The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, will ST 2 do OZ numbers? Total Lifetime Gross so far:
Domestic: $146,960,044 51.8%
+ Foreign: $136,800,000 48.2%
= Worldwide: $283,760,044
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shane/ vs. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/skyfall/ Shane rates higher than Broccoli's trash. It's all about westerns now..............get ready for the Lone Ranger to ride again in July :!: FBF, get your six shooters ready :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bought 2000AD this week for the first time in aaaages. It's a jumping-on issue, with all part 1s of the various stories. One of the strips is called Dandridge, set in the 1980s in a parallel world where the economy is built on the trading of otherworldly beings like ghosts and faeries. The titular character, an undead ghostfinder, is first seen in Monte Carlo, where he has just won Roger Moore's Bentley in a bet by successfully opening a gateway to the aethereal realm using only a pair of salad tongs. Just thought I'd share that with y'all.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Like the "Alien" franchise, the "Mission: Impossible" series has had a different director with each installment (Brian De Palma, John Woo, J.J. Abrams, Brad Bird and now McQuarrie), which has allowed each film to more or less reinvent itself and become a showcase for not only Cruise but also the helmer's particular style. Given his love of intricate plots and ambiguous characters, McQuarrie may bring us more of a "thinking man's" action film with "M:I-5" -- perhaps even one with a major surprise twist at the end (if he is indeed allowed any involvement with the script).
"Mission: Impossible 5" is on track to be released sometime in 2015. (It might go head to head with Bond 24 at this rate but I strongly doubt Eon would put their next insult anywhere near MI :5).
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Happy 69th Birthday to Timothy Dalton! :cheers:

Edit: Sorry, Happy 67th Birthday.
Last edited by The Saint 007 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I believe it's his 67th birthday, having been born in 1946. For some reason, sites like the ever (un)reliable IMDB list his DOB as 1944.

But anyway...

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He aged well, too bad he didn't get to make a few more Bond movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

2015 is shaping up to be an interesting year for action films, with Star Wars 7, MI:5, Bond 24, and The Avengers 2 all due out. Get the popcorn ready for 3 out of 4 of these.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

does anyone watch teh old Mission Impossible?
I've been forcing the kids to suffer it :mrgreen: A show in the first season Odds on Evil had the basic CR plot but in a way it may be better thought out.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's on cable tv here at late night/early morning viewing on certain channels. Classic stuff.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

bjmdds wrote:2015 is shaping up to be an interesting year for action films, with Star Wars 7, MI:5, Bond 24, and The Avengers 2 all due out. Get the popcorn ready for 3 out of 4 of these.
Star Wars and Bond 24 in the same year? Hmmmm....
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy Birthday Tim.

Bought 2000AD this week for the first time in aaaages. It's a jumping-on issue, with all part 1s of the various stories. One of the strips is called Dandridge, set in the 1980s in a parallel world where the economy is built on the trading of otherworldly beings like ghosts and faeries. The titular character, an undead ghostfinder, is first seen in Monte Carlo, where he has just won Roger Moore's Bentley in a bet by successfully opening a gateway to the aethereal realm using only a pair of salad tongs. Just thought I'd share that with y'all.
I used to be obsessed with a 1980's story where there was a rubbish/trash problem and it was solved by blasting it into space. I'm sure it was in 2000ad but maybe I'm going insane.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: I used to be obsessed with a 1980's story where there was a rubbish/trash problem and it was solved by blasting it into space. I'm sure it was in 2000ad but maybe I'm going insane.
Was that the one with Inspector Raam, the genetically modified sheep-cop?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The G4 network seems to really like the Bond films,they're always showing 'em-even the spoof CR with David Niven! :shock:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct MP. I have been watching them every night in order. I just came across this post on another website: http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t22 ... lking-dead Does anyone know who this poster is? :?: :?: :?: :?:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:Correct MP. I have been watching them every night in order. I just came across this post on another website: http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t22 ... lking-dead Does anyone know who this poster is? :?: :?: :?: :?:
She used to post on MI6 as Dog Bond.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

You should join Bondandbeyond BJ - your old "CraignotBond crew member" Gravity's Silhouette is there. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Correct MP. I have been watching them every night in order. I just came across this post on another website: http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t22 ... lking-dead Does anyone know who this poster is? :?: :?: :?: :?:
She used to post on MI6 as Dog Bond.
I found it hard to watch the video, as I was too distracted by her avatar :twisted:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:up: :up: :lol: :up: :up:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I like Dog Bond-she's a Duran Duran fan and sent me links to new Duran music when I posted at MI6.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: