The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

A bunch of stories about bad box office and studios pulling movies like blade runner 2 out of theaters faster. Which is going to have a big consequence because the studios get the bigger percentage of the ticket sales the first weeks this is cutting the movie theaters throats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:A bunch of stories about bad box office and studios pulling movies like blade runner 2 out of theaters faster. Which is going to have a big consequence because the studios get the bigger percentage of the ticket sales the first weeks this is cutting the movie theaters throats

It doesn't give movies a chance to pick up through good word of mouth. Everything is going to be even more focused on the opening weekend in future.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:A bunch of stories about bad box office and studios pulling movies like blade runner 2 out of theaters faster. Which is going to have a big consequence because the studios get the bigger percentage of the ticket sales the first weeks this is cutting the movie theaters throats

It doesn't give movies a chance to pick up through good word of mouth. Everything is going to be even more focused on the opening weekend in future.
I agree, studios also have pushed up video releases I’ve bought some movie on vudu while they were still in the theaters.
Theaters chain are not going to like giving the majority of the ticket price to the studio when they will not get the chance to make it back in a few weeks.
Moving towards day of release to theater and videos. Theater chains are going to fight back somehow.
Studios I think are going to try flooding the market faster to find something the makes money.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Next Saturday's Chiller Theatre guest list: http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm

I recognize about 80% of those names! 8)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Still it’s weird that no official confirmation of Craig returning or distributors.
:?: Craig's return was officially confirmed a couple of months back. It's one of the reasons that I don't believe the Nolan rumour, since Nolan is on record as saying that if he did a Bond film, it would be with a new Bond, and the freedom to remake the franchise in his own image. I can't see an auteur like Nolan wanting to be lumbered with a Purvis & Wade script.
did they announce it? I remember Craig saying it but I didn’t remember seeing eon casting confirmed . Not that I think Babs wouldn’t bring him back at any cost.

Eon put out this short press release after Daniel Craig's appearance on The Late Show.

http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

Still weird. It’s sourcing the late show instead of EON. Thank for the link, all the stories had the late show as the source I expected the full announcement from eon about director, stars, and distributor

Agreed. It is very odd. The July 24 announcement about a release date was made by Eon and MGM, neither of which distributes movies. It has been about three months since and still no distributor to get the movie into theaters.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image Image Image Empty stadiums galore in the NFL yesterday, and deservedly so :!: The end of the NFL has taken hold and is heading in one direction for good :!: Militancy does NOT work in the U.S.A. and these clowns just don't get it :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

Agreed. It is very odd. The July 24 announcement about a release date was made by Eon and MGM, neither of which distributes movies. It has been about three months since and still no distributor to get the movie into theaters.
Could this change anything far as release date? I assume they can reserve the date and whoever the distributor is makes it happen. Although I thought there was something about when studios scheduled movies too.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image Image Image Image Empty stadiums galore in the NFL yesterday, and deservedly so :!: The end of the NFL has taken hold and is heading in one direction for good :!: Militancy does NOT work in the U.S.A. and these clowns just don't get it :!:
I don’t think football losing its prominence is necessarily anything to do with the fans pro or counter views of what the players are doing. IMHO it’s down to the games are secondary and politics being primary are turning away viewers, maybe what’s hurting Hollywood too.
People just want to enjoy a few hours of fun without having the knowledge of what these players are for or against in the back of our minds.
The nfl is done Goodell helped kill it, by the time they clean house and get back to neutral Political stance , maybe ten years from now, the fed or state governments will shut down the sport for being too violent. Possibly sued to oblivion by their players for injuries. Maybe both, I don’t the nfl can regain their prominence. Anyway It’s been slowly declining for years, this maybe the tipping point they can’t recover from.

Soccer now is your chance!!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] LTK's Professor Joe Butcher (bless your heart) performing :?: :?: :?: in Las Vegas last month at age 75 now :!:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Hi there, fellas. Been a while.

How's it hanging?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hello Drakester :!: Long time no see :!: Have you encountered Broccoli yet to let her know how you feel about Cr-egg coming back again :?: :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Drake! You managed to escape The Village, then...or did you?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Hello Drakester :!: Long time no see :!: Have you encountered Broccoli yet to let her know how you feel about Cr-egg coming back again :?: :!:
Indeed, BJ. Good to see you, again! :D It appears Babs still wants her Danny boy to pay her some favors, hence his return to Spectreville (I feel like that should be the official name of Eon Productions). The last film's inconsistency was painful enough I can't manage to get excited whenever I heard the James Bond name anymore. Whatever happened to that glamour extravaganza our super-spy used to bring? :jack:

Ah yes. Babs happened.
Kristatos wrote:Drake! You managed to escape The Village, then...or did you?
That... is the question, my dear fellow. ;)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Filmmaker James Toback has long had a bad reputation with women. Stories about the writer-director often referred to him as a womanizer, but what that actually meant did not become clear until the Los Angeles Times published an investigation Sunday in which 38 women accused the writer-director of sexual harassment. Within two days those numbers swelled as more than 200 additional women contacted The Times and, in emails and phone calls, recalled encounters with Toback similar to those detailed in the story. :shock: :cuss: Hollywood has had it :!: Their audacity to preach 'values' is stunning now :!: The box office grosses are way down for a reason, and these Hollywood elitists are one of the reasons. Both the NFL and Hollywood are in freefall now :!: :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'd never heard of Toback before this story broke.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] A family film debuts this Friday in limited release without the help of liberal producers :!:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Just like somebody said it before, if they are to be honest about those powerful players in Hollywood and had all their secrets exposed, Weinstein's deed will seem rather mild. Liberals for ya. They'll demonize Trump and accuse him with sexual harassment while their own people, like that cretin Jimmy Kimmel approaching women to grab his crotch have had their evidences exposed and released in public, but the liberal media claims that's normal and don't bat an eye in the slightest, so that footage went buried.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You said a mouthful Drake :!: Kimmel and Colbert can BOTH rot in hell :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's Logan Lucky total: Worldwide: 10 weeks: $43,304,213 :ROFL: :ROFL: ANOTHER Cr-egg bomb :!: :clap: :happy spin: :cheers: Image Image
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Indeed, BJ. Colbert, Kimmel and the whole American contemporary “comedians”. I’ll be damned if I find myself laughing at any of their jokes. That’s why we don’t watch TV anymore.

BJ, here’s a funny thing. Cr-egg’s character actually loves to eat eggs in Logan Lucky. His favorite food. :lol: