The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Almost something I'd write...Here
Wow. That’s a synopsis of the last 12 years of this forum.
What caught my eye was the unintelligent comment, especially in 2006-7 Craig was supposed to be the great detective. Showing more intelligence and real world spying skill than Brosnan could ever be capable of. But many of us said Craig appeared ape like, a stuntman’s double grunting about.

Now I’m reminded of another 2006 gem, about how athletic Craig was and how he does his own stunts even though in CR it was never true, plenty of poorly patched together scenes where it’s obviously a stunt man not Craig. Craig even refuses to make the love scenes, we know because he complained, that and those scenes were better acted with more passion than Craig is capable of. Now if anyone would make a statement about Craig doing his own stunts it’d be laughable because Craig is off the set more than on, with a guy in a mask taking his place filming large parts of the movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Craig's Bond a great detective and spy? No, not really. A great spy doesn't quit his job every five days. And comparing his track record to Brosnan's Bond who, if I remember well, did some "detective/real life spying" work in every movie isn't doing him big favours.
And in love scenes he's as passionate as Herr Flick from Allo Allo.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Craig said Bond 25 is his last film, but added, “apparently.”

While GMB’s Ross King revealed Broccoli is trying to convince Craig to do one more 007 movie after Bond 25.

He said: “When I was asking her about it [being Daniel’s final Bond film], she said, ‘I’m in complete denial’.” :Bonk:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Christ, somone should really hit her with a bottle. Her words are emberrassing, she is acting sillier than a 12 year old school girl with a crush.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

It's a recurring nightmare.

Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Aren’t they ripping off November man and Bourne ? That’s what that picture of Felix and Craig reminded me of

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Avengers endgame opening weekend was $357,115,007

Thought it was interesting because of the 007.
Goldeneye had $26,205,007, I always assumed cubby threw in the $7 bucks for symbolism.

Maybe it’s a sign the next 007 has already been cast?. ;)

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Craig said Bond 25 is his last film, but added, “apparently.”

While GMB’s Ross King revealed Broccoli is trying to convince Craig to do one more 007 movie after Bond 25.

He said: “When I was asking her about it [being Daniel’s final Bond film], she said, ‘I’m in complete denial’.” :Bonk:

On the one hand I get it, she doesn't want to dump cold water on this film before it even gets started by talking beyond it to the next. However like Veronica said the pre-teen schoolgirl act is wearing very thin (not that it was ever welcome).

Now, if she truly is thinking about bringing this crumb back, the shareholders need to start proceedings to wrest the company from her as mentally unfit to run it! Everyone and I mean everyone wants to move on and she should have done it before this film. Not to mention this geezer will be at least 56 by the time they shoot the next! Moore was that age on his last, but he always looked younger than he was, while Craig has never been burdened with that particular affliction.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Aren’t they ripping off November man and Bourne ? That’s what that picture of Felix and Craig reminded me of

Yes, very Bourne Supremacy and since they ripped that scene off in SF I guess they're ripping off their ripoff? Would that make it an inception of ripoffs? Hey maybe since they're filming in snowy Norway they can throw together a scene that rips off that film too!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Find out it all was a dream

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I do the miss the old days.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:Aren’t they ripping off November man and Bourne ? That’s what that picture of Felix and Craig reminded me of

Yes, very Bourne Supremacy and since they ripped that scene off in SF I guess they're ripping off their ripoff? Would that make it an inception of ripoffs? Hey maybe since they're filming in snowy Norway they can throw together a scene that rips off that film too!
Ripception? :mrgreen:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The question is, even if they hire someone suitable for Bond next will they go back to good old 007 adventures or will they continue with this boring claptrap about Bond's difficult childhood and his emotional vulnerability or whatever the hell they are dealing with here. I'd wanna see Cavill/Turner/someone like them being awesome spies not sad wrecks who just mop around.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Veronica wrote:The question is, even if they hire someone suitable for Bond next will they go back to good old 007 adventures or will they continue with this boring claptrap about Bond's difficult childhood and his emotional vulnerability or whatever the hell they are dealing with here. I'd wanna see Cavill/Turner/someone like them being awesome spies not sad wrecks who just mop around.
Precisely. We've seen Cavill pulling the awesome spy character off in an absolute perfection of an effect in The Man from UNCLE and showed his gritty side as well as physical capabilities in Mission: Impossible - Fallout. He's born to be Bond. But, as it goes, Barbara Broccoli will hire someone who would satisfy her fantasies while dressing the character in a drag, whine and cry every five seconds in contrast to the "toxic masculinity" of the other Bonds.

It's safe to say the franchise will no longer bring back that Bond of old, especially with the current producers at the helm.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The only problem I have with Cavill is him overdoing gym sessions. He looks too sturdy now IMO, he lost the slenderness he had before.
I am not an expert on these things so I don't know if he can get back to the level he was on during Tudors.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:Ripception? :mrgreen:
LOL!

Veronica wrote:The question is, even if they hire someone suitable for Bond next will they go back to good old 007 adventures or will they continue with this boring claptrap about Bond's difficult childhood and his emotional vulnerability or whatever the hell they are dealing with here. I'd wanna see Cavill/Turner/someone like them being awesome spies not sad wrecks who just mop around.

That is indeed the question V. It's why you won't find me breaking into a rousing rendition of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" if, not when Craig leaves. I'll be reserving my judgement until Bond 26, Bond 27 or Bond 34 whichever one finally doesn't feature the craggy one to determine whether they've returned to form or if we're still stuck with the soap opera drama which The Saint referred to as "Days of Our Spies.".
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli has now revealed that no decision has been made yet on Craig's future and they will revisit it once the latest blockbuster is in the can. In an interview on UK TV show 'Lorraine', she said: "He's so much a part of the whole process, we'll make a great movie and then see what happens." Weighing in on the discussion, she said: 'Well I don't want to say farewell to Daniel, I hope he wants to do another one’. :Bonk: Image Image
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Broccoli, you absolute lunatic :picard: This can not be tolerated any longer.