The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Sorry kris.
There’s a guy from work undergoing cancer treatment drs are hyper concerned about everything he comes in contact with, his immune system is about nonexistent after some of the treatments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Sorry kris.
There’s a guy from work undergoing cancer treatment drs are hyper concerned about everything he comes in contact with, his immune system is about nonexistent after some of the treatments.

That's why it bugs me when conspiracy theory types go on about "those people died with covid, not of it", as if there can only be one cause of death, and nothing else is connected.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

These virologists here and in China since 2013 were experimenting to see if they could enhance the contagious effects of bat corona viruses and were funded to do so, for whatever sick reasons. Fauci was involved at the inception of this. Why even think of such a thing?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about....
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros./Legendary’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” is providing some reasons for hope in Hollywood, as the film opened in 38 countries this weekend ahead of its U.S. release next Friday and earned a strong $121.8 million opening, including $70.3 million in China. In both China and across the dozens of markets getting the film this weekend — which includes Mexico, Australia, South Korea, Russia and India — “Godzilla vs. Kong” is performing 11% ahead of its 2019 predecessor “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” and consistently with the 2017 film “Kong: Skull Island.” In China, “King of the Monsters” earned a $66.7 million opening while “Skull Island” earned a $71.6 million opening.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center. Two-thirds of epidemiologists from leading academic institutions say the world will need new or modified vaccines for COVID-19 within a year, :shock: new research shows. In a survey of 77 epidemiologists from 28 countries by the People's Vaccine Alliance, 66.2% predicted the world has a year or less before variants make current vaccines ineffective. The People's Vaccine Alliance is a coalition of more than 50 organizations including African Alliance, Oxfam, Public Citizen, and UNAIDS. Almost a third (32.5%) of those surveyed said ineffectiveness would happen in 9 months or less; 18.2% said 6 months or less.-----keeping the world on a perpetual vaccine watch is what these organizations want.---------9 months?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

People have been saying for a long time that the Covid jab will probably become an annual thing like the flu jab. I suspect someone will come up with a combination vaccine that protects against both.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Getting the second shot Monday. Would be happy if they combined the flu and annual ‘Rona shot.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like Godzilla vs Kong isn't getting a UK cinema release It's available to stream, but I wanted to see it on the biggest screen possible.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It looks like Broccoli has finally considered selling EON to MGM :!: :clap:
Spoiler
APRIL FOOL'S :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“Godzilla vs. Kong” debuted in U.S. cinemas on Wednesday and nabbed a sizable $9.6 million, marking the best opening day total of the coronavirus era. The monster mashup — from Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment — has the added benefit of playing in more theaters than any other movie that has been released during the pandemic. “Godzilla vs. Kong” screened in 2,409 venues on Wednesday and will expand to 3,064 locations by Friday. The film — which cost $165 million to produce — secured an “A” CinemaScore from audiences, a reception that could bode well for its big-screen run.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:46 am “Godzilla vs. Kong” debuted in U.S. cinemas on Wednesday and nabbed a sizable $9.6 million, marking the best opening day total of the coronavirus era. The monster mashup — from Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment — has the added benefit of playing in more theaters than any other movie that has been released during the pandemic. “Godzilla vs. Kong” screened in 2,409 venues on Wednesday and will expand to 3,064 locations by Friday. The film — which cost $165 million to produce — secured an “A” CinemaScore from audiences, a reception that could bode well for its big-screen run.
All right, don't rub it in.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The VA is offering Vets and now close family covid shots I forgot which vaccine it was

dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:00 pm It looks like Broccoli has finally considered selling EON to MGM :!: :clap:
Spoiler
The real April fool's joke would be if she actually did sell, as much as I disagree with the direction the series has gone, to think some corporate suit or anyone else in this day and age would do anything better is borderline delusional. Remember how everyone cheered when George Lucas sold Star Wars?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:00 pm It looks like Broccoli has finally considered selling EON to MGM :!: :clap:
Spoiler
The real April fool's joke would be if she actually did sell, as much as I disagree with the direction the series has gone, to think some corporate suit or anyone else in this day and age would do anything better is borderline delusional. Remember how everyone cheered when George Lucas sold Star Wars?
And as I keep saying, you can't ignore the fact that Skyfall, as dismal as it was, is the highest-grossing Bond film in history, even adjusted for inflation. Even if Babbzy were to sell, the buyer will still have to give audiences what they want, which appears to be pretentious middlebrow shite. Sorry, I'm feeling in a pessimistic mood today.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah the Star Wars was a kick in the head to fans, except for the Mandalorian. But a buddy of Lucas and Spielberg got control and had a political agenda and thought she had to stick it to the fans. In the long run Disney might be a better steward of the franchise than Lucas.
I’d argue that the original trilogy was a collaboration Lucas got sole credit for, the prequels were his solo attempt which except for the clone wars animated series it would be dismissed completely (btw the talent in clone wars is what made mabdalorian good), the last movies did nothing for the series at that can be laid back at Kathleen Kennedy’s door mainly because the last Jedi decided to be battle star Galactica forgetting they owed it to the fans to get the story right. JJ Abrams followed the recipe original series had successfully but had nothing to work with the third movie.
With the season two finale of Mandalorian a lot of fans are hoping to Disney is resetting the timeline, and that the last trilogy movie is turns out to be just sort of an offshoot or Jedi vision. I doubt that will happen although I think Disney could make Lucas version of the final three movies and make it work.

Btw Lucas too inserted anti-bush stuff in the prequels but you wouldn’t catch it if you didn’t know it was there.

Bond could be done better and actually have a marvel like universe if adapted correctly. Babs is so small minded she can hardly focus on producing one story she literally has half a decade to make. And then it’s only that one movie half baked as it is.
Cubby had half baked movies too but also had a plan to keep production moving to the next thing. I always found the every other movie technique cubby had worked for me every other movie would be really good and the one in between would still be enjoyable. Maybe it wasn’t planned that way but it’s how I found the movies

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Force Awakens was well-received when it came out, but looking back on it now, I think it suffered from the same problem that hobbled Thr Rise of Skywalker - an over-reliance on nostalgia and callbacks to the original trilogy instead of making a satisfying film in its own right. For me, Rogue One is the best of the Disney Star Wars movies, though I haven't seen Solo.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

They actually gave the idiot a gadget in this film: Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Wait, Top Trumps are still going? I remember those from my childhood

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You're not drinking straight antifreeze when you down a soft drink, but if your drink of choice has propylene glycol in it you're consuming a compound that's used for everything from antifreeze to cosmetics to pharmaceuticals to electronic cigarettes. Its properties are many, so it's no surprise that chemical companies such as DOW get excited about its potential in the corporate food world. It's also a minor ingredient in Corexit, the oil dispersant that was used after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Fortunately, if you live in the European Union, propylene glycol is not cleared as a general-purpose food grade product or direct food additive.

Beaver anal glands
If you're eating vanilla, strawberry or raspberry ice-cream, you may just be eating beaver's anal and urine secretions. Castoreum, which comes from the castor sacs of male and female beavers, is an FDA-approved food additive popular in ice-creams, and allowed to be called "natural flavouring", meaning you probably don't know that you are eating it.