The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

I agree with everyone who said this is simply a miscalculated move on BB's part. If Craig were an actor with a force of let's say Johnny Depp at his absolute best then that would be another story but as it is he's a C list actor outside of this franchise who doesn't have any star power or charisma. Paying him an awful lot of money just so he would come back is simply pointless,it's a shame that people who should see that obviously don't.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Atticus wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Broccoli has foolishly miscalculated this move. The 'general' public is no longer fascinated with Cr-egg as Bond
Yeah, I get that sentiment from a lot of people. In discussions about movies and this summer's dead box office, the subject usually goes into future films, and I hear people typically say that the Bond franchise needs a new actor.

This next one is already starting to remind of AVTAK. Like Moore, Craig is over-staying in the role, the rumored plot is a tired retread, and you've got the same gang cranking out the screenplay. You get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Right now, the series is stale. I don't know, maybe Eon's internal market research showed that the new generation of movie-goers would fawn over a 50-year-old hero who looks like a broken-down mule.
Yes I agree with this. The Bond franchise is stale now and needs a boost with a new actor, new writers, and a new production team. Someone should pull out all the stops in getting Chris Nolan to direct the next film, but I doubt Babs will do it. She doesn't want to hire a director who is the bigger than the franchise will allow, and run circles around the producers.

This does feel like Craig's AVTAK or DAF - an actor who has ran the course and hitting his sell-by-date.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Sweeney, how are things? It's hard to believe it's been 12 years that this farce has been going on, and it will still continue for the foreseeable future until Broccoli's loins are cooled off for Cr-egg. She might bring him back for a 6th as well unless the film underperforms enough for SONY to oust her somehow.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Sweeney, how are things? It's hard to believe it's been 12 years that this farce has been going on, and it will still continue for the foreseeable future until Broccoli's loins are cooled off for Cr-egg. She might bring him back for a 6th as well unless the film underperforms enough for SONY to oust her somehow.
He seemed pretty clear that this was going to be his last. I know he said that last time as well, but that was 2 days after the shoot had finished. This was on a TV show announcing his return.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg: .“I 'think' this is it. I just want to go out on a high note. I can’t wait.”-----------he left the door open again :!:--------------reports are that he was offered $135million (£100million) to return.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

BARCELONA — A van crashed into dozens of people in the center of Barcelona on Thursday, and Spanish media said at least two people were killed. Police said several people were injured and described the incident on Twitter as a "massive crash." A police spokesman said he could not confirm any deaths or that the incident was being treated as terrorism.

Soon after the crash, Spain's El Periodico newspaper reported that two armed men were holed up in a bar in Barcelona's city center, and reported gunfire in the area, although it did not cite the source of the information. It was not immediately clear whether the incidents were connected. Catalan police cannot confirm the motive behind the crash, but have activated attack protocols............my friend and his family were just there 5 weeks ago :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote:
Atticus wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Broccoli has foolishly miscalculated this move. The 'general' public is no longer fascinated with Cr-egg as Bond
Yeah, I get that sentiment from a lot of people. In discussions about movies and this summer's dead box office, the subject usually goes into future films, and I hear people typically say that the Bond franchise needs a new actor.

This next one is already starting to remind of AVTAK. Like Moore, Craig is over-staying in the role, the rumored plot is a tired retread, and you've got the same gang cranking out the screenplay. You get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Right now, the series is stale. I don't know, maybe Eon's internal market research showed that the new generation of movie-goers would fawn over a 50-year-old hero who looks like a broken-down mule.
Yes I agree with this. The Bond franchise is stale now and needs a boost with a new actor, new writers, and a new production team. Someone should pull out all the stops in getting Chris Nolan to direct the next film, but I doubt Babs will do it. She doesn't want to hire a director who is the bigger than the franchise will allow, and run circles around the producers.

This does feel like Craig's AVTAK or DAF - an actor who has ran the course and hitting his sell-by-date.
Sweeney do you think some of Nolan's quirks in story telling will work for Bond? He's a great director no question, one of my favorites right now because he constantly delivers good movies.
But he likes to challenge expectations,even his homages to Bond aren't by the book. Guess that could be a good thing after 60 years of the same thing.

After Dunkirk I thought about inception, interstellar, even the Batman movies he's not a standard movie maker I kind of wonder if his take on bond might upset the standard meat and potato bond fans. I doubt he'd film a Bond movie out of sequence or in nauseavision, but he has a certain style and flare he likes to include in his movies.
In another way he's doing what the Bond directors did in the 60s pushing the envelope so maybe to revitalize the franchise he should be allowed to make Bond his own.

BTW directors and their egos IMO Josh Whedon left Marvel, to become what might be the only saving grace of justice league. Because I think he wanted a star wars film, hell why didn't they tap him for adventures of Han Solo, he made serenity which was essentially Han Solo and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tom Cruise broke his ankle on the set of the upcoming "Mission: Impossible 6," causing a halt in filming while the action star known for performing many of his own stunts recovers, Paramount Pictures said on Wednesday.

Paramount said the movie, one of the Viacom unit's biggest franchises, remained on schedule to open on July 27, 2018 despite the setback.

Cruise, 55, was seen in a video on celebrity news website TMZ trying to jump between the roofs of two high-rise buildings and landing hard against a wall during filming in London over the weekend. He was later seen limping off the set. Paramount did not say how long production would be delayed. Hollywood trade paper Variety said filming could be halted anywhere from six weeks to three months while Cruise recovers. Variety said the actor also injured his hip. [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A lawsuit claims that Poland Spring Water is deceiving consumers with evergreen labels that say their bottle contains "100 percent natural spring water" that hails from Maine. The class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court in Connecticut claims that parent company Nestle Waters North America is bottling common groundwater that doesn't meet the federal definition of spring water. :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Without wishing to denigrate Christopher Nolan, I'm not sure that he's the shot in the arm the series needs at this point. After two films directed by Christopher Nolan tribute act Sam Mendes, the genuine article would just be more of the same, only better.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Without wishing to denigrate Christopher Nolan, I'm not sure that he's the shot in the arm the series needs at this point. After two films directed by Christopher Nolan tribute act Sam Mendes, the genuine article would just be more of the same, only better.
good point. I think I'd like his bond movies, but then people thought Bourne bond or high tech bond was a good idea until they got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The depressing thing is that Craig will take a four break and then make another Bond film for 2223, or even the anniversary in 2222.
Bring back Bond!
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Carl Stromberg as 007 ?

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Of course Daniel Craig is the last James Bond and after that the world will collapse.

[video][/video]
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I wonder why Craig chose to come back?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

$135 million reasons Captain :!: $$$$$$$$$ Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I wonder why Craig chose to come back?

Where did you find that footage of Craig counting his millions?!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

dirtybenny wrote:

Daniel Craig posted it on his Twitter.. :twisted:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

Daniel Craig posted it on his Twitter.. :twisted:
LOL! :cheers:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Good to see Sweeney posting again!

*sigh* where to start..I was ANGRY when I heard what happened in Barcelona..WTF is wrong with the world? that sort of thing is happening daily anymore[/steps off soapbox] :P
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: