The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Blowfeld »

carl stromberg wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
James wrote:Lazenby only found out he'd been dubbed when he saw the finished film and he wasn't very happy about it. It doesn't really affect my enjoyment. I still think it's the best James Bond film.
First few times watching OHMSS I didn't notice he was dubbed which was quite common in the early films.
George Baker might have been Bond himself according to this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... -Bond.html
Is there anybody who was not almost Bond in the 1960's? :lol:
The Dam Busters led to a string of roles, many with a military bent. Baker had been Ian Fleming’s first choice to play his debonair secret agent, James Bond, but was unable to take the part because he was tied into a contract with a rival studio. He still had a handful of dealings with 007, though: in You Only Live Twice he cropped up uncredited as a NASA engineer; in The Spy Who Loved Me as Captain Benson; and as the genealogist Sir Hilary Bray in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.

It was this role which, after a fashion, allowed him to play Bond after all. In the scenes in which 007 imitates Sir Hilary, listen carefully: that’s Baker’s own voice, dubbed over George Lazenby’s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... -Bond.html
Actually bring me to another point I was going to make about a high profile actor possibly being a future Bond, in the past it is true the job has gone to men who largely have been unknowns however EON had offered the role to quite a few high profile name associated with other movies series, those men wisely in my opinion didn't take the job. Also I believe there was partnership trouble and Studio pressure behind some of those names rising to the top, however I believe it shows the studio and EON are open to someone with a established Hollywood presence taking the role it's just that unknowns have nothing against changing their scheduling and are more flexible in salary and other commitments.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/141 ... mpbell.htm Indiewire recently stated that if Bigelow was picked she would give a female perspective to the series especially in the light of Judi Dench's departure as M. They also stated that "she could turn Craig's Bond into a more interesting blunt instrument -- obsessive, conflicted, yet still as unpredictable and as dangerous as hell." (keep piling on the destruction of the series. FBF, get new plans into action :!: )
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:(keep piling on the destruction of the series. FBF, get new plans into action :!: )
Cast WWE or TNA wrestlers for all I care. If Babs thinks she can boost up DC Bonds so they can break records and received Oscar wins/nominations, why not doing this with wrestlers when DC retire? That's what the b1tch should do.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:http://www.latinospost.com/articles/141 ... mpbell.htm Indiewire recently stated that if Bigelow was picked she would give a female perspective to the series especially in the light of Judi Dench's departure as M. They also stated that "she could turn Craig's Bond into a more interesting blunt instrument -- obsessive, conflicted, yet still as unpredictable and as dangerous as hell." (keep piling on the destruction of the series. FBF, get new plans into action :!: )
When did Connery tell Craig to stick with Campbell seven years ago?

Bigelow will never be seriously considered and for her it is a step down, now I could see Campbell comeback for the next bond, or any of the directors we like to talk about, with a new bond they get to make a fresh impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/142 ... vorite.htm Rumor has it Andree Bernard http://www.tenthplanetevents.co.uk/ekmp ... ard018.jpg will be in Bond 24 and play M's daughter. :shock: More psychotic delving into Cr-egg's Bond's Mommy Dearest insanity, but now with her daughter as his new fixation? Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn. When will Bond go back to saving the world and not his mind????????????? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The story didn't mention Ms Bernard or M's daughter when I clicked on the link. Maybe they were told the story was false and removed those references?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I got that from IMBD's website and added it on.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Did Eon have a hand in the new Pope selection? Will Eon incorporate this into their storyline for Bond 24? Stay tuned.............
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I got that from IMBD's website and added it on.

I don't believe anything on IMDb unless it can be verified by a reliable source (by which I mean an official announcement). I've heard the rumour about Andree Bernard before, though not the bit about her being M's daughter. There are always loads of unsubstantiated rumours about every Bond film. Some turn out to be true, others don't. I make a point of not believing them until they are officially confirmed or until the film is released (in the case of "surprises" like M's death or Eve being Moneypenny). Or at least not getting upset about them.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Re:

Post by bjmdds »

carl stromberg wrote:Welcome to the forum BJ. I hope you stick around and take part in the discussions.
Sunday it will be 6 years now Carl :!: :up: :cheers:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Re:

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:Welcome to the forum BJ. I hope you stick around and take part in the discussions.
Sunday it will be 6 years now Carl :!: :up: :cheers:
:shock: :lol:
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Daniel Craig has met Steven Seagal. I wonder if they are going to appear in a film together?

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Where's FBF when you need him? His hero :!: I'd rather listen to these kids than the Oscar dirge Adele won due to illegitimate competition:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Did Eon have a hand in the new Pope selection? Will Eon incorporate this into their storyline for Bond 24? Stay tuned.............

Babs *wishes* she had that much power.She doesn't. :twisted:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Hobbit looks like it will end its China run with $50 million

Hobbit had lame performance IMO, still crossed a Billion but it was soooo slowwwwwww.

This weeks numbers, I skipped a few weekends because I was on the phone only.
Title Weekend Total
1. Oz the Great and Powerful $42,222,000 $145
2. The Call $17,100,000 $17.1
3. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone $10,305,000 $10.3
4. Jack the Giant Slayer $6,220,000 $53.9
5. Identity Thief $4,500,000 $123.6
6. Snitch $3,500,000 $37.2
7. 21 and Over $2,619,000 $21.8
8. Silver Linings Playbook $2,587,000 $124.6
9. Safe Haven $2,495,000 $66.9
10. Escape from Planet Earth $2,327,000 $53.1
Has anyone seen OZ? it doing great given I don't think a lot was expected form it.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

carl stromberg wrote:Daniel Craig has met Steven Seagal. I wonder if they are going to appear in a film together?

Go for it. But Fat Seagal should keep his weight the way it is. He looks funny that way. :mrgreen:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

According to Sly, Fat Seagal won't be in Expendables 3.

http://screenrant.com/sylvester-stallon ... ckie-chan/
http://www.movieweb.com/news/stallone-t ... ackie-chan

BJ, what do you think of this? Fat Seagal is too much of a joke after all to be in EX3?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

But he is fine as Bond with Broccoli in charge :!: :lol: Homemade caramel is made by melting sugar in a saucepan.

Brown coloring in sodas and some other products is not the same thing.

Industrial caramel coloring is made by reacting sugars with ammonia and sulfites under high pressure and temperatures. The chemical reactions create 4-methylimidazole, which in government-conducted studies caused lung, liver, or thyroid cancer or leukemia in laboratory mice or rats. This is why California recently required foods containing caramel color to be labeled as potential cancer-causing agents.

But you won't see this warning label any time soon - manufacturers simply reduced the use of caramel color enough that the labeling requirements no longer applied.

Caramel color varies slightly between products - when in beer, sauces or baked goods it has just ammonia and when used in soft drinks, it has both sulfites and ammonia. Neither one is a "good" option.

Bottom line: Choose something else, less controversial.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:According to Sly, Fat Seagal won't be in Expendables 3.

http://screenrant.com/sylvester-stallon ... ckie-chan/
http://www.movieweb.com/news/stallone-t ... ackie-chan

BJ, what do you think of this? Fat Seagal is too much of a joke after all to be in EX3?
Didn't read the link but fat seagal still takes himself too seriously , the should try to get Moore and Brosnan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2