The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The NFL and its owners have come to an agreement on a new policy regarding the national anthem, and it very clearly states that players are prohibited from kneeling during “The Star-Spangled Banner” if they choose to be on the sideline :!:
Is that still even a thing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It absolutely is. The NFL is trying to figure out how to please their dwindling audiences yearly.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Morgan Freeman has been accused of sexual misconduct by eight women :!: Sixteen people spoke to CNN about the actor's alleged inappropriate behavior, describing multiple troubling incidents throughout his career. In all, 16 people spoke to CNN about Freeman as part of this investigation, eight witnesses and eight who claim to be victims :!: A young production assistant said that in the summer of 2015, while she was working on Freeman's bank heist comedy Going In Style, she was subjected to several months of harassment. She alleged that Freeman repeatedly touched her without permission, resting his hand on her lower back or rubbing her lower back, and frequently made comments about her figure and clothing.

In one incident, she said Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear," adding that he never successfully lifted her skirt. "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

A senior member of the production staff of the movie Now You See Me in 2012 told CNN that Freeman "did comment on our bodies... We knew that if he was coming by ... not to wear any top that would show our breasts, not to wear anything that would show our bottoms, meaning not wearing clothes that [were] fitted."

At a spokesperson's request, CNN emailed "a detailed list" of the accusations against Freeman but received no response. The Hollywood Reporter has also reached out to Freeman.

CNN's investigation into Freeman's behavior came after the news company's own entertainment reporter Chloe Melas — who co-authored the article — claimed to have experienced harassment from the Oscar winner during a press junket interview for Going In Style.

According to Melas, she was six months pregnant at the time of the interview and Freeman. She alleged that, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Michael Caine, Freeman shook her hand and repeated a variation of, "I wish I was there." She also claimed that he said to her, "You are ripe."

-----------This sanctimonious piece of trash had the audacity to speak up for the women's movement to boot :!: It could not happen to a more deserving bum :!: Send this crumb to Shawshank :!: To hell with Hollywood and all they represent :!: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

God too? :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Amen Kris.........let us say-----amen :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Release date and distributors for Bond 25 announced: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/jame ... -confirmed

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now all they have to do is release the title Shatterhand and they are all set for another monumental waste of celluloid :!: Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Now all they have to do is release the title Shatterhand and they are all set for another monumental waste of celluloid :!: Image
Change one letter in Shatterhand to get the title of the next Craig "Bond" film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Change one letter in Shatterhand to get the title of the next Craig "Bond" film.
Shatterband?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daniel Craig’s 5th outing as 007, will be directed by Academy Award-winning Danny Boyle from an original screenplay by "John Hodge." Resume: Filmography: He really is the one to pen a Bond script :!: :roll: ---NOT :!: :down:
Shallow Grave (1994, writer)
Trainspotting (1996, screenplay)
A Life Less Ordinary (1997, writer)
The Beach (2000, screenplay)
The Final Curtain (2002, writer)
The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising (2007, screenplay)
Alien Love Triangle (2008, short, writer)
The Sweeney (2012, story)
Trance (2013, screenplay)
The Program (2015)
T2 Trainspotting (2017)
Bond 25 (2019, screenplay)Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hodge's Trainspotting: The Academy Award nominated screenplay by John Hodge follows a group of heroin addicts in an economically depressed area of Edinburgh and their passage through life. Beyond drug addiction, other themes in the film are exploration of the urban poverty and squalor in "culturally rich" Edinburgh. :hair: ---this demonstrates his ability to write a Bond script? :!: :hair:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Release date and distributors for Bond 25 announced: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/jame ... -confirmed

so about everything we expected plus the usual 6-8 month time frame to finish the film from the start.

Not sure 2019 is going to be kind to them, they have less than a month to make all their money, if wonder woman 2 doesn’t suppress them from the start, then the poirot sequel, Disney live action, Fox marvel movie, terminator reboot and star wars and Jumanji sequel are going to cut in to Babs very stale bond reboot. Maybe she’ll get lucky again with a long absence helping her half assed filming technique sell or maybe the 2006 audience will have moved on. I think November 2019 at this point is crowded and might be more crowded before the end of this year.

If Craig thinks he’ll be remembered well because he had the job from 2005-6 until 2019 I think most people will look at how many films Moore and Connery made in ten years and how many modern films have come out with the same stars in ten years or so that really took fans on a journey and hold up after rewatching. Bond for all the hype of 2006-8 did nothing for decades slowing putting out a movie every 3 to 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Beyond drug addiction, other themes in the film are exploration of the urban poverty and squalor in "culturally rich" Edinburgh. :hair: ---this demonstrates his ability to write a Bond script? :!: :hair:
Yeah, a lot of the time that movie descends into sort of surreal, and sometimes violent, black comedy. So if he tries to get clever with Bond, it's going to be very, very odd. And probably terrible. Although I gather Trainspotting was based on a book, so I don't know how much was lifted straight from that.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In the U.S., Bond 25 will open just a week after Wonder Woman 2, which, if the first film is anything to go by, will have a strong hold on its second weekend. As for the villain, Wonder Woman is rumoured to be going up against her classic foe, Cheetah. The Cheetah is British archaeologist Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, who is cursed to transform into a cheetah woman who hungers for human flesh. She is sometimes portrayed as an old friend of Diana's who struggles against her unfortunate bloodlust. Jenkins has confirmed on Twitter that Kristen Wiig will play the film's villain, Cheetah. Jenkins is committed to making Wonder Woman's invisible jet a big screen reality too :!: The irony of a female superhero taking down Broccoli's effeminate Bond's box office a week later is total justice :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video]
kind of bothers me they made the series about Tom Cruise rather than IMF,but the movies got a lot better recently

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daniel Craig will reportedly receive a fat pay of 50 million pounds ($66 million USD) for his fifth and final outing as secret agent James Bond :!: That's probably 1/4 of the budget :!: I have not paid to see a Bond film in the theatre since 2002.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

bjmdds wrote:Daniel Craig will reportedly receive a fat pay of 50 million pounds ($66 million USD) for his fifth and final outing as secret agent James Bond :!: That's probably 1/4 of the budget :!: I have not paid to see a Bond film in the theatre since 2002.
What outlet reported that? Variety put out a figure of $25 million.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Daniel Craig will reportedly receive a fat pay of 50 million pounds ($66 million USD) for his fifth and final outing as secret agent James Bond :!: That's probably 1/4 of the budget :!: I have not paid to see a Bond film in the theatre since 2002.
What outlet reported that? Variety put out a figure of $25 million.
I dunno. A lot of bad numbers out there left over from Sony rumors or multiply movie contracts

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Here in NYC last Friday on the morning show on Channel 5 the entertainment segment mentioned that figure, as do several on the internet now. He supposedly got $50 million USD for SPECTRE as well. http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/29/daniel-cr ... -007-role/