The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:26 pm You trust David Brock???? :hair:
Not really. His simping for Hillary is as bad as, say, Conrad Black's simping for Trump. But he doesn't peddle baseless conspiracy theories, as far as I know.

Anyway, I've just remembered why I deleted your previous anti-vaxxer posts. People have complained to me in the past about this thread being derailed by political stuff, so in future, save it for the Politics forum.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Hollywood Reporter recently caught up with MGM’s Motion Picture Group President to find out about who the next Bond will be. The outlet asked Pamela Abdy: “I might as well get this out of the way. Who is going to be the next 007 now that Daniel Craig is done?” To which, the executive replied: “It’s wide open. We’ve had very early preliminary conversations with Barbara [Broccoli] and Michael [Wilson], but we wanted Daniel to have his last hurrah.” Broccoli has said that Bond 26 will be a “reimagining” and although Fleming’s spy will remain male, she’s happy to consider actors of any race.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm
bjmdds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:26 pm You trust David Brock???? :hair:
Not really. His simping for Hillary is as bad as, say, Conrad Black's simping for Trump. But he doesn't peddle baseless conspiracy theories, as far as I know.

Anyway, I've just remembered why I deleted your previous anti-vaxxer posts. People have complained to me in the past about this thread being derailed by political stuff, so in future, save it for the Politics forum.
People can get vaccines if they choose to, BUT, there should be open discussions about the dangers of doing it vs. not doing, without mandating it be done, without falsely believing there are no risks, which there most definitely are.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new report claims that Elba has been in talks to take on a role in the next James Bond movie, but not as the spy himself. A source said: "Idris has had informal talks with the studio and he has been told there is a role in the next Bond film for him, if he wants it.

"He won’t be the title character, but they do recognise the amount of pull and respect he commands." The source added: "They want to work with him on a completely original character for the next instalment." The source went on to explain: "It is still very early days for the conversations but, so far, it looks like it would be the role of a villain."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Variety.com: NTTD cost more than $250 million to produce, at least $100 million to promote and tens of millions more to postpone over 16 months. Insiders say “No Time to Die” needs to make closer to $900 million to break even, a feat that would have been realistic had a global health crisis not entirely upended the theater industry. As a result, the film now stands to lose $100 million in its theatrical run, according to sources close to production. Other industry sources suggest the losses wouldn’t quite reach the nine-figure mark though they would still be substantial. MGM, the studio behind Bond’s latest adventure, disputes this math. In a statement to Variety, the company insisted “No Time to Die” didn’t just break even but was a money maker. “Unnamed and uninformed sources suggesting the film will lose money are categorically unfounded and put more simply, not true,” MGM spokesperson said in a statement. https://variety.com/2021/film/news/no-t ... 235111919/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:A new report claims that Elba has been in talks to take on a role in the next James Bond movie, but not as the spy himself. A source said: "Idris has had informal talks with the studio and he has been told there is a role in the next Bond film for him, if he wants it.

"He won’t be the title character, but they do recognise the amount of pull and respect he commands." The source added: "They want to work with him on a completely original character for the next instalment." The source went on to explain: "It is still very early days for the conversations but, so far, it looks like it would be the role of a villain."
I read a report saying that he was in talks to play the villain. Personally, I doubt that they are casting the next movie yet, but I suppose it is possible. Without La Diva holding everything up, they may be able to get movies out faster.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, I was wrong. EON have confirmed that they are in "early talks" regarding the next Bond, so talks about other roles are entirely plausible:

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/james ... ewsupdate/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NTTD on Amazon now
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Have yourselves a merry little Christmas:

https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-movi ... explained/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jurassic World Dominion has released a 5 minute prologue:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

.......this is how Broccoli rode Cr-egg off into the sunset.........a long way from Sylvia Trench :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Bond franchise has been in the cinemas for going on 60 years yet Harrison Ford has been Indiana Jones by himself for 40 years now! Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote: NTTD on Amazon now
Is it on Amazon for free? If not it’s the same digital release everyone else has. Or preorder for the Blu-ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Have yourselves a merry little Christmas:

https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-movi ... explained/

Of course it beat the studios expectations, those were revised down because of the pandemic. What surprises me is how the UK and Germany prop up these turkeys. $70 million from Germany and $127million from uk. Everybody else seems low based on past movies.

Now when the talk about profit the $60 million from China only get the studio $15 million, so the $675 with out China, roughly divided in half lets round up to $340 million then we add China $355 million before home video and Blu-ray sales.
$300 million cost plus P&A and the early ad campaigns got to be minimum $150-175 million, easy. Maybe more they were spending something like $130-150 million 19 years ago with brosnan, wish I could find that list we had on the budget with p&a on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Went to see House Of Gucci last weekend and NTTD was down to 2 showings, both at odd times.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In 2002, DAD did $161 million in the USA at the box office. That is equivalent to $247 million in 2021. NTTD might not even reach $160 million in the USA now. In an ironic twist, Brosnan's finale as Bond grossed HIGHER than Cr-egg's in the USA, and by a whopping margin to boot!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 pm Went to see House Of Gucci last weekend and NTTD was down to 2 showings, both at odd times.
I heard Gucci was not good and way too long.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:54 pm
kater23 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 pm Went to see House Of Gucci last weekend and NTTD was down to 2 showings, both at odd times.
I heard Gucci was not good and way too long.
I heard that too, and that for some reason, the cast all adopt hokey cod-Italian "it's a-me, Mario" accents.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Eh, I liked it.And the accents? FakeAF. Agreed.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: