The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:The snaps show Craig’s stunt double wearing a creme suit and harness as he jumped off a 150ft tall bridge at Gravina in Puglia, Italy.

The Sun’s Bond insider said: “A stunt double was used for the risky action which will leave fans doubting the spy’s survival in the franchise."

“It’s one of the riskiest moves writers have ever made and will provide a nail-biting ending to the film.”

Wow that is a risky move! Like nothing we've ever seen in the franchise before!

Oops!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Different colored suit DB. :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Um, my just be me. But eon seems desperate to get any buzz going. The story points that ordinarily would teasers or revelations for the theater experience are dangled as click bait. IMHO they are desperate for anyone to care. The or department leaks, hires or buys print/blog space with obvious lines that are meant to generate interest, and would if it were marvel.

Craig’s era has been rehash after rehash. They release still of Craig mimicking now classic poses Connery or Moore did hopping to evoke the memory of truly great bonds instead of creating their own moment, same for the movies they copy scenes from much better movies, the only iconic moment is Craig’s Bond girl out of the sea moment in CR, which was stolen from dr no and dad.
They slightest bit of praise eon copies again and again trying to recapture the “magic” when critics praised them. How many bond begins, how many this is when bond becomes bond moments are they trying to create?
This worked in skyfall = lets copy it again.

I don’t feel audiences or movie geeks are concerned with how Craig gets out of retirement to get his mojo back all to quit again. I could be horribly wrong and this will be another critic darling lovefest. But what I feel from my connection with online movie community is apathy and a willingness to counter the counter culture that made Craig’s bond the establishments 007 and tarred and feathers Dalton, Moore and brosnan for having done a good job for 40 years with a family of idiots running the franchise

Like I say i’m probably wrong and I’m obviously in the group of people here who’ve given up on bond. But still with true excitement about the future of many fun franchises, true news true developments compared to describing the sexy black 007, and a horrible stunt possibly depicting the death of a moody man of action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Um, my just be me. But eon seems desperate to get any buzz going. The story points that ordinarily would teasers or revelations for the theater experience are dangled as click bait. IMHO they are desperate for anyone to care. The or department leaks, hires or buys print/blog space with obvious lines that are meant to generate interest, and would if it were marvel.

Craig’s era has been rehash after rehash. They release still of Craig mimicking now classic poses Connery or Moore did hopping to evoke the memory of truly great bonds instead of creating their own moment, same for the movies they copy scenes from much better movies, the only iconic moment is Craig’s Bond girl out of the sea moment in CR, which was stolen from dr no and dad.
They slightest bit of praise eon copies again and again trying to recapture the “magic” when critics praised them. How many bond begins, how many this is when bond becomes bond moments are they trying to create?
This worked in skyfall = lets copy it again.

I don’t feel audiences or movie geeks are concerned with how Craig gets out of retirement to get his mojo back all to quit again. I could be horribly wrong and this will be another critic darling lovefest. But what I feel from my connection with online movie community is apathy and a willingness to counter the counter culture that made Craig’s bond the establishments 007 and tarred and feathers Dalton, Moore and brosnan for having done a good job for 40 years with a family of idiots running the franchise

Like I say i’m probably wrong and I’m obviously in the group of people here who’ve given up on bond. But still with true excitement about the future of many fun franchises, true news true developments compared to describing the sexy black 007, and a horrible stunt possibly depicting the death of a moody man of action

On the nose Big O, EON has always been so tight lipped on the recent films, acting as if they are the real MI6, but with better security. Now suddenly major plot points are spilling faster than the Exxon Valdez and in neat pre-written packages extolling the virtues of each bit of trick writing news, I say something's rotten in EONmark.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Also, wasn't QOS originally going to end on a cliffhanger? I think it appears as a deleted scene on the DVD.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Also, wasn't QOS originally going to end on a cliffhanger? I think it appears as a deleted scene on the DVD.

qos was also supposed to be the first direct continuation, with supposedly scenes filmed during CR to be used as the opening sequence. They also wanted Martin Campbell back to keep their success going and it was babs who wanted a 2007 release date.

Babs had no plan beyond a big show of rebooting, these were supposed to be prequels to the original series and they were never going to touch the third rail of remaking old bond movies.

She went reboot because it was popular at the time as was prequel. But she followed Bourne and the MI series which always make less than bond while stealing from the Batman dark knight series when it was fresh.
Problem with the series wasn’t the actors or the writers it was the incompetent producers who didn’t have a clue how to run a production company

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Broccoli's eternal fantasy is walking down the aisle with her muse :!: "With this ring, I thee bed" :!: 14 years of this madness can be explained by this one photograph :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image It's unreal Turner, age 36, has not been signed to play Bond already :!:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:...these were supposed to be prequels to the original series and they were never going to touch the third rail of remaking old bond movies.
I remember that, I remember because I bought that BS. After SF I finally realized it was nothing but lip service and had enough, that's about the time I found this site.

Omega wrote:Problem with the series wasn’t the actors or the writers it was the incompetent producers who didn’t have a clue how to run a production company
I'm not willing to let one particular actor who now holds a producer credit and two writers who've been turning out garbage scripts in this series for over 20 years off the hook completely. However, I totally agree, ultimately it comes down to Babz and Co. for bringing in these clowns and allowing the shenanigans to continue.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Not going to let Craig off the hook, my thought was of the fanboys the fan boys who blamed brosnan, Dalton and Moore for anything less than great movie when the Broccoli family was actually the reason we didn’t get four goldeneye quality movies in a row from brosnan.

babs problem is she threw bond legacy away to chase Bourne lite with Craig, all these years later she’s still on that same page and the world has passed on Jason Bourne and the spin off with Craig’s wife and Craig’s look alike Hawkeye.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Not going to let Craig off the hook, my thought was of the fanboys the fan boys who blamed brosnan, Dalton and Moore for anything less than great movie when the Broccoli family was actually the reason we didn’t get four goldeneye quality movies in a row from brosnan.

babs problem is she threw bond legacy away to chase Bourne lite with Craig, all these years later she’s still on that same page and the world has passed on Jason Bourne and the spin off with Craig’s wife and Craig’s look alike Hawkeye.

I'm picking up what you're putting down Big O, I've been saying for years Babz is out of her depth as a producer. You can see the steady downward trajectory since Goldeneye to now, in fact my two recent rants cover that from the point of view of the female characters.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Craig told her she had to be willing to damage her brand when he took the job, you know cause he a serious actor who even though never went to bond movies knew her movies were junk and how to fix them. And I think they have damaged the brand, I know she think it’s no big deal to rebrand it and start over but cubby almost lost the franchise 3 or 4 times.

The only thing she’s doing like cubby is hold on to her star actor well past the time to let them go in as he did with Moore.
If he hurts the franchise with this other 007, and possibly killing bond off, then restarting might be too little too late

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

It's even more laughable that so far, the second unit is doing most of the groundwork and the stunt doubles are all over the scouted locations filming what would be the pieces of the real actors. They're going to CGI the heck out of the movie, and it's going to look horrendous. Anybody remembers the rooftop chase from 2012's abomination?

And for the seriously acclaimed film and TV director that they're making him out to be, Fukunaga isn't anywhere to be spotted. Is he just handling the "dramatic" visuals while Alexander Witt is directing the rest?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: And for the seriously acclaimed film and TV director that they're making him out to be, Fukunaga isn't anywhere to be spotted. Is he just handling the "dramatic" visuals while Alexander Witt is directing the rest?
We can hope.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hadn't seen this clip before. I definitely had something in my eye after watching it:

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Joanna Lumley has said that James Bond needs to remain male, though she seems to be under the impression that Lashanna Lynch is playing Bond: https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/29/joanna-l ... -10652696/

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:I hadn't seen this clip before. I definitely had something in my eye after watching it:

[video][/video]
I listened to this. You must have heard of it as it had a Doctor Who and Peter Cushing connection.

https://www.thesoundofvincentprice.com/ ... adio-play/
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I hadn't seen this clip before. I definitely had something in my eye after watching it:

[video][/video]
I listened to this. You must have heard of it as it had a Doctor Who and Peter Cushing connection.

https://www.thesoundofvincentprice.com/ ... adio-play/
No, I was completely unaware of this. I must listen to it some time.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Previously on No Time to Die....
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/30/bond-25- ... -10657804/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

As the bond turns

I’d be surprised if anything half decent comes out of this.

Weird thing is there are more rumors about director not showing up and second units being in charge