The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Egh... Dull. Why is the director more handsome than Bond himself?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The shy comments remind me of the crap he pulled after skyfall I think it was where he’s supposed to introduce some Land Rover or something, got paid millions to do it and is there for less than five minutes before stomping off.

He’s been a crap interview concerning bond since the start. One of the first cold him a cold fish.

Maybe it’s because he can’t say what he thinks or really feels. Before bond in interviews on smaller movies he was more animated and interesting, could be just a act and this is the real Craig, a sullen jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/25/theres-a ... -bond-set/

The 25th James Bond film just launched in Jamaica and there’s already trouble in paradise over the title and plot – however Page Six has learned that famed Bond villains Grace Jones and Christoph Waltz will return in cameo roles. While Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris (Moneypenny) Ben Whishaw (Q) and Léa Seydoux (Madeleine Swann from Spectre) were formally announced on Thursday as returning for Daniel Craig’s swan song as 007, with Oscar winner Rami Malek newly signed as a villain – the movie has no title and no finalized script.

And rather like grumpy Craig himself (who famously said he’d rather “slash his wrists” than return as 007 after 2015’s insipid “Spectre”), Bond 25 opens with a retired 007 who appears to be just as unwilling to go back into her Majesty’s Secret Service, living in “his spiritual home” of Jamaica with Swann.

A source close to Bond 25 said, “They don’t have a script, there’s no title, it is nearly five years since the last Bond. It starts with a retired Bond living in wedded bliss, but the rest of the script is still being worked over. They rolled out the cast this week at Ian Fleming’s villa in Jamaica because if they wait much longer Daniel Craig, who is 51, will be too old, and then he really won’t do the film.”

Brief details of the plot find Bond called back into action when his CIA cohort Felix Leiter, played by Jeffrey Wright, turns up asking for help to rescue a kidnapped scientist. It has been rumored that the plot would also touch heavily on the dangers of powerful tech or social media platforms falling into nefarious hands.

The source added of curmudgeonly Craig’s return, “Everyone on the production side detests working with Daniel, he’s so difficult and makes things impossible. But [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli thinks he walks on water, and only her opinion matters.”

However Page Six can reveal there are some surprises in the works to inject life into Bond 25 – including a cameo role for “View To A Kill” femme fatale Grace Jones (likely not as her murderous character May Day, who was killed by a bomb in the 1985 classic). Plus there is a currently scheduled brief return of Christoph Waltz as Blofeld, the villain captured alive at the end of “Spectre.” However Malek’s character will reign as the key villain in Bond 25.

The source continued it was also likely that Swann would be killed off in Bond 25 in a nod to Diana Rigg’s role as Bond’s wife murdered by Blofeld in 1969’s “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.” Plus “Fleabag” creator and star Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the writing force behind the fantastic female-led twisted BBC and Netflix spy drama “Killing Eve,” was brought in by Craig himself at the 11th hour to join the writing team and inject the script with killer wit.

Finally, Bond 25’s working title, “Shatterhand” (an alias historically used by Blofeld) has been scrapped after it leaked a few months ago, sparking sneers because that was also the title of a primitive punch-up, shoot-em-up ’90s Nintendo game.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

This is from the official promotional campaign. :picard:

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

That Page Six article almost reads like one of my rants! It seems Bond fandom has finally turned on Mr. Craig.

James wrote:This is from the official promotional campaign. :picard:

He even looks bored in his promotional photo, come on Craig making millions can't be that bad, no matter how much it cramps your "artistic style"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

This film has been shooting itself in the foot ever since its mastermind started putting the plans on.

The sooner we are through with this era, the better.

They can't even do their own marketing right!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Why is anyone even bothering making this movie?It all just sounds so life-less, so lacking in imagination and will it would be funny if it wasn't sad.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Even this morning's Metro called the press conference "enthusiasm-dampening" and said that even beforehand, Bond 25 was "the movie that nobody wanted". For those who don't know, Metro is a free, advertising-funded newspaper given out to commuters on buses and trains in the UK. Unlike Page Six, which prides itself on being slightly scurrilous, Metro is deliberately designed to be as bland and inoffensive as possible, a quick digest of the morning's headlines to read on the way to work. So for them to attack a major movie like that is a bit like being savaged by a labradoodle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The source added of curmudgeonly Craig’s return, “Everyone on the production side detests working with Daniel, he’s so difficult and makes things impossible. But [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli thinks he walks on water, and only her opinion matters.”--------this statement confirms everything that has been said here for the past 14 years :!:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:The source added of curmudgeonly Craig’s return, “Everyone on the production side detests working with Daniel, he’s so difficult and makes things impossible. But [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli thinks he walks on water, and only her opinion matters.”--------this statement confirms everything that has been said here for the past 14 years :!:
A prima donna!
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I finally figured out the genius behind EON not having a script, it's to avoid another email hack. You can't steal what doesn't exist!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

looks like a medical advertisement or suicide hot line poster

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

My gut feeling after flea bag writer was roped in by Craig is they might be trying some sort of spy who loved me but using Fleming’s original story he forbid ever be made. So most of the movie will be what’s her face mrs bonds POV complete with flash backs

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:

Has portraying playboy super spy James Bond got you down? Are your artistic sensibilities offended by your latest project? Don't slash your wrists, phone it in to 1-800-BIG-PAYDAY.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:https://pagesix.com/2019/04/25/theres-a ... -bond-set/

The 25th James Bond film just launched in Jamaica and there’s already trouble in paradise over the title and plot – however Page Six has learned that famed Bond villains Grace Jones and Christoph Waltz will return in cameo roles. While Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris (Moneypenny) Ben Whishaw (Q) and Léa Seydoux (Madeleine Swann from Spectre) were formally announced on Thursday as returning for Daniel Craig’s swan song as 007, with Oscar winner Rami Malek newly signed as a villain – the movie has no title and no finalized script.

And rather like grumpy Craig himself (who famously said he’d rather “slash his wrists” than return as 007 after 2015’s insipid “Spectre”), Bond 25 opens with a retired 007 who appears to be just as unwilling to go back into her Majesty’s Secret Service, living in “his spiritual home” of Jamaica with Swann.

A source close to Bond 25 said, “They don’t have a script, there’s no title, it is nearly five years since the last Bond. It starts with a retired Bond living in wedded bliss, but the rest of the script is still being worked over. They rolled out the cast this week at Ian Fleming’s villa in Jamaica because if they wait much longer Daniel Craig, who is 51, will be too old, and then he really won’t do the film.”

Brief details of the plot find Bond called back into action when his CIA cohort Felix Leiter, played by Jeffrey Wright, turns up asking for help to rescue a kidnapped scientist. It has been rumored that the plot would also touch heavily on the dangers of powerful tech or social media platforms falling into nefarious hands.

The source added of curmudgeonly Craig’s return, “Everyone on the production side detests working with Daniel, he’s so difficult and makes things impossible. But [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli thinks he walks on water, and only her opinion matters.”

However Page Six can reveal there are some surprises in the works to inject life into Bond 25 – including a cameo role for “View To A Kill” femme fatale Grace Jones (likely not as her murderous character May Day, who was killed by a bomb in the 1985 classic). Plus there is a currently scheduled brief return of Christoph Waltz as Blofeld, the villain captured alive at the end of “Spectre.” However Malek’s character will reign as the key villain in Bond 25.

The source continued it was also likely that Swann would be killed off in Bond 25 in a nod to Diana Rigg’s role as Bond’s wife murdered by Blofeld in 1969’s “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.” Plus “Fleabag” creator and star Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the writing force behind the fantastic female-led twisted BBC and Netflix spy drama “Killing Eve,” was brought in by Craig himself at the 11th hour to join the writing team and inject the script with killer wit.

Finally, Bond 25’s working title, “Shatterhand” (an alias historically used by Blofeld) has been scrapped after it leaked a few months ago, sparking sneers because that was also the title of a primitive punch-up, shoot-em-up ’90s Nintendo game.
Wow it is almost like a DB rant.
Confirms what we thought we knew all along. Interesting how they want to put out there the rest of eon detests Craig which falls in line with the 2010-11 rumor of some in eon wanting to scrap Craig and reboot for a new decade

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: A prima donna!
Or prima Danno.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Endgame looks like a perfect monster storm, weird babs chose this as the moment to try to steal the spot light, the entertainment reporters don’t need any fodder to fill the pages right now,

also nobody seems to care if bond 25 gets made, just from my movie groups it’s not getting a positive reaction, I’m sure it’ll still sell tickets just because of the brand but the reaction i see is people underwhelmed by the announcement. And disappointed by the lack of any real reason to care from the announcement, bond retired again, in his spiritual home? I’m sure babs thinks she’s got her finger on the pulse of fans with that crap, maybe a few are moved by it. I just don’t see anyone not a super fanboy giving a d**n.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:

Has portraying playboy super spy James Bond got you down? Are your artistic sensibilities offended by your latest project? Don't slash your wrists, phone it in to 1-800-BIG-PAYDAY.
very Alfred E Newman like as well.

I’ve seen more cheer from guys on tv selling catheters.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Almost something I'd write...Here
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Everything's great besides calling Spectre a decent movie.
CR is dull as hell but I know that movie is held in high regard.