The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image It's the longest delay between films now for the same actor, which will be 5 years :!: Unheard of :!: Thanks guys for prolonging Cr-egg's tenure to 15 years as well, since October 2005 through 2020 :!: :roll: The 2020 film calendar got a shuffle on Friday afternoon. MGM has moved its next James Bond film to April 8, 2020, from its previous date of Feb. 14, 2020. There is nothing else currently slated for that release date. It now occupies territory that was once close to the next Fast and Furious installment, which until Friday had been set to open April 10, 2020. In addition to MGM's Bond move, Universal pushed back the release date for its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to May 22, 2020, from its original April date. Universal is distributing the next James Bond film, so this appears to be a coordinated effort. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/movienew ... ar-BBTEEjO
I wonder if it’s some sort of deal or not, eon has troubled universal over section 6 or whatever the new wonder script Sony lost the bidding war for. I could imagine eon backing off their legal harassment to secure a better release date, but may 22nd is not a good place for a major release anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Bond 25 release date delayed yet again. How long before the dread words "troubled production" start appearing in news stories?

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2636 ... e-delayed/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Go easy Kris on them, they've only had 4 years to get this together and it's not like they've been doing it for over 50 years!

Also love how EON is "excited to announce" the fact they are out of their depth and had to push back their release date yet again!
I’m not surprised it’s pushed back again they don’t have their head in the game at all. Wouldnt be surprised if eon is phoning it in to make babs happy enough to retire .

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Every time I try to get away, they keep pulling me back in!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Wouldnt be surprised if eon is phoning it in to make babs happy enough to retire .
As you know Big O they've been phoning it in for years, why should this be any different?!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote: Wouldnt be surprised if eon is phoning it in to make babs happy enough to retire .
As you know Big O they've been phoning it in for years, why should this be any different?!
true but this time they can’t even manage enthusiasm to post new talking points, even the hack reporters they pay to drum up interest are falling flat.
Best thing they could do is pull the movie at this point and start fresh but babs will never go that to her precioums Craig who’s bit the hand that feeds him so many times he doesn’t get much work outside bond

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Craig who’s bit the hand that feeds him so many times he doesn’t get much work outside bond

That and the fact he's a terrible actor who's one expression is "caught sucking on lemon."
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote: Craig who’s bit the hand that feeds him so many times he doesn’t get much work outside bond

That and the fact he's a terrible actor who's one expression is "caught sucking on lemon."
[video][/video] Danny boy can do this in his sleep DB :!: EON's screen test :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Is Lea Seydoux really coming back for the next movie?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:Is Lea Seydoux really coming back for the next movie?
Apparently so.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Apparently so.

Whoopie. Another round of lacksture scenes between her and Craig. :clap:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Apparently so.

Assuming they don't fridge her in the opening scenes.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Apparently so.

Assuming they don't fridge her in the opening scenes.

That's true. It wouldn't be a surprise since they are so out of ideas.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's quite disturbing to see the number of Bond fans positively salivating at the prospect - "Oh boy, it looks like they're going to do the exact same thing they did 50 years ago. Can't wait!" And we're the old-fashioned stick-in-the-muds who refuse to embrace change?
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:It's quite disturbing to see the number of Bond fans positively salivating at the prospect - "Oh boy, it looks like they're going to do the exact same thing they did 50 years ago. Can't wait!" And we're the old-fashioned stick-in-the-muds who refuse to embrace change?

It is disturbing Kris, but its nothing new. Just the usual sycophantic groveling by the "true fans" who knee before EON's alter no matter how poor the idea.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Of course, they are entitled to wanting to see same old thing over and over after all Craig is showing us true Bond as Fleming always imagined him to be, he was rolling around in his grave during those horrible Moore and Brosnan years. I am sure he would be thrilled to see the whole Brofeld soap opera.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:It's quite disturbing to see the number of Bond fans positively salivating at the prospect - "Oh boy, it looks like they're going to do the exact same thing they did 50 years ago. Can't wait!" And we're the old-fashioned stick-in-the-muds who refuse to embrace change?

It is disturbing Kris, but its nothing new. Just the usual sycophantic groveling by the "true fans" who knee before EON's alter no matter how poor the idea.
Some fan boys also love the homages that honestly Craig didn’t pull off. Dipping a girl in chocolate then leaving her in bonds room? I doubt there was villain behind it, poor girl ordered the barrel of Hershey’s chocolate herself. (I know it was supposed to be oil but again it was a poor homage to a greater film and actor)

I’m sort of surprised there are fan boys left going apeshit over the meager offerings eon hands out to “true fans”. The Craig years are full of crap nobody would have accepted from them in the 1960s. In fact if Craig had been the first bond without the image of bond or history of bondmania, nobody would care and he never would have gotten a sequel series.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

‘Bond 25’ Script Will Reportedly Be Overhauled by ‘The Bourne Ultimatum’ Writer Scott Z. Burns :!: :shock: http://collider.com/bond-25-new-writer-scott-z-burns/ Once again, production on Bond 25 has been both shaken and stirred, which a gentleman will tell you is not the correct way to mix a satisfying cocktail. Just a day after word broke that MGM moved the next installment in the super-spy franchise from a Valentine’s Day release date to April 8, 2020, The Playlist reports script-wizard Scott Z. Burns is coming aboard to overhaul the current screenplay by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade..............Since penning Paul Greengrass‘ The Bourne Ultimatum in 2007, the writer has become something of a Hollywood fixer for drafts "in need of punching up" :!:------- Comingsoon.net: "Now The Playlist brings word that ace screenwriter Scott Z. Burns has been hired to do a massive overhaul of the current Bond 25 script by series mainstays Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, which apparently did not satisfy any of the major players involved. Shooting on the sequel is expected to start in April. Burns was reportedly paid handsomely for four weeks of work on the Bond 25 script, from which he may emerge with the main screenplay credit." https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... YlKzz4v.99 Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How are they supposed to start filming when the script is still being “punched up”

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:How are they supposed to start filming when the script is still being “punched up”

It's never stopped them before.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Since penning Paul Greengrass‘ The Bourne Ultimatum in 2007, the writer has become something of a Hollywood fixer for drafts "in need of punching up"
From what I can remember the Bourne Ultimatum seemed like pretty much a rehash of the first two movies, so I won't hold my breath!
bjmdds wrote:Comingsoon.net: "Now The Playlist brings word that ace screenwriter Scott Z. Burns has been hired to do a massive overhaul of the current Bond 25 script by series mainstays Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, which apparently did not satisfy any of the major players involved.
"Mainstays", well, they're certainly good at staying in place. I still want to know what the Danny Boyle version would've turned out like.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."