The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

He looks unnatural big O, like a preserved corpse, but the reality is that is his normal look :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Check out @mrmarkmillar's Tweet:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Kristatos wrote:Check out @mrmarkmillar's Tweet:
Thanks for sharing this. Interesting comments from people. A sense of ennui for Craig and the current Bond films, and I've been noticing this attitude creeping in lately from the public. We can only hope it continues and grows.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Hello darlings, just a quick visit to let you all know that Variety has just reported: Amy Pascal is stepping down as co-chairman of Sony. Naturally they are sugar coating the pill saying she will remain at the studio with a producing deal, but we all know what this means.
Been TERRIBLY busy but I'll try and come over later to chat!
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Step 1 is now accomplished :!: No more Pascal :!: I hope a man replaces her so there is a better chance they will get the 7th 007 correct. Now, we need Sony to somehow diminish or remove the green vegetable from the future calculations.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Nick Xylas ‏@nxylas 5h5 hours ago
@mrmarkmillar @davegibbons90 Sadly, Bond's "move" will be to release another boring, pretentious movie that grosses a billion dollars. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
@mrmarkmillar @davegibbons90 Sadly, Bond's "move" will be to release another boring, pretentious movie that grosses a billion dollars. :up:
It had to be said Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:Hello darlings, just a quick visit to let you all know that Variety has just reported: Amy Pascal is stepping down as co-chairman of Sony. Naturally they are sugar coating the pill saying she will remain at the studio with a producing deal, but we all know what this means.
Been TERRIBLY busy but I'll try and come over later to chat!
it was a joke she was treated like she was not finished in the biz. Like somebody said the actors who gathered around to support her had to know she was done in Hollywood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
good move kris! #nailedit!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Russian president Vladimir Putin has Asperger's syndrome, according to a Pentagon report obtained by US broadcaster CBS News...............Now that Pascal is stepping down in May to launch a new production company in the wake of the Sony hack scandal, speculation is heating up over who might replace one of Hollywood's highest-profile female executives.

Sony insiders say the most likely successor will come from within the Culver City studio.

Among the leading contenders for the job is Tom Rothman, the former chairman and chief executive officer of Fox Filmed Entertainment with Jim Gianopulos.

Rothman was ousted from Fox in 2012 after 18 years and a track record at the studio that included the massive hits "Avatar" and "Titanic," both directed by James Cameron. Rothman also founded and was one of the first presidents of Fox Searchlight, the specialty division that released such Oscar-winning movies as "The Descendants" and "Black Swan."

Pascal and Sony Pictures Chairman and Chief Executive Michael Lynton tapped Rothman in 2013 to help rejuvenate Sony's TriStar film label and is considered the heavy favorite for the job because of his successful track record at Fox.

"He's got a good reputation with talent, he makes good films and people like him," said one person close to the studio who asked not to be identified because she was not authorized to discuss succession plans.

But Rothman faces some competition. Other candidates who will likely be considered are Doug Belgrad, the producer behind "Grudge 2" and other films who last year was named president of the studio's Motion Picture Group; and Jeff Robinov, the ex-Warner Bros. executive whose new film company, Studio 8, last year signed a distribution deal with Sony Pictures Entertainment.......3 MEN are the leading choices to replace the feminist who debased Bond and now will deal with Broccoli...... Image
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

A woman with sense would fiercely rebut Broccoli, too. For example, if they put me atop Sony, she wouldn't stand a chance. :lol:
What I mean is the point is not the sex of the executive but them having SENSE. A woman with an opposing opinion would be far more difficult for Babs to deal with than a man. I say this as a woman. Women get bitchier. A man will find a way to have common ground and Babs will try to flirt. That won't be happening with a woman who disagrees.

In any case, yes, Omega, the fact people kept saying "oh she won't quit" was freaking ridiculous. She made the studio and herself a joke with the comments she made in those emails. And everyone saw them. They gave her a producing deal to sugar coat the pill, truth is she was told to step down from second 1.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There are NO women like you in Hollywoodie Ms. Bouvier :!: You know it. We all know it. You cannot have liberally biased, feministic women deciding the future of Bond any longer. No more Bond actors in drag :!: Can you picture Cavill doing that? :!: It is equally hard to find a male executive in Hollywoodie who is not entrenched with politically correct inclusion as well. Broccoli must go and a more 'macho' Bond should be placed back on the screen in the Fleming image of the character, not being reinterpreted by that moron Broccoli.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Stay Classy, Sir Rog!

Check out @sirrogermoore's Tweet:

(Sorry, I haven't figured out the art of saving tweets as images and embedding them in posts directly. I could probably do it from my PC, but I'm on my phone right now).
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

An executive with a spine, is what's needed. Pull EON into line, and get Dominic Cooper for Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There is zero chance another 5'9" actor like Cooper will be Bond IMO. It's time for Sony to get it right already. Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just got out of American sniper , anybody who thinks its a prowar "nazi" like propaganda is nuts. It's not flag waving pep rally either. It'd be the movie I send someone to see to keep them out of the army

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:An executive with a spine, is what's needed. Pull EON into line, and get Dominic Cooper for Bond.
sony is not that important to bond not really mgm had to find the backbone to use their half the franchise + cr & tb rights.

Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote:There is zero chance another 5'9" actor like Cooper will be Bond IMO. It's time for Sony to get it right already.
That would rule out Cavill, then. In Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond, I never had any problem with his height, not only that, but just as importantly, Cooper displayed all the right qualities for Bond. I pray that Cavill's upcoming films keep him tied up and as far away from Bond as possible.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cavill already was runner-up to Cr-egg in 2005 so I don't think he is ruled out at all.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If he were to get it it would make him the best know actor to get the job . I think the ship has sailed for him unless someone like Christopher Nolan makes a bond movie series for eon