The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:And before we know it, the title might turn out to be just 007. Craig's Bond had it, and now Lashana Lynch's Nomi has it. :roll:
Is that her character's name? Not heard that before.
Apparently, yes. A bit feminine for someone sporting Sean Connery's eyebrows from the 1950s and Daniel Craig's haircut from Skyfall. :jack:

Much better than the other way around!

The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

dirtybenny wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:And before we know it, the title might turn out to be just 007. Craig's Bond had it, and now Lashana Lynch's Nomi has it. :roll:
Is that her character's name? Not heard that before.
Apparently, yes. A bit feminine for someone sporting Sean Connery's eyebrows from the 1950s and Daniel Craig's haircut from Skyfall. :jack:

Much better than the other way around!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. T called. He wants his style back!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:A new film from Universal, and produced by the people behind 'The Purge' franchise, called 'The Hunt' is being slammed on social media, with many taking to Twitter and calling the film's premise 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing.' The film, which stars Betty Gilpin and Hillary Swank, sees wealthy thrill-seekers jet off to a private resort where they embark on a 'deeply rewarding' expedition that culminates with hunting down and killing 'deplorables.'
This has been done lots of times - it's from an old story The Most Dangerous Game.
Bring back Bond!
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote:
bjmdds wrote:A new film from Universal, and produced by the people behind 'The Purge' franchise, called 'The Hunt' is being slammed on social media, with many taking to Twitter and calling the film's premise 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing.' The film, which stars Betty Gilpin and Hillary Swank, sees wealthy thrill-seekers jet off to a private resort where they embark on a 'deeply rewarding' expedition that culminates with hunting down and killing 'deplorables.'
This has been done lots of times - it's from an old story The Most Dangerous Game.

Ah yes, but this time it will have the benefit of thinly veiled and heavy handed polemics against capitalism and western civilization!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:

Ah yes, but this time it will have the benefit of thinly veiled and heavy handed polemics against capitalism and western civilization!
That's assuming we're supposed to side with the hunters, which...isn't usually the case!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:

That's assuming we're supposed to side with the hunters, which...isn't usually the case!

Usually these hunted films it is the human prey that are the ones audiences side with. Don’t know if that’s be the case for this movie. But the purge producers lost their mojo with the last movie that suffered from their trump derangement, still I don’t doubt they’d try to make it be the hunted who deserve it.

But if I were universal studios I’d pull it, not because of the controversy but because if there is another liberal nut/ any other flavor nut killing people I don’t doubt somebody would sue the studio over the death.

I don’t think it fair to blame guns/movies/books/blogs/games/rhetoric for the actions of somebody who has a sickness deep in their souls to even contemplate such acts.
Two things are usually deeply engrained in the human condition, self preservation and the preservation of the well being of those around you. Lacking that there’s a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It wouldn't surprise me if the studio pulled it in light of the latest spate of mass shootings. But with mass shootings now almost a daily occurrence in the US, it could end up sitting on a shelf forever, waiting for the "right time".
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:

I'm assuming the hunters are the villains, I'm also assuming due to the nature of those Purge movies, the hunters will be wealthy, privileged capitalists who make their ill gotten gains on the backs of the proletariat comrade. While the prey will be poor down trodden victims of society. I know the term deplorable has come to refer to conservatives lately, however I am willing to bet, unless this is some sort of bizarro world version of the rich hunt humans story, that it doesn't apply here.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Universal Pictures has pulled the release of The Hunt, which was scheduled to come out September 27 :!: In a statement on the movie’s website, the studio said that this is not “the right time” :hair: for the film to be released, especially considering the recent mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio. Marketing for the film had already been suspended due to the gun violence depicted in it. One of the villains bares a striking resemblance to someone close to Trump: Image Image The Hollywood clown with the gun. The real one on the bottom picture. This is why Hollywood should rot in hell throughout eternity :!: :down: Liberalism will be destroyed in 2020 :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

This whole Hollywood thing pandering to the left-wing nutcases is something I actually find very laughable. They sing lengthy "humanist" tunes under their social justice umbrellas. What they don't know is that the majority of the public has had enough with their load of bull. It's just a timebomb, and they're doing their best to agitate the gyroscope inside. It won't be pretty after they trigger it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Drakester, you know it-------I know it-------everyone knows it----------except the radical left-wing anarchists who are the most intolerant low-lives this planet has produced :!: The media foments violence daily and people have had it :!: The media wants a civil war because they truly believe that Trump will be blamed and voted out in 2020 but it will have just the opposite effect :!: SMIERT LIBERALISM, as Bond would say in a 2019 remake of TLD :!: Hillary Swank must be one sick piece of trash to be involved in this obscenity :!: I think it was produced as a cathartic treatment for those liberals who would get gratification in viewing such a monstrous celluloid entity :!: Perhaps these liberals could start following Epstein's exit and relieve this world of their collective madness because these are a bunch of sick, depraved, and demented individuals who are divorced from all reality and decency, and who hate all those opposing their psychotic views of society and the world as they see it :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Liberals made a movie about Trump supporters being put on an island and hunted sown and that is why LIBERALS MUST BE PUT ON AN ISLAND AND HUNTED DOWN :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the studio pulled it in light of the latest spate of mass shootings. But with mass shootings now almost a daily occurrence in the US, it could end up sitting on a shelf forever, waiting for the "right time".
it’s never going to be the “right time” that’s the sad thing. The movie was going to bomb, only saving grace might be the controversy. They might drop it to direct video to capitalize on the publicity.
Remember that bomb of a movie that was the reason sony was hacked and the self righteous indignation in Hollywood, that one didn’t work either. Besides I’m still not sure the North Korea had the means, not when we find out about the disgruntled Sony IT guys fired earlier in the year and later about the hacker programs the cia and nsa were handing out “like party favors”

Back on topic. The last purge movie was not as well received, poor story and the politicalization, IMHO. I think the politics hurt movie story telling, whatever the story is built in a bubble created by the director and producers, if it’s not documentary in nature the left and right attempts to crystallize the political contempt for their opposition always back fires.

Canadian bacon was Michael Moore’s attempt to fight back at the bush presidency (sr, ass grabbing bush) and the IMO false Euphoria surrounding the first gulf war.
But by the time my friends and I saw it reruns on hbo we thought it was about Clinton (again , sr ass Grabbing President not the other Clinton ). these left wing actors signed on to make a statement, and some just proud Canadians joined the cast, it failed to lampoon bush as intended but was well written which made the movie work as a fun satire but not a political commentary.
There was a lot of Hollywood leftest movies and tv shows trying to influence the culture, west wing, all those doting movies about young liberal presidents supposedly mimicking Bill Clinton at the time, they never actually are received the way they are intended, the most hard core usually push everyone but the very party faithful away. Even the anti bush movies didn’t do well.

I was fine with the deplorable movie coming out, it wouldn’t change a thing, left and right would crow about something as the movie fails to make BO break even point.
Edit
The right time would never happen as there will always be a reason to avoid releasing it in favor of something else more marketable. The tragic killings are just a excuse not to take the risk. There is no good time or bad, it’s up to people to differentiate between reality and fiction and not confuse the two.

Last edited by Omega on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The whole Purge franchise is something that has mostly flown under my radar until now, I must admit. I was aware that they existed, but that's about it. Presumably, they must have a following, otherwise people wouldn't keep making them.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Liberals made a movie about Trump supporters being put on an island and hunted sown and that is why LIBERALS MUST BE PUT ON AN ISLAND AND HUNTED DOWN :!:
Who said that? Epstein committed suicde. He was not put on an island and killed. Liberals want Trump six feet under. Their hatred has consumed them. They cannot be helped :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The whole Purge franchise is something that has mostly flown under my radar until now, I must admit. I was aware that they existed, but that's about it. Presumably, they must have a following, otherwise people wouldn't keep making them.
I know people who like those movies and the tv series, but the last one, first purge?, had strong anti trump/ “deplorable” story element that turned off the fans I know and caused it to flop compared to the others in the series.
A lot of Hollywood movies thought they’d add some smartass swipe the right, Logan, Jurassic world 2, dozens of others including lines or images that were supposed to resonate with the populous. The last purge movie tried it, the producers should have stopped there. This movie would be a horror movie and have a small market, as a political movie there’s no real market for it.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Liberals made a movie about Trump supporters being put on an island and hunted sown and that is why LIBERALS MUST BE PUT ON AN ISLAND AND HUNTED DOWN :!:
Who said that? Epstein committed suicde. He was not put on an island and killed. Liberals want Trump six feet under. Their hatred has consumed them. They cannot be helped :!:
I was exaggerating for effect, but the post I was parodying was filled with violent eliminationist rhetoric towards liberals, so you don't really get to complain about irrational hatred.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If this forum wants to see first hand how someone cracked under the pressure of an election look no further than the former poster Ale's twitter feed :!: It is quite sad that some people have lost their sanity and live with daily venom for a person they have nothing to do with :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Instead of the the nonsense EON is peddling in the 25th film, this is what they should be focusing on as Bond if not Turner :!:------------------Gwyneth Paltrow made another Marvel Cinematic Universe gaffe this week. In a new interview with Empire Magazine, the Academy Award-winning actress and Goop mogul revealed that during a Marvel Studios 10th-anniversary photo call, she had no idea why Samuel L. Jackson made an appearance. :ROFL: According to producer Kevin Feige, actors on set had to reassure Paltrow, “‘What are you talking about? He’s Nick Fury! You’ve been in movies with him.'” :ROFL:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image It galls me that this THING is making millions playing Bond because of Broccoli's urges :!: :cuss: