The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

I saw that..yikes. If we cancelled stuff every time something went wrong though..
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:10 pm I saw that..yikes. If we cancelled stuff every time something went wrong though..
Exactly. You can't live in a bubble.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image What was.....what should have been....what still could be.....
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

About the casting rumors , I believe Babs has done nothing and plans to do nothing.
But that so many with behind the screen knowledge some forward to reassure everyone nobody is cast and no body is being looked at for the job. Babs is stuck in the 1970 mode of or management , where news papers and magazines are all the day. So could have no franchise to revitalize the rate things are going.
At one point a long time ago bond set standard, and a venture movie, spy, movies, and thrillers in general. And it’s been a long long time since they’ve revisited that or been a capable of it.
Babs follows whatever popular trashy things will get her praise, she has no idea how to lead and now she has to have fresh ideas on her own for the first time ever . Amazon might as well keep making more lord of the rings spin offs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The first general release film to feature a post-credits scene is The Silencers, released in March 1966. The scene depicts lead character Matt Helm (played by Dean Martin) lying shirtless on what appears to be a rotating sofa along with 10 scantily-clad women. He kisses two women before rubbing his face and muttering, "Oh my god." During the scene, text overlays reads "Coming Up Next" and "Matt Helm Meets Lovey Kravezit."--------so it was the Matt Helm films that set this standard. Interesting from 57 years ago.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon May 08, 2023 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:12 pm About the casting rumors , I believe Babs has done nothing and plans to do nothing.
But that so many with behind the screen knowledge some forward to reassure everyone nobody is cast and no body is being looked at for the job. Babs is stuck in the 1970 mode of or management , where news papers and magazines are all the day. So could have no franchise to revitalize the rate things are going.
At one point a long time ago bond set standard, and a venture movie, spy, movies, and thrillers in general. And it’s been a long long time since they’ve revisited that or been a capable of it.
Babs follows whatever popular trashy things will get her praise, she has no idea how to lead and now she has to have fresh ideas on her own for the first time ever . Amazon might as well keep making more lord of the rings spin offs

Big O, she is deliberately dragging her feet because it looks like she has no intention of producing another Bond film. She killed off Cr-egg and her Bond days seem behind her. Maybe she wants Amazon to realize that there is nothing they can do going forward with the franchise and that it should end with the last film. It is inexcusable what she has done and is still doing to her father's franchise and MGW just sits back and lets her waste Amazon's time. I loathe this loser.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Go to the 2:40 mark. Broccoli states exactly why nothing will be done going forward:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, nothing will get done now anyway, because of the writers' strike. At least we'll be spared another QOS.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Pierce Brosnan's art exhibition, So Many Dreams, opens on Sunday at 434 N. La Brea, Los Angeles, CA, for one week only.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“Understand this, James Bond has a license to kill. I would issue that license to Idris Elba just based on the work that I’ve seen him do,” Tom Hanks told BBC News.............Hanks, understand this....you obviously are catering to the 'woke' mob as an overrated actor whose opinion is meaningless!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

There was a post on my Facebook feed about Pierce’s son Paris graduating from Loyola Marymount . Very smart, and got good grades, obviously!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:42 pm “Understand this, James Bond has a license to kill. I would issue that license to Idris Elba just based on the work that I’ve seen him do,” Tom Hanks told BBC News.............Hanks, understand this....you obviously are catering to the 'woke' mob as an overrated actor whose opinion is meaningless!
Plus, Idris has repeatedly said that he doesn't want to do it.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If they leave a vacuum of who is bond people are going to name who they like the best out of the published choices even if Babs hadn’t thought about bond since 2019.

Bond franchise is back to 1990 with uncertainty there will be another movie. Financially studio is sound. They have a distribution agreement. The production company isn’t ready for day one and has no plans for screenplays or casting.

I’m not sure just announcing a recast will restart the stalled franchise. Even casting rumors are really to promote the clients of the agents who spam the online betting sites for pr.

Just announcing like the did Craig and brosnan all those years ago I don’t think will rekindle the franchise, I think other streaming series, movies, and other movie franchises have captured the current audiences imagination. Bond does have roots in the culture, but there’s fresh growth everywhere else. the generation that was Barbara’s built in audience is growing older, and the newer generation was never actually brought in, despite the promises that Craig was reaching a new generation , the movie demographics show it was the same generation watching Craig that watched brosnan . With the exception of England and Germany the audience shrunk and screwed older than marvel or other strong franchises.

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Spike Lee's favourite films. Connery's Bond films are there en bloc, and there's even a sly dig at Craig:

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/spike ... nery-1962/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ATJ with his mother, er, wife strolling together: Image This guy would be an abomination as an ambassador for the franchise.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

......and this guy is too old for the role now? Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:......and this guy is too old for the role now? Image
He will be, by the time Bond 26 finally starts shooting. So will all the other front-runners. If you want to see the next Bond, start looking at commercials for Pampers or Huggies.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:40 pm Spike Lee's favourite films. Connery's Bond films are there en bloc, and there's even a sly dig at Craig:

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/spike ... nery-1962/

Love Spike Lee. Already had a positive opinion of him but this clinched it! :D
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I actually feel like Aaron Taylor Johnson could be... fine with the right look and style. Not my top pick by any stretch of imagination but not the worst either.

Austin Butler expressed his desire to play James Bond all the way back in 2012, apparently.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica has returned!