The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:29 pm The film Till, directed by Chinonye Chukwu (Clemency), was receiving its world premiere screening Saturday night at the New York Film Festival at Lincoln Center, ”will open people’s eyes,” Broccoli said following a private screening of Till in London this week. ”I pray that people see it,” added the producer who controls Eon Productions, with Michael G. Wilson, home of the James Bond franchise. Broccoli was worried, she said because the racial climate in the United States ”feels worse now than it did 20 years ago. A lot of it is Donald Trump, isn’t it? He’s made it so that people can openly deny this happened.”---------now the celery driven idiot has the derangement? You can see where her thought processes are going forward with HER next Bond.
Thank you your majesty for yet again shoehorning your politics into entertainment. I don't remember her father addressing former U.S. presidents Richard Nixon and his shenanigans or Jimmy Carter running the economy into the ground. I must apologize to the rest of the world for having to hear about U.S. politics every waking hour, BTW doesn't she live in England now, why is she (and everyone in media for that matter) invoking a guy who hasn't been relevant for 2 years? She is right though, things do feel worse now than they did 20 years ago thanks to people of Babz' ilk who have imbued everything on earth with their personal political ideology. Remember the old adage "never talk politics or religion?" I wish we could get back to those days.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DB, these Hollywood producers seem REQUIRED to have the same political mindsets in order to move forward, for fear of retribution if they do not. I doubt many of these nitwits even believe what they say but they feel compelled to express it. Broccoli's 'wokeness' will be on full display with her next Bond selection. It should not take 2 years to figure out where her dead Bond storyline will pick up in order to then scour the universe for another actor to portray the role. Maybe she herself feels the Bond franchise died with the last film. Amazon won't agree and she knows it. The truth is her heart will not be into any future films so why doesn't she just resign herself to the fact that it is her time to get lost! MGW is basically done with it now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg was cut out of the last Dr. Strange movie. He was set to portray Thor's half brother, Balder The Brave! He looks more like Baldie The Buffoon! Image :ROFL:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Bond film producer Michael G. Wilson, who runs Eon Productions with Barbara Broccoli, has revealed that a seduction scene from the 1963 thriller From Russia With Love is always used to test those aspiring to play Ian Fleming’s ruthless spy. During an ‘In Conversation’ event at London’s British Film Institute to celebrate 60 years of James Bond, Wilson noted that they always need a good actress to play opposite the actor participating in the audition. “We always use the same scene … and that’s the one in From Russia With Love ,where Bond comes back to his room after the assassination, and he starts taking off his shirt, goes into the room to bathe. Then he hears something, takes his gun, goes in and the girl’s in the bed,” he told the audience at the BFI on Friday night. Later, Wilson spoke to Deadline and reiterated a point he made to us several months ago: ”It’s a whole new world. We’ve got to see what happens with Amazon. But there’ll always be a Bond.” He also stressed that casting has not started for the new 007, ”No matter what others tell you.” -------I bet Broccoli wanted to be the actress in Cr-egg's audition scene.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I thought it was common knowledge that the FRWL scene was used to audition new Bonds.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Brozza sings again! Unused track (can't imagine why) from the 60 years of Bond concert:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Asked on this anniversary of the 1962 release of Dr. No, with Sean Connery in the lead role, the pair were asked what made that first Bond film so special and the herald of a 60-year franchise. Wade admired Connery’s charismatic presence, but he added: “There are other really basic things, like the editing. It’s hard now to remember how revolutionary the editing was: it completely changed how a certain kind of film was made.

“If you look at Dr. No now – the colours, the cutting, the cinematography, the locations and of course the wonderful music – it still leaps off the screen at you.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Hagrid/Valentin Zukovsky: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:RIP Hagrid/Valentin Zukovsky: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

RIP
Two none potter fact about him come to mind.
At least here in the states every body is all about potter, so far I don’t see many mentions of cracker, which was kind of cutting edge police drama for the time.

Also the celebrity auction with Craig , Babs won the auction to kiss Craig and Robbie gives her a sloppy kiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I did see a lot more cracker mentions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The only name the producers came back to was Sean Connery. When he met the producers, Connery had turned up looking unkempt and disinterested, and thrown his weight around to telegraph some machismo. As he left, Broccoli and Saltzman watched him walk to his car. “He moved,” Broccoli remembered, “like a jungle cat.”

Connery’s rough edges made an impression. “To be candid, all the British actors lacked the degree of masculinity Bond demanded,” Broccoli wrote in his autobiography. “I was convinced he was the closest we could get to Fleming’s superhero.” https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/mal ... saster-dr/
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:05 am The only name the producers came back to was Sean Connery. When he met the producers, Connery had turned up looking unkempt and disinterested, and thrown his weight around to telegraph some machismo. As he left, Broccoli and Saltzman watched him walk to his car. “He moved,” Broccoli remembered, “like a jungle cat.”

Connery’s rough edges made an impression. “To be candid, all the British actors lacked the degree of masculinity Bond demanded,” Broccoli wrote in his autobiography. “I was convinced he was the closest we could get to Fleming’s superhero.” https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/mal ... saster-dr/
Unfortunately that's what Babz thought she was doing with Dan, problem was his false machismo was just that false.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

As part of the BBC's centenary celebrations, Harry Enfield has created a spoof documentary directed by one Daniel Kleinman. That name seems familiar somehow.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The buffoon is honored? The late Queen Elizabeth made Cr-egg a Companion of the Order of St. Michael and St. George in January. On Tuesday Cr-egg received his honor from the Queen's daughter, Princess Anne, at an investiture ceremony held at Windsor Castle. :hair:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

:^o): That is all.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Wasn't this announced ages ago? I'm getting a strange feeling of deja vu with this story.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

He showed up to receive his trinket yesterday by the royalty. Look how Broccoli has elevated this youth in life :!: Where would he be without her? Probably a drunk in a local dive bar in between minor acting roles.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Friend of my mom’s is flying to ca ca Cairo to go on a Nile river cruise.Wish I was going with!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:He showed up to receive his trinket yesterday by the royalty. Look how Broccoli has elevated this youth in life :!: Where would he be without her? Probably a drunk in a local dive bar in between minor acting roles.
Youth? His adult daughter was papped snogging Dwayne Johnson at the Black Adam premiere: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... e-28274909

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:53 pm
bjmdds wrote:He showed up to receive his trinket yesterday by the royalty. Look how Broccoli has elevated this youth in life :!: Where would he be without her? Probably a drunk in a local dive bar in between minor acting roles.
Youth? His adult daughter was papped snogging Dwayne Johnson at the Black Adam premiere: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... e-28274909

Spell checker changed it to youth------YUTZ is what I meant. Image His daughter could be the next Bond if Broccoli desires it, to keep it in her family.