The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Tomatometer: 39% ----the critics skewered it :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] EPIC LOVE STORY? :!: :hair:

3 years in the making? At least according to senile old MGW, is he counting the negotiations between them and Boyle before he initially signed on? By my count this film barely has a year under it's belt, I mean they were still writing this travesty while they shot and hadn't even bothered to come up with a title until a few months ago, hell Craig wasn't even confirmed as coming back until mid 2017!

Now I know what the G. in MGW stands for, gaslight!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Billie Eilish, who was confirmed to be recording the new James Bond theme earlier this month, has been listed as a performer at next month's Oscars :!: I wonder what song the shy one will perform :?: Broccoli will have her debut the Bond song now so she can be nominated for it in 2021. [video][/video] This will be better than the 'depressed' one's version :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

HORRIFIC reviews for Broccoli"s The Rhythm Section :!: :down: Tomatometer has dropped to an abysmal 28% :!: The payoffs did not work. Bomb city on this one gang with No Time To Die up next to evaluate.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

She didn’t put much in to rhythm section. I doubt the usual payola bond tactics were used.
Babs is not a master film maker, neither were cubby and saltzman but they stole from some of the best filmmakers of the 50s and 60s put those techniques into bond and were smart enough not to try to claim they were award winning film makers.

Babs turn at the wheel and it’s nothing but I’m a serious artist making serious films. With bond the brand kept selling despite poor product, used to be the rule in Hollywood, not anymore , but bond has been away for 5 years it may or may not apply to them.

Rhythm section is a probably upper tier of eon production a Babs special and it’ll be half assed as usual, with out a iconic history to play against I think the best it can do is mediocre if it over preforms and most likely flop as a mess of a film. Another delayed, mess of a production. Which is what Babs is actually capable of, when bond production isn’t a mess it’s the team the director calls in cleaning it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Today Britain officially left the European Union.

Here is the Union Flag being removed from the European Parliament building.

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Today Britain officially left the European Union.

Here is the Union Flag being removed from the European Parliament building.

[video][/video]
I am amazed this actually happened. A lot of money and political power tried to stop it. After the election there was a immediate push to try to nullify the results.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now London needs a new mayor as well :!: The 2020 London mayoral election will be held on 7 May 2020.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Paramount and EON's The Rhythm Section, an action-thriller starring Blake Lively, that Paramount acquired the rights to for $30 million, is anticipating a three-day performance around a paltry and embarrassing $4-7 million this weekend :!: This lines up with tracking despite the fact it's opening in over 3,000 locations :!: :ROFL: No Time To Die awaits :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Yeah it’s opening rear low. It has all the tell signs of being a flop, especially when a studio buys out a production company’s rights

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Paramount's The Rhythm Section brought in an estimated $1.15 million on Friday, and is expected to finish with just $3 million for the weekend :!: Broccoli, you've done it again :!: :ROFL: Opening in 3049 theatres, buying the rights for $30million, and this is the result they get? Blake Lively as a lead? :down:-------------Forbes.com: Scott Mendelson: No matter, with a much-delayed release (partially due Lively’s on-set injury) and no buzz, the $1.155 million Friday and likely $2.9 million opening weekend gross is sadly unsurprising. Hollywood gave us what we claim to want and none of us showed up. The film is not a thrill-a-minute action-adventure movie. Its emphasis is on character, specially its lead character’s passion play, as opposed to trailer-friendly action beats and gif-friendly empowerment moments. The movie subverts the “strong, bad ass female character” cliché by presenting a wannabee female action hero who is, even to the end, not terribly good at the whole “kicking ass and saving the day” thing. This is a case of the very thing that makes a movie interesting and unique also rendering it less commercially viable. Nonetheless, EON spent $50 million on an R-rated, female-led spy actioner and nobody showed up. Doubly ironic, Lively’s action hero movie played far worse than her romantic drama (The Age of Adaline), her survivalist horror flick (The Shallows) and her unapologetically trashy beach/airport read (A Simple Favor).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

$2.9 million estimates, news reporting it as tanking poor paramount is getting the blame instead of babs

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Too add to it paramount buying the rights for $30 million is considered a steal, studios do this kind of thing, buying up a finished production, for less than it cost to make when the production companies who make them are in trouble . If they are lucky they have a surprise hit if not it’s normally close to break even by the end of run and home video

Babs lost money to cut this film lose. And the spin about audiences turning or not responding to what they should want because it’s a female driven film is crap. We can point to many blockbuster staring women.

It’s just a bad movie

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gal Gadot is the BEST casting for a superhero I have ever seen :!: She exudes excitement in every action scene and is easy on the eyes as well. I LOVE her in the role of Wonder Woman :!: :up:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We got our no time to die super bowl ad, looks like eon could only afford 30 seconds

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] [video][/video] We showed this exact glider scene years ago with Cavill doing the Dunhill commercial :!: They ripped off his commercial :!:--------Malik IS Dr. No :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:We got our no time to die super bowl ad, looks like eon could only afford 30 seconds

$5.6 million fee for it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sad news via Caroline Munro's official Facebook page: her husband George passed away on 14th January.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Well gang, Broccoli made history this weekend, and NOT in a good way :!: HER Rhythm Section film had the WORST opening EVER for a film debuting in over 3,000 locations :!: It could not happen to nicer person than Barbara. :ROFL: :yay: It might be pulled now and go straight to the trash heap :!: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/wor ... f_=bo_at_a
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The film had the backing of James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson of Eon, who reacted to the poor box office by trying to find the silver lining.

“We are obviously disappointed with the box office,” the Eon producers said to Deadline, “but we’re proud of Reed and our movie and the overwhelmingly positive reaction to Blake’s performance.” :lol:----Lipstick on a pig scenario :!: