The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Think about it this way can any of us believe the Bond producers actually fell national pride for Great Britain or is it gimmicks to get the UK public to buy tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Weinstein investigation has moved to this side of the Atlantic. One of my adolescent crushes, the British actress Lysette Anthony, has alleged that he raped her. I met her briefly once, at the stage door of a play I saw her in at the Bristol Old Vic, so that brings it somewhat closer to home.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Anthony played Angelique in the NBC Dark Shadows tv remake years back. That's when I first noticed her. [video][/video]
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:The Weinstein investigation has moved to this side of the Atlantic. One of my adolescent crushes, the British actress Lysette Anthony, has alleged that he raped her. I met her briefly once, at the stage door of a play I saw her in at the Bristol Old Vic, so that brings it somewhat closer to home.
The Bas***d! He had better spend the rest of his life in prison, if he does not I hope he never feels safe alone on the street again. I would like a turn at stabbing him and I do not go for these kind of violent histrionics. Perhaps there should be a law to make it legal in Harvey's case.
Hollywood culture has to change to have any prayer of limiting these kinds of predators (male and female). Hollywood is built on so much secrecy and codes of silence. Actors can not express what they think of other actors, forget about producers, directors and the fished product. The very culture of the movie industry is "don't tell", it has been plagued in its long history with all sorts of similar scandals. The idea of "we are enlightened now" so it is all right now, and it was "just a few bad apples" is twaddle. Far as the touted solution of hiring more female directors and producers, I think Barbara Broccoli and Amy Pascal have proven women can be just as corrupt as their mail counterparts. What are the studios going to do when it has a Rosa Klebb class predator running their summer blockbusters? The same thing they did for Harvey Weinstein and countless others right now, only they feel better about it because it would be a more diverse group of predictors.

The solution of course is robots, thanks to the three laws of robotics they take harassment never issuing it themselves...Sorry I half-seriously indulge my wonky science fiction side. There is no one good answer, however I do believe Hollywood, AKA the movie and television industry, have to begin to tear down the wall of silence that sounds it. I believe it is the first positive step they as an industry can make.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Clinton Foundation to Keep Harvey Weinstein’s $250,000 Donation :shock: :cuss: Blowfeld, does your stabbing anger now apply to this piece of filth too? Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Clinton Foundation to Keep Harvey Weinstein’s $250,000 Donation :shock: :cuss: Blowfeld, does your stabbing anger now apply to this piece of filth too?
I almost wrote that when she said she was going to give her donation to charity, she meant the Clinton Foundation. I thought I was joking....
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary Clinton on Sunday defended NFL players who knelt during the national anthem, saying kneeling is a “reverent” position that is not against “our anthem or our flag.” :hair: The former Democratic presidential candidate, who was at the Southbank Centre's London Literature Festival, urged Democrats to use the issue against President Trump :shock: ---------------This clown has NO clue what she is saying now :!: Trump has won this debate by a wide margin :!: Talk about being out of touch with middle America which represents 60% of the country :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Clinton Foundation to Keep Harvey Weinstein’s $250,000 Donation :shock: :cuss: Blowfeld, does your stabbing anger now apply to this piece of filth too?
I almost wrote that when she said she was going to give her donation to charity, she meant the Clinton Foundation. I thought I was joking....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
they are their own best charity. :roll:
Greed out weighs righteous indignation any day, the trick is to combine the two. After all It’d be wrong to give the money back to the studio.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Hillary Clinton on Sunday defended NFL players who knelt during the national anthem, saying kneeling is a “reverent” position that is not against “our anthem or our flag.” :hair: The former Democratic presidential candidate, who was at the Southbank Centre's London Literature Festival, urged Democrats to use the issue against President Trump :shock: ---------------This clown has NO clue what she is saying now :!: Trump has won this debate by a wide margin :!: Talk about being out of touch with middle America which represents 60% of the country :!:
Of course she is her arch enemy already took the opposite position, she also hopes to hell it keeps her relevant to somebody.

If she had won I doubt she would be so eager for protest.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I also don’t believe her story of broken toes. More likely is she had another seizure.

Just had a thought about Hillary’s pandering, she thinks she is good at telling people what they want to hear, obviously she’s not as good as she thinks cause she lost. Trump is good at telling people what he thinks off the top of his mind and selling it. I doubt we’ve ever heard a honest heartfelt opinion from Hill-dog.
Trump is practiced enough to run his mouth while guessing fairly accurately where the majority will be.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] This MSNBC big shot lost his mind on set, and he has the gall to call Trump unhinged? Typical liberal lowlife on MSNBC :!: NBC News has fired the staffer it believes is responsible for leaking embarrassing footage of Lawrence O'Donnell berating his staff and complaining about "hammering" in his earpiece, the New York Post reported Monday. Warning: he curses often :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image MSNBC's top loser Rachel Maddow looks similar to Ronnie Reagan jr.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Clinton Foundation to Keep Harvey Weinstein’s $250,000 Donation :shock: :cuss: Blowfeld, does your stabbing anger now apply to this piece of filth too? Image
I am not as enraged with an old lady as all of that. Poor dear had trouble keeping scheduled appointments recently. Tricky things steps, older than organised religions yet so unfathomable. Hard to trust ones footing on a staircase. ;)

Harvey enrages me in more of causal prison yard shiving kind of way. The sort of thing Daniel Craig would seem proficient at. More so than portraying a gentleman spy.

Warner Brothers is letting it be known they are concerned Harvey enabler Ben Ass-fleck,Buttman as he prefers, infamy might hurt the Justice League movie. I am not so sure it will, after all the studio have the feminist credentials of 9th wave feminist Joss "Buffy" Whedon, rather they did before his ex-wife relieved custody of those credentials in the divorce. However the author took great pains to say there were protest against his casting before yet his Batman has proven to be popular. I can only he assume he was talking about Christian Bale because Ben Affleck is still in the realm of Val Kilmer and George "Bat-nipples" Clooney.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

‘He wants Monica Bellucci back, that’s for sure,’ a source close to Craig told The Mirror. :roll: Recent reports have claimed that Bond may be married in the 25th film in the series, with a script leak suggesting that Lea Seydoux’s character Dr. Madeleine Swann had married Bond and he had left the secret service for a happily ever after. ‘Bond quits the secret service, and he’s in love and gets married,’ said a Hollywood insider to the New York Post’s Page Six column. :roll: But the source bleakly added Bond will return to the secret service after his wife is killed in order to exact his revenge; the film is rumoured to be a remake of You Only Live Twice only with a new name – Shatterhand, an alias of Bond villain Blofeld’s in the novel You Only Live Twice. :roll:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As social media sparked with ESPN not showing the playing of the national anthem :cuss: , another type of history was also being made: Last night’s primetime broadcast of the Titans’ 36-22 victory stumbled to a "season low" with a 6.1 in metered market results. :clap:----------------In a report that mirrors similar concerns raised last week, NFL games are overall drawing fewer viewers and CBS is down 17%. :clap:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:‘He wants Monica Bellucci back, that’s for sure,’ a source close to Craig told The Mirror. :roll: Recent reports have claimed that Bond may be married in the 25th film in the series, with a script leak suggesting that Lea Seydoux’s character Dr. Madeleine Swann had married Bond and he had left the secret service for a happily ever after. ‘Bond quits the secret service, and he’s in love and gets married,’ said a Hollywood insider to the New York Post’s Page Six column. :roll: But the source bleakly added Bond will return to the secret service after his wife is killed in order to exact his revenge; the film is rumoured to be a remake of You Only Live Twice only with a new name – Shatterhand, an alias of Bond villain Blofeld’s in the novel You Only Live Twice. :roll:
I think yolt is more likely than moonraker, but it’d also fit Craig’s ego if he could possibly end bonds life with that movie, like Logan or the dark knight trilogy.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The more I read of the Lysette Anthony story, the worse it gets. Apparently, Weinstein raped her in the '80s. She reported it to the police, and got blacklisted as a result. Looking at her career, that makes horrible sense. Back then, she appeared in some fairly high-profile Hollywood movies; not blockbusters perhaps, but major studio pics with wide theatrical releases. She seemed to be on the cusp of stardom for a while, but then dropped off the radar for a decade or so. Since then, she has mostly been confined to TV guest roles in things like soap operas and detective shows. For people wondering why his victims didn't speak out sooner...that's why.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Makes sense I was looking at her IMDb page yesterday trying to see if I knew her from anywhere. Big gaps in her movies,
but She worked with Mel Brooks on Dracula dead and living it, not putting her down at all this makes her a big star to me. IMO Mel brooks had such a huge impact on our culture just having worked with him is awesome.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I mainly remember her from the '80s fantasy movie Krull. Not a great film, by any means, but quite fun.