The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote:I wonder what look Craig will have for the press conference?

I suppose it depends on what Madam Tuusauds can put together in time for the conference.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

He was best dressed for Skyfall conference.
Ugh,no...don't remind me of the Thames,please.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:The press conference announcing the title etc is apparently tomorrow. Because obviously everyone is going to want to talk about Bond on the day a f**king Avengers movie is released.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Uh yeeeeaahhhh Kris, duh! I mean especially one so eagerly anticipated such as this! I mean they got that one director from that one t.v.show and well... I hear they'll be confirming the electric Aston rumor and... uh... Daniel Craig is coming back... again... but we already knew that... Oh wait we'll learn the title... which will be Eclipse... which we already know... but yeah exciting.
That’s a good point unless they had a teaser trailer for endgame nobody is going to remember or care they brought out Craig for one more press conference. Not on the eve of possibly one of the biggest movie events in the last 15 years, maybe ever, if predictions are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

carl stromberg wrote:I wonder what look Craig will have for the press conference?

I’m noticing how Botox and make up caked his face is and his crap poser pose. Oddly the weird guy off the boat looks more like a person, the later Craig is babs money paying to make him look, I dunno youngish less than he usually looks.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:

I’m noticing how Botox and make up caked his face is and his crap poser pose. Oddly the weird guy off the boat looks more like a person, the later Craig is babs money paying to make him look, I dunno youngish less than he usually looks.

Yeah he looks downright human compared to the waxworks monstrosities in the more recent pictures.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:The press conference announcing the title etc is apparently tomorrow. Because obviously everyone is going to want to talk about Bond on the day a f**king Avengers movie is released.

I really don't get why EON bothers, first of all they never say anything, not to mention the staged press conference from a lectern is at least 15 years out of date!

Apparently there's going to be a Q&A after the cast and crew tell us nothing of the film!

Reporter: Can you tell us anything about the plot?

Craig or other EON flunky: No we can not.

Reporter: Can you give us any details about the film?

Craig or other EON flunky: No we can not.

Reporter: Can you tell us anything at all about the film?

Craig or other EON flunky: No we can't, look this is a press conference about the film, what do you want from us!!!!!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Someone will ask , is this your last bond? Babs will interrupt saying she’s a bride.

If any reporter there has any balls they’ll ask him about the in it for the money comment he made almost half a decade ago. Maybe get me too question in.

Except we already know everyone in attendance is bought and paid for by eon and MGM marketing budgets.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Someone will ask , is this your last bond? Babs will interrupt saying she’s a bride.

If any reporter there has any balls they’ll ask him about the in it for the money comment he made almost half a decade ago. Maybe get me too question in.

Except we already know everyone in attendance is bought and paid for by eon and MGM marketing budgets.

Too right O, lots of softball questions like: "Mr. Grand, Superior, Best Bond Eva Craig, how did you get to be sooooooo handsome?"

Then for weeks after all the sycophantic blogs will be abuzz, speculating on what brand of jock strap Craig was wearing on stage.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Seydoux is returning, Ana de Armas is a new Bond girl apparently and Rami Malek plays the villain I suspect.
De Armas went from Gosling to Craig... Not exactly an upper level but oh well. Another mismatched pair I guess.
Rami Malek seems to have mannerisms of SATC's Stanford Blatch.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I couldn't be bothered to watch any of that. I'm just basically just waiting for the Craig era to end. Hopefully this is his last one. I did take a look at the MI6 forum and there were a surprising amount of nitpickers.

"Daniel can't leave soon enough. I'm afraid he's going to carry the same bored attitude in this interview and in Spectre over to Bond 25. I can just see it."

"This will be ANOTHER film where Bond is not just DOING HIS JOB. He's retired at the beginning. Every one of Craig's films has him being doubted, relieved of duty, or considered 'too old'. "

"Craig looks like he’s being held prisoner. He’s nowhere near excited as he was on Colbert."

"I'm glad the fans are happy about this event. Unfortunately Bond twitter and the video live stream just shows how disappointed the general public is. I agree with them. I will admit, the synopsis sounds good and the cast is pretty excellent. I am very happy with Ana de Armas as a huge fan of BR2049, and Jefferey Wright is so good he steals the show from Craig."

"Craig has proven to me to be completely outdated and archaic as Bond. Cary's answers were so lame. I'm skeptical about this movie. Spectre also had a great cast in theory, and that was a colossal let down."

"Having watched it again in full - my laptop at work was buffering so I couldn't see it all smoothly - Craig did seem a little flat or disinterested in being there. I think he's quite shy in real life. I wouldn't mind the next Bond actor having a bit more Brosnan type enthusiasm for the role. I don't really get the impression Craig enjoys the role. Irrespective of how Bond 25 turns out - good, bad or indifferent - I do feel it's time for a new James Bond actor. Perhaps someone with a tad more enthusiasm or joy for the part."

"Very poor event, but I guess you blokes will swallow anything EON dishes out."

"During today's reveal video, Craig was wearing running shoes--c'mon man, have some class! Connery wouldn't have shown up like that."

"What a boring event. Malek's casting was the worst kept secret in Hollywood, but the one thing I was hoping for was the return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix. The last couple of movies could have done with his presence. But why no title reveal? Have they simply not decided yet? Does it depend on the final draft of the script (which is still being worked on!). Hmmm. Very odd. And Daniel Craig looked thoroughly bored by the whole thing. He really has zero charisma off screen. In fact, I'm sure I saw him looking at his wrists a couple of times!"

"Absolute joke of a press conference. Actors looked flatter than a pancake, especially Craig."

"Awkward interviews? Daniel especially seemed like he would rather be anywhere but there haha. It was all over in 20 minutes."

Here's a few from AJB too...

"Craig was, quite frankly, kinda non-descript in the Q and A. I know he's a tad shy but he's been the longest serving Bond so he knows the Bond ropes, he knows what is required at press junkets. He seemed to have all the enthusiasm of a guy that said "I'd only return for the money" which bizarrely enough he actually said! I think the next Bond actor needs a bit more natural charm in interviews or extra confidence. I think Craig's a decent Bond but it would be nice to have some new chap with a little more oomph in interviews. At least pretend to enjoy yourself!"

"I'm glad this is Craig's final Bond. He seemed to have zero joy or excitement in his body language. I accept he is shy but he's been in the role for close to 15 years. Try and summon up some enthusiasm. I'm sure 20 or more million dollars would make most people get more enthused!"

"It was absolutely the height of stupidity to release this on the day Endgame premiers. Also, despite a number of promising details being revealed, did anyone else get a general sense of malaise from Barbara, MGW, and Craig? It’s worrisome. I sense that this franchise needs some new blood at the top. Anyone who can’t see that doesn’t want to seee it."

"What surprises me the most is the youth of the new additions to the cast. The oldest one is what, 40? That, together with a young Q, Moneypenny, M (well youngish), makes Bond himself feel/look really old. Curious to see if that will play into the plot itself."

"Have we had that much of a deflating start to a Bond before? THE worst Q&A I’ve ever seen. Questions like, “who’s the most excited to be in the film” and “what’s your favourite Bond gadget?” Seriously?? Aweful, literally no real content whatsoever. IMO the only bits are any value is Malek, Jeffrey Wright, seeing 1 of the locations, most likely Bond’s holiday home and knowing the film starts out with Bond not in active duty. Outside that, the “announcement” is a big fail. To build it up the way they did and to have lackluster content and anything like the title is lazy and reinforces my belief that the producers are neglecting the fans."

"Well that was bloody terrible. Sorry but that was an incredibly awkward, amateurish live stream. And with no title?? Yikes."
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

That is quite interesting James, it seems Craig is wearing out his welcome faster than a fly in the punch bowl. I do laugh at those who are trying to excuse Craig as just being "shy" when he's stated time and again how much he dislikes the role, not to mention the infamous "slash my wrists... just doing it for the money" debacle.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I call bulls**t on this theory about Craig being shy as well. A shy person would never publicly say things he said. From my experience shy people are in general deathly afraid of saying anything negative to a wider net of people. Craig announced to the whole world how sick he is of being Bond. Craig is not shy, he just can't be bothered to look even remotely interested in what is going on.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:Seydoux is returning, Ana de Armas is a new Bond girl apparently and Rami Malek plays the villain I suspect.
De Armas went from Gosling to Craig... Not exactly an upper level but oh well. Another mismatched pair I guess.
Rami Malek seems to have mannerisms of SATC's Stanford Blatch.
I wonder if de Armas's casting is a hangover from when Denis Villeneuve was supposed to be directing? Anyway, it sounds like there were few surprises there, unless you count the fact that they still haven't settled on a title yet.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Ah, but you don't understand V, Craig is a great artist, he's a deeply introspective individual who thinks profound thoughts we meer mortals will never comprehend!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Producer Barbara Broccoli said of the as-yet-untitled flick, "Bond is not on active service when we start — he's enjoying himself in Jamaica. We consider it Bond's spiritual home. He starts his journey here. We've built an extraordinary house for him. We've got quite a ride in store for Mr. Bond." Image Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:I call bulls**t on this theory about Craig being shy as well. A shy person would never publicly say things he said. From my experience shy people are in general deathly afraid of saying anything negative to a wider net of people. Craig announced to the whole world how sick he is of being Bond. Craig is not shy, he just can't be bothered to look even remotely interested in what is going on.
Cr-egg is mentally deranged and Broccoli has brainwashed his psyche into believing he can actually act. He is a no-talent lout with limited cranial abilities who hit the lottery when a lonely elitist inherited her daddy's franchise and fell in love with him.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Online ticket retailer Fandango.com now reports over 8,000 showtimes of Endgame have already sold out on Fandango as it has now officially become the company's largest pre-seller, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The company also reports the nation's theater chains are constantly posting new opening weekend showtimes and adding new screens for Endgame on Fandango.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Image

Why does the director look more "Bond" than the actor playing him? Oh yeah, I forgot, the actor is a self important pompous ass who'd rather be anywhere else.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“He’s enjoying himself in Jamaica,” said Broccoli, who added that the production has built an “extraordinary” house for the famous agent and his license to kill. The official log-line states that “[Bond’s] peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.”