The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:07 pm It seems China has mocked Broccoli's creation:
Chinese Communist Party propaganda masquerading as entertainment, I think the big budget Hollywood productions do it better.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Jason wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:46 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:21 pm
bjmdds wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:38 pm Craig said it was in 2006 that he threw an idea at Broccoli. "I said to Barbara, 'How many of these movies do I have to make?' Because I don't really look at contracts or any of those things," he recalled. "And she said, 'Four,' and I went, 'Oh, okay. Can I kill him off in the last one?' And she didn't pause. She said, 'Yes.'" But it wasn't an easy task for Broccoli to keep her word. She had to convince her producing partner, Michael G. Wilson, that this was the way for Craig's Bond to go out. "It was 'no' for a long time," Craig said, adding: "I thought it was forgotten about, put it that way. I didn't bring it back up again until this one." After "Spectre," Craig's fourth time playing Bond, Craig was ready to leave the franchise, Wilson said. "We wanted Daniel back and he was very reluctant," Wilson told Variety. "I think we thought, all of us had thought, that [Bond dying] was the best way to end this whole thing."-------16 years ago Broccoli knew Cr-egg's ending. https://www.insider.com/daniel-craig-pi ... 006-2022-1
Oh how cute, EON productions are pretending like they had a plan.
It says volumes that Danny Boyle and Ralph Finnes had to remind Craig and Broccoli what the traditions of the series were. Here's hoping Ernst Stravos Bezos gets somebody who actually knows what they're doing when it comes to Bond like Iger had to do with Faloni and Favearu for Star Wars. I fear we'll never get another serviceable Bond until all this cultural marxism is vanquished.
A nice thought Jason, but I'm not holding my breath.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Some idiot named Nick Rheinwald-Jones at Decider.com had this thought: 'Technically, Lynch could remain as 007 while the new James Bond becomes more of a secondary :shock: character, but that seems highly unlikely.)'
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tom Holland's pitch for a young James Bond movie didn't leave producers stirred.The Spider-Man actor revealed in a new interview with Total Film he came up with an idea for a movie about a young James Bond and even pitched it — unsuccessfully.
"I had a meeting, after or during [Spider-Man: Far From Home], with Sony to pitch this idea of a young Bond film that I'd come up with," Holland said. "It was the origin story of James Bond." But Holland added, "It didn't really make sense. It didn't work. It was the dream of a young kid, and I don't think the Bond estate were particularly interested."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Young Bond...amazing nobody has ever thought of that before

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, here's a surprise, a Bond directors' ranking that mostly gets it right. I might argue with a few of the placings, but I was expecting Funkichicken to be voted Most Awesomest Bond Director EVA:

https://screenrant.com/james-bond-movie ... rs-ranked/

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 am Well, here's a surprise, a Bond directors' ranking that mostly gets it right. I might argue with a few of the placings, but I was expecting Funkichicken to be voted Most Awesomest Bond Director EVA:

Very surprising, I'm shocked Mendez scored so low, I thought he was the great Oscar winner who infused this "tired franchise" with a much needed "auteur" sensibility?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eunice Gayson even has that same intonation and Bond then replies playfully in the same fashion. But when it was time for the cameras to roll, Connery repeatedly fluffed the line.

Gayson said: "It sounds an easy take, but it wasn’t." Especially because tensions had already been building on set throughout the day and then director Terence Young decided that Gayson's dress was the wrong colour. After a frantic search while everyone else waiting anxiously on set, nothing suitable could be found except a bright red number that was far too large. The resourceful costume department had to cut it up and then reassemble it with pins and pegs.

Gayson said: "It was just a piece of fabric held together with clothes pegs. By this time everybody was nervous, Sean above all, bless his heart."

When filming resumed, everybody was on edge and Gayson later recalled how Connery stumbled repeatedly over the classic line, saying: "Sean Bond, Connery James..."

Gayson added: "In the final take, he was so easy and assured but in order to achieve that I was seconded to take him into the restaurant and have a drink or two. As he’d been on the wagon for several months before filming started, I was worried how it would affect him. Oh ho, it did affect him but in a nice way because he came back full of the Bond image." Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apologies if everyone else already knew about this site, but I only found out about it today. It's a site for authentic Bond collectibles signed by the cast and crew of the films: http://bondstars.com/
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:35 pm Apologies if everyone else already knew about this site, but I only found out about it today. It's a site for authentic Bond collectibles signed by the cast and crew of the films: http://bondstars.com/
Are you going to make any purchases? A purchase of one of Daniel Craig's skin tight suits?

I saw a tv programme on Craig called Becoming Bond. But he never became Bond...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:35 pm Apologies if everyone else already knew about this site, but I only found out about it today. It's a site for authentic Bond collectibles signed by the cast and crew of the films: http://bondstars.com/
Are you going to make any purchases? A purchase of one of Daniel Craig's skin tight suits?

I saw a tv programme on Craig called Becoming Bond. But he never became Bond...
I must confess, a signed, personalised photo of Madeline Smith was tempting. But alas, the deadline has passed.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dwayne Hickman, TV’s Lovelorn Dobie Gillis, Is Dead at 87.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Golden Globes were tarnished forever Sunday night as it was NOT aired on television. The end of Hollywood honoring itself is OVER thankfully. :Happy:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 am Well, here's a surprise, a Bond directors' ranking that mostly gets it right. I might argue with a few of the placings, but I was expecting Funkichicken to be voted Most Awesomest Bond Director EVA:

Halle Berry gave a "typically terrific performance as Jinx"? Is there another version of DAD that I haven't seen yet?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: Halle Berry gave a "typically terrific performance as Jinx"? Is there another version of DAD that I haven't seen yet?
I think she did the best she could with the material she was given.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Naomi Harris said that producers on the Bond films shot down an idea she had for a Moneypenny-focused spinoff with “Moonlight” director Barry Jenkins. “He’s wanted to do a badass, kick-ass action thing with Moneypenny, which I’m all for,” Harris said. “I got together with our producer, Barbara Broccoli, and was like ‘Let’s make this happen.’ But she wasn’t so down for it. But maybe, one day, who knows. The conversation has started at least, and we’re continuing it here.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Everyone else: we want to see a Paloma spin-off.
Naomie Harris: I've got a better idea. How about a film starring me?

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:15 am
Veronica wrote: Halle Berry gave a "typically terrific performance as Jinx"? Is there another version of DAD that I haven't seen yet?

Granted, the script didn't do her any favors but she didn't exactly elevate the material either (IMO). If anything, Rosamund Pike came off as a much better actress in the movie despite the fact that was her first (or one of) movie role ever (granted she was also given better lines and material in general)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:15 am

Granted, the script didn't do her any favors but she didn't exactly elevate the material either (IMO). If anything, Rosamund Pike came off as a much better actress in the movie despite the fact that was her first (or one of) movie role ever (granted she was also given better lines and material in general)
At the time Halle Berry was a Vanity A-list get for the producers, and also not supposed to be “just another Bond girl”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New James Bond announced: https://007store.com/products/james-bon ... ed-edition