The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Deadpool afternoon showing were crowded. I wouldn’t be surprised is it beats the projections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Btw the ripped off bond openings with the credits. And I could see Brosnan playing cable is that ever was talked about

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Have you seen enough of this royal wedding already and the media's fawning over Meghan and Harry? This Harry still looks like an immature doltish child and his older new wife is miles ahead of him in maturity. The liberal media actually believes the world cares about this stuff. It's quite possible there will be trouble in paradise sooner rather than later with these two. Harry's axons and dendrites don't seem to fire properly and he is one of the most inconsequential people ever in world power talk.
Goldeneye, arrest BJMDDS and put him in the Tower of London.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's funny, both Mrs Kristatos and I noticed that the Americans on our social media timelines seemed far more invested in the royal wedding than the Brits overall. I watched about two minutes, just to see it, because I wasn't that interested, but I didn't want to rain on the parade of those who did enjoy it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Americans fawn over it because the new dutchess is American and her story is one that many people dream about. Brits on the other hand just love royal weddings. Thousands of people came to Windsor to witnes the arrival of guests, royals and at last bride and groom. Harry and Meghan actually seemed truly in love it didn't feel practised or staged. I wish them well.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just watched Brosnan’s and Jamie Chan’d the foreigner, very well done. Solid movie

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:Americans fawn over it because the new dutchess is American and her story is one that many people dream about. Brits on the other hand just love royal weddings. Thousands of people came to Windsor to witnes the arrival of guests, royals and at last bride and groom. Harry and Meghan actually seemed truly in love it didn't feel practised or staged. I wish them well.
I didn’t pay any attention to it but I know of a lot of people who were causally interested in it who usually wouldn’t care.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

There will be more USA buzz about a potential new Triple Crown horse winner in Justify here the next 3 weeks, with excitement building up for the June 9th Belmont stake here in NYC, than this moronic display of social class warfare being peddled as romance :!: Kings and Queens and Dukes and Duchesses in the 21st century? :Bonk: Meghan is in love with her title, not her beau. Remember my sentimental friends, she, after all, is an actress first :!: I will take this red-headed horse Justify over this red-headed yutz any day of the week :!: Image Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun May 20, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:There will be more USA buzz about a potential new Triple Crown horse winner in Justify here the next 3 weeks, with excitement building up for the June 9th Belmont stake here in NYC, than this moronic display of social class warfare being peddled as romance :!: Kings and Queens and Dukes and Duchesses in the 21st century? :Bonk: Meghan is in love with her title, not her beau. Remember my sentimental friends, she, after all, is an actress first :!:
Well, the royal wedding drew 23 million viewers on US television. So just because you and I weren't interested, it doesn't mean that no-one was.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

She is an actress, but not a particulary great one. No matter how good of an actor one might be you can only get so far with faking certain emotions.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Women love to watch fashion and wedding ceremonies. Image Harry will wear the pant-ies in this relationship for sure :!: Meghan looks like an older, mature person who will call the shots.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:She is an actress, but not a particulary great one. No matter how good of an actor one might be you can only get so far with faking certain emotions.
Let's get real here. Take away her Duchess title, and place Harry in a real life position out of royalty, and she would send back any drink he bought her in a bar trying to meet her. [video][/video] [video][/video] [video][/video]
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Have you seen enough of this royal wedding already and the media's fawning over Meghan and Harry? This Harry still looks like an immature doltish child and his older new wife is miles ahead of him in maturity. The liberal media actually believes the world cares about this stuff. It's quite possible there will be trouble in paradise sooner rather than later with these two. Harry's axons and dendrites don't seem to fire properly and he is one of the most inconsequential people ever in world power talk.
Goldeneye, arrest BJMDDS and put him in the Tower of London.
Now that you mention it I locked Stocks and a few other up there then completely forgot about them. ;)

About the new royal couple I think they are suited to each other. Prince Harry was a trouble maker and his bride to me looks like she had the same sort of lifestyle. I know nothing about her acting career other than Babs was sucking up by saying she was thinking of casting her as a Bond girl, sorry no Bond woman, they don't do that sort of thing any more. Well until the next movie. Whenever that might be.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sorry, couldn't resist:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm sure the filmmakers were just going for some cheap laughs, but holy crap: https://foreverymom.com/arts-entertainm ... -grooming/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In the UK, the ratings were higher for Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding in 2011. Those nuptials averaged 24 million viewers there, while Saturday's festivities averaged only 18 million viewers for Chia-pet Harry and his bride.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But around 6 million more people watched it in the US, so swings and roundabouts.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Visited my parents last night my mom was watching the rerun of the royal wedding.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I'm sure the filmmakers were just going for some cheap laughs, but holy crap: https://foreverymom.com/arts-entertainm ... -grooming/

Gawd there were parents complaining about Deadpool 2, its a freaking R rated movie.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The NFL and its owners have come to an agreement on a new policy regarding the national anthem, and it very clearly states that players are prohibited from kneeling during “The Star-Spangled Banner” if they choose to be on the sideline :!: