The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Temple of Doom is actually a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark and is set in 1935 while Raiders is set in 1936. Therefore during the course of the film Indy has not yet discovered the Ark of the Covenant.
Not sure what discussion this relates to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
not sure other than bj just realized temple of doom was a prequel. Are we going to need spoiler tags? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Indy trivia. I never really noticed it was a prequel.........................where is Indy 5 already?-------------------Tough-talking actor Samuel L. Jackson wished President Donald Trump a happy birthday on Friday, but the Twitterverse took exception to the perceived anti-gay slurs in the message and laid their vengeance upon him. Jackson’s tweet: “Must have been a party at The White House, Mitch, Paul, Rudy & others were spotted wearing knee pads & carrying these lined up outside. Happy Birthday.” The tweet included an image of a product called “After Dick Mints” with the tagline “Going down?” Where is the call to remove him from credit card ads by the left-wingers in Hollywood :?: :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Who needs Adele? [video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I thought Trump supporters didn't like Indiana Jones:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s ok because he’s punching a joe Kennedy Democrat.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now a new museum in the Austrian Alps will showcase one of Bond's recent, memorable destinations. 007 Elements is an immersive installation celebrating Bond's cinematic outings past and present. The museum neighbors the glacial ice Q restaurant featured in "Spectre" -- both buildings are on Gaislachkogl mountain in Sölden. ImageThe museum, opening July 12, will be reached via the Gaislachkoglbahn cable car. "It's an authentic James Bond movie location, it's inside the top of a mountain at 3,000 meters up in the air," creative director and James Bond art director Neal Callow tells CNN Travel. The museum has a dramatic aesthetic resembling a Bond villain's lair. "We wanted it to feel like somewhere that you might see James Bond operate," says Callow. "We obviously referenced back to the classic design style of the 1960s, '70s, '80s Bond films and the production designer Ken Adam, who did all the beautiful buildings, very big, dramatic shapes, brutal angles, lots of bare concrete and technology." The building also embraces Bond's reputation for high tech, revolutionary design.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The best bit from the Temple of Doom!

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Today another rumor has surfaced, with a now-deleted Instagram video from a noted personal trainer that seems to indicate Mark Strong is currently in training for a role in James Bond 25.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Today another rumor has surfaced, with a now-deleted Instagram video from a noted personal trainer that seems to indicate Mark Strong is currently in training for a role in James Bond 25.
I could see Strong as Blofeld, but you know my attitude to Bond rumours.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He may not be Bond yet, but if you want your Aidan Turner fix, I am assured that this is a real movie. No, I didn't believe it either.Image

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Today another rumor has surfaced, with a now-deleted Instagram video from a noted personal trainer that seems to indicate Mark Strong is currently in training for a role in James Bond 25.
I could see Strong as Blofeld, but you know my attitude to Bond rumours.

he’s a friend of Craig too. Sadly his Merlin in kingsman was a better performance than anything in bond for years.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

24 JUNE 2018 • 2:35PM
Pierce Brosnan has endorsed Tom Hardy as the next James Bond, saying that he could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role. :shock: (a horrible choice by Pierce)

The actor, who starred in four Bond films, "praised" :shock: :shock: :shock: Daniel Craig’s performances as the fictional secret agent and said that Hardy could make a good replacement.

“Daniel Craig has been an incredible Bond,” he told the The Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine. Brosnan said it took him "years" to come to terms with being dropped as 007 after his run in the role. (poor baby, he probably needed psychanalysis for his ego :!: ) He also laid into US President Donald Trump, saying since he came into power he is seriously considering “moving back home” from the US to Ireland.

“That man has torn this country apart and you have to work out how much longer you can stay here,” he said :!: -----hey Pierce, heed my advice to you: SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY :!: :!: :!: :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:24 JUNE 2018 • 2:35PM
Pierce Brosnan has endorsed Tom Hardy as the next James Bond, saying that he could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role. :shock: (a horrible choice by Pierce)

The actor, who starred in four Bond films, "praised" :shock: :shock: :shock: Daniel Craig’s performances as the fictional secret agent and said that Hardy could make a good replacement.

“Daniel Craig has been an incredible Bond,” he told the The Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine. Brosnan said it took him "years" to come to terms with being dropped as 007 after his run in the role. (poor baby, he probably needed psychanalysis for his ego :!: ) He also laid into US President Donald Trump, saying since he came into power he is seriously considering “moving back home” from the US to Ireland.

“That man has torn this country apart and you have to work out how much longer you can stay here,” he said :!: -----hey Pierce, heed my advice to you: SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY :!: :!: :!: :!:
Tom hardy would be awful. And I’m not surprised pierce is a good left spouting whatever left politics are common knowledge in Hollywood. He doesn’t have to make his living in the real world he has to exist in that bubble where nothing is real.

Brosnan will always safely back the liberal popular opinion, maybe he really believes it or maybe he’s trying to get along with the in click. Craig and Babs are no different other than they would not get involved in us politics our of fear of losing their audience, and what projects they backed in the uk they were on the losing side of.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Speaking of belated Indy trivia, I've been reading a book on Blackadder, and I've only just realised that Toht in Raiders and the baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells were played by the same actor, Ronald Lacey.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Pierce Brosnan has endorsed Tom Hardy as the next James Bond, saying that he could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role.
God no! :shock: Do they pay former Bond actors to say this stuff or what? I couldn't watch Hardy in the role.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

acid wrote:
Pierce Brosnan has endorsed Tom Hardy as the next James Bond, saying that he could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role.
God no! :shock: Do they pay former Bond actors to say this stuff or what? I couldn't watch Hardy in the role.
I understand that he pretty much has to say nice things about Craggy, otherwise it would just look like sour grapes. But Tom Hardy? Pierce, you were a great Bond, but I'm glad you didn't get to pick your successor.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

At one point he said colin farrell should be bond , dunno if this was before or after DAD

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bond 25: The collateral damage of this? The Purity TV show. Once Craig decided that he was going to give James Bond one more outing, he had to leave the production that his name had been attached to for a good year or two. The scripts are apparently written, and preproduction was underway. It remains to be seen if it comes back to life at a later date – with or without Daniel Craig....................During an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit, Wright was asked: "Any word on the next Bond? Have you been approached? You’re a fantastic Felix." Wright played a pretty straight bat to it, replying: "It's possible. Thanks."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Pretty sure that show was doa before Craig sold out to Babs once more

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Pretty sure that show was doa before Craig sold out to Babs once more

Wish he'd quit Bond for Purity, rather than the other way round. My hope (and it's admittedly a rather slim one) is that it works out for the best in the long term. Aidan Turner is currently tied up with Poldark, but he might be free for Bond 26....