The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

stockslivevan wrote:That's right BJ, feed on your hatred.
Until that bum is removed from his position as Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/early-buzz-f ... 28855.html Cavill as Bond after this review?
Craig's Bond making history (ranging box office to the Oscars) = The likes of Sheamus and muscular guys as Bond

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/early-buzz-f ... 28855.html Cavill as Bond after this review?
Kind of a double-edged sword, really. If it's typical of the reaction to the film, Henry could be tied up with Superman for a long time to come. Would he be able to do Bond as well?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ford did Indy and Solo........Downey does Holmes and Iron Man........why not? If it turns out huge, and that remains to be seen for any Superman film now to be a box office bonanza, would Henry still be Bond? Absolutely, and if Broccoli ever wakes up and does not go down the path of the "Elbanization" of the Bond character in 2018, she might select him. I know a lady in Italy who has been away on assignment would just RELISH that choice by Eon :!: :happy spin: For now, stick to westerns, ie The Lone Ranger, and ST-2, Ant-Man, The Avengers, Indy-5, The Man Of Steel, etc. Bond in it's current incarnation is worthless and an insult :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Craig's Bond making history (ranging box office to the Oscars) = The likes of Sheamus and muscular guys as Bond

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it's not Sheamus nor an Idris type, Henry could be the man, and I hope you will accept him THEN, in 2018, as the 7th 007. For now, the franchise is corrupt in artistic contempt for Fleming's masterpiece. Sk-awful was NOT a well done plot. It was well received as part of the 50th anniversary "hype", but just like the Oscar tribute to Bond, it will fizzle over time. Get ready FBF in 5 years.........it's a long wait to return to normalcy.....unless Broccoli goes down the "Elbanization" path.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

If Henry is to take over, then Babs should be removed from her position. If she decides to remain as creative consultant in a similar fashion as George Lucas is for the SW sequels, that's fine.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

BJ....I say if Henry is to take over, every DC's Bonds or anything associated with him shall be destroyed as in the DC Bond holocaust or The Great DC Bond Purge. Are you with me on this?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Absolutely :!: And, forget Idris: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=793671
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Cavill won't get the gig. That boat sailed for him a long time ago.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

stockslivevan wrote:Cavill won't get the gig. That boat sailed for him a long time ago.
I agree. I am 100% positive he won't be the next Bond.

The next actor will be someone relatively unknown, not associated with any franchise role. For that I am absolutely certain.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:Cavill won't get the gig. That boat sailed for him a long time ago.
The same can be said with Michael Fassbender.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:

The next actor will be someone relatively unknown, not associated with any franchise role. For that I am absolutely certain.
I might be too except he almost had the role in 2005 if history shows us one thing it's that close contenders get a second chance. Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan all got a second chance after missing out the first time.

I'd like to say he'd be too big a name by the time Craig leaves and he very well could be, I'm not as sure I was then years ago this disqualifies him.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:

Like my second choice, Damien Moloney, perhaps?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Blowfeld wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

I might be too except he almost had the role in 2005 if history shows us one thing it's that close contenders get a second chance. Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan all got a second chance after missing out the first time.

I'd like to say he'd be too big a name by the time Craig leaves and he very well could be, I'm not as sure I was then years ago this disqualifies him.
None of the 3 Bond actors you mentioned above were part of a big movie franchise before they landed Bond. The most we got was Moore as The Saint and Brozza in Remington Steel, both being part of a TV series, which is not on a par with something huge like Superman.

The next actor will be someone relatively unknown, I'm sure of it.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

We have to see if He is part of a big movie franchise first. Sequels and justice league spin offs hang in the balance.

Unknowns are the way they usually go but Brosnan, Dalton, and Moore were pretty well know at the time unlike Lazenby. What should we consider unknown ? Hollywood seems to be Turing out "stars" faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Omega wrote:We have to see if He is part of a big movie franchise first. Sequels and justice league spin offs hang in the balance.

Unknowns are the way they usually go but Brosnan, Dalton, and Moore were pretty well know at the time unlike Lazenby. What should we consider unknown ? Hollywood seems to be Turing out "stars" faster

Out of all the Bonds, I'd say Moore and Brozza were the most well known before taking the part - both having decent success in the TV world.
Connery and Lazenby were unknown, and Dalton and Craig had small roles in bigger movies, but still not very well known. When Craig was chosen the only thing I'd seen him in was Road to Perdition and Layer Cake, and as for Dalton, the only thing I had seen him in was Flash Gordon.

None of the actors were big stars before Bond. The producers definitely wouldn't go with an actor that was already famous in another starring role like Superman or Batman - which is why Bale was ruled out of the running from the very beginning.

And with Superman being a Nolan franchise, I'm fairly sure Cavill will be doing more than one movie as Kal-El.
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

I wonder if Barbara Broccoli has other actors in mind? Cubby Broccoli talked to about 500 actors about playing Bond - although many actors may have over played Cubby's offers for their biographies. :D
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Captain Arthurs wrote:I wonder if Barbara Broccoli has other actors in mind? Cubby Broccoli talked to about 500 actors about playing Bond - although many actors may have over played Cubby's offers for their biographies. :D
I think for the first Bond in 1962, Cubby and Harry only ever really had one guy in mind - and they got him.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote:
Omega wrote:We have to see if He is part of a big movie franchise first. Sequels and justice league spin offs hang in the balance.

Out of all the Bonds, I'd say Moore and Brozza were the most well known before taking the part - both having decent success in the TV world.
Connery and Lazenby were unknown, and Dalton and Craig had small roles in bigger movies, but still not very well known. When Craig was chosen the only thing I'd seen him in was Road to Perdition and Layer Cake, and as for Dalton, the only thing I had seen him in was Flash Gordon.

None of the actors were big stars before Bond. The producers definitely wouldn't go with an actor that was already famous in another starring role like Superman or Batman - which is why Bale was ruled out of the running from the very beginning.

And with Superman being a Nolan franchise, I'm fairly sure Cavill will be doing more than one movie as Kal-El.
What I kind of saying what is unknown today? Even tv stars are well known more IMO than they were a few years ago.

............ :007: