The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

The Screen Rant NTTD pitch is now up:

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Skywalker wrote:Contemplating going to watch NTTD this weekend.
Why?

At the moment, I'm unable to post a review or enter any viable discussions on the film.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Rolling Stones have retired their classic Brown Sugar from their set, due to the lyrics about slavery.

The 1971 track has been a fixture of The Stones’ live shows for decades now, but it has been quietly dropped from their setlist on their return to the stage on their North American tour.

Sir Mick Jagger confirmed the decision in an interview with the Los Angeles Times, saying: ‘We’ve played Brown Sugar every night since 1970, so sometimes you think, we’ll take that one out for now and see how it goes. We might put it back in.’

Bandmate Keith Richards, however, ‘doesn’t understand where the beef is’ with the lyrics.-------the woke mob is calling out SIR Mick as having a racist song now, after 51 years?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The Screen Rant NTTD pitch is now up:

He’s always good at the breakdowns. Towards the end I realize how tedious this film is. And how flimsy all of the plot is, hearing somebody say it drives it home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

People have been criticizing Brown Sugar since at least the '80s, if not before,
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: He’s always good at the breakdowns. Towards the end I realize how tedious this film is. And how flimsy all of the plot is, hearing somebody say it drives it home
"That's a really good question and I'm glad you asked. Anyway...."

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm
Omega wrote: He’s always good at the breakdowns. Towards the end I realize how tedious this film is. And how flimsy all of the plot is, hearing somebody say it drives it home
"That's a really good question and I'm glad you asked. Anyway...."

Pretty much sums up the entire film. Check that, the entire Craig era.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“I’ve been going to gay bars for as long as I can remember,” Cr-egg told Bruce Bozzi on the latest episode of the “Lunch with Bruce” SiriusXM podcast. “One of the reasons, because I don’t get into fights in gay bars that often… because the aggressive d--- swinging in hetero bars, I just got very sick of it.”
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:33 am “I’ve been going to gay bars for as long as I can remember,” Cr-egg told Bruce Bozzi on the latest episode of the “Lunch with Bruce” SiriusXM podcast. “One of the reasons, because I don’t get into fights in gay bars that often… because the aggressive d--- swinging in hetero bars, I just got very sick of it.”
No, he much prefers the litteral kind of dick swinging apparently, way to shake off those rumors old bean!
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

He doesn't get into fights that often, as if that's something to be proud of. :x
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I have (straight) friends who say they prefer drinking in gay bars for the same reason. US readers may not be familiar with the constant low-level threat in a typical British pub on a Saturday night. If you are, it's totally understandable why someone would do that.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

My bigotry stands corrected Kris :cheers:
Of course I'm going by my frame of reference when my gay friends have taken me to their favorite watering holes here in San Francisco, I've seen things that put Sodom and Gamora to the test, not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my bag baby.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Skywalker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 pm
Kristatos wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Skywalker wrote:Contemplating going to watch NTTD this weekend.
Why?

At the moment, I'm unable to post a review or enter any viable discussions on the film.
You should go and watch it in the cinema. Or you could find another outlet to watch it.
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I knew Craig would go here.

Bring back Bond!
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

dirtybenny wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 am
bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:33 am “I’ve been going to gay bars for as long as I can remember,” Cr-egg told Bruce Bozzi on the latest episode of the “Lunch with Bruce” SiriusXM podcast. “One of the reasons, because I don’t get into fights in gay bars that often… because the aggressive d--- swinging in hetero bars, I just got very sick of it.”
No, he much prefers the litteral kind of dick swinging apparently, way to shake off those rumors old bean!
This interview certainly shook off the rumors too
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 am
This interview certainly shook off the rumors too
That's right I forgot about that! Certainly explains why he has such little chemistry with his female co-stars!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:51 pm I knew Craig would go here.

Might be a little too butch for him tho, Carl
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We are approaching 4 million views on this thread. :Happy: Is Broccoli aware of this? This picture sums up NTTD: Image Lazenby must feel honored to have his film's plot so intertwined with this one, 52 years later :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can't find a link online, but The Times of London is reporting today that actress Raeden Greer is accusing that well-known champion of women's rights Cary "Bond is a rapist" Funkichicken of having her fired from an episode of True Detective that he directed after she refused to do a topless scene, despite there being a no-nudity clause in her contract.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:21 pm I can't find a link online, but The Times of London is reporting today that actress Raeden Greer is accusing that well-known champion of women's rights Cary "Bond is a rapist" Funkichicken of having her fired from an episode of True Detective that he directed after she refused to do a topless scene, despite there being a no-nudity clause in her contract.

https://www.thewrap.com/cary-joji-fukun ... n-topless/ NTTD should be pulled from the theaters at once :!: WOKE-----WOKE-----WOKE----where are the SJWs?------oh that's right. Wokeness is selective in the liberal world of Hollywoodie :!: -------what is Broccoli's response now that this devastating and horrific news came out about her director? :hair: :hair: Tell us Barbara, the champion of emasculating men and the ruiner of franchises :!: Tell us Daniella Transvesta Cr-egg as well, since you championed this guy to direct the film. :!: -----But on the day of filming, which she recalled to be March 19, 2013, her wardrobe consisted of just “a set of pasties and a nude thong,” according to The Daily Beast. Greer said she protested. “Cary said to me at that moment, ‘Everybody on this show goes topless. All the women on the show go topless. Your character is a stripper, so you have to. He was trying different things to convince me that it’s not a big deal,” she said. “It [was] going to be very tasteful, or it’s just gonna be really insignificant in the background. I was like, ‘Well, if it’s so insignificant, why is he so insistent that I have to do this?’ It was just on and on and on with no budging. It was disheartening. It felt bad,” Greer, who was 24 at the time of production, told the publication. “You can’t just treat people like all you are is a pair of tits, that is very hurtful.”