler
the removal of Alec Baldwin
from the future franchise :!: :clap: The plot was nothing new and I enjoyed MI:4 and MI:5 much better. Cavill is NOT Bond as well.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:

I guess he's at least happy he's taken it because that's how he met Blake :lol:
I forgot about that, but dc did distance themselves fast from that movie, faster than the distanced themselves from justice league. I think they went to another universe to explain why there was no green lantern in future dc movies and in Deadpool Reynolds make fun of himself in both movies for taking the role, maybe he has to since those movies are about involving what the audience is thinking and saying it

Now Blake is Babs favorite bond, she has invested more effort in the yet to be finished female spy movie than anything bond related Babs has ever done

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:I just saw MI:6. Save your money :!: It is a ridiculous non-stop action film, with a 'sequel' plot to MI:5, with outlandish over-the-top sequences that are out of the realm of reality to such an extent I could not wait for the film to be over :!: A good occurrence was
Spoiler
the removal of Alec Baldwin
from the future franchise :!: :clap: The plot was nothing new and I enjoyed MI:4 and MI:5 much better. Cavill is NOT Bond as well.
I didn’t want to say this in the cavill bond picture, which was well done btw, but someone I know thinks cavill is so good in the MI role precisely because in real life he is not a nice guy and when he try’s to play nice guys he’s just not as good and when he’s more himself. My friend likes cavill a lot but in trying to figure out why he is better in certain roles going to rumored incidents she concluded he’s a jerk IRL.

But bj what the hell were you expecting from this MI.
The action and story were fast paced and close to bond stories several times. I know they never captured the spirit and adventure of the 1960s show and the movies shouldn’t be about one man out instead of the team. But I don’t know what there is to hate about the last two movies. As I said before those movies are well made, kind of what babas and Daniel like to imagine they did for bond.
Hell mi rogue nation ripped off the car wreck scene from CR the novel better than any bond movie has been able to accomplish, the female assassin was better done as well

Btw that actor you mention had to be written out because he became too toxic for the franchise to keep around.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, the plot was a tedious continuation of MI:5, which I enjoyed, but the non-stop ridiculous action was the movie, with the plot secondary. Do you think that person was removed from the franchise due to politics? That person did not belong in the franchise any way.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Big O, the plot was a tedious continuation of MI:5, which I enjoyed, but the non-stop ridiculous action was the movie, with the plot secondary. Do you think that person was removed from the franchise due to politics? That person did not belong in the franchise any way.
Probably not. I think his crazy level went too high since the last mi so they gave him a easy exit

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Big O, the plot was a tedious continuation of MI:5, which I enjoyed, but the non-stop ridiculous action was the movie, with the plot secondary. Do you think that person was removed from the franchise due to politics? That person did not belong in the franchise any way.
Probably not. I think his crazy level went too high since the last mi so they gave him a easy exit

He was probably too busy devoting too much time to that crummy president impression he does every Saturday Night!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Before the snl gig he lost his capital one gig. The political crazy won’t kill him in Hollywood it was his homophobia and racist rants

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

For those who have seen MI6, how did Vanessa Kirby do with her role? She was magnificent as Margaret in The Crown and if she is half as good in MI6 then she's terrific.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:For those who have seen MI6, how did Vanessa Kirby do with her role? She was magnificent as Margaret in The Crown and if she is half as good in MI6 then she's terrific.
She has mesmerizing eyes. Other than that, I found her character robotic and forgettable.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Actress Asia Argento, one of the more prominent voices to accuse now-disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, was accused by child star Jimmy Bennett of setting up a sexual encounter with him in California when he was 17 – below the age of consent in that state – and she was 37 :!: :shock: The New York Times reported, citing court documents, that the actress and former girlfriend of the late Anthony Bourdain paid roughly $380,000 :hair: to Bennett after he confronted her regarding an alleged sexual encounter that took place in 2013 in a California hotel room. The legal age of consent in California is 18. Argento was among the first women to accuse now disgraced movie mogul Weinstein of sexual misconduct and has been a 'leading figure in the #MeToo movement.' :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:For those who have seen MI6, how did Vanessa Kirby do with her role? She was magnificent as Margaret in The Crown and if she is half as good in MI6 then she's terrific.
she was in mi fallout. Weird role but seemed to suit her and very bondish role I thought.