The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

According to Deux Moi, an Instagram celeb rumours account (think Gossip Girl for Gen Z) scurrilous stories from their sources (that can neither be confirmed or denied, and should possibly be taken with several buckets of salt) indicate that Page already knows he’s 007, but he’s worried about keeping it schtum, which is why he didn't engage in much press on The Grey Man premiere tour.

A tip off to Deux Moi read: “Rege-Jean Page skipping the red carpet interviews… does he really think he’s that famous?”, to which the account replied: “I’ve heard from a source close to The Grey Man team that he is avoiding press because of the Bond rumours because he’s most likely got the role.”

Another submission added: “+1 this. This was part of the reason he left Bridgerton - that when they were talking about “other projects” clashing he was in talks re: Bond.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sorry, but I don't believe any rumour that says the next Bond has already been cast. Based on Babbzy's track record, when she says that the next Bond film won't be until 2026 or whenever it is, I believe her.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 am https://screenrant.com/james-bond-26-00 ... ge-future/
Since the character's inception, James Bond's characterization has fluctuated in tone from one incarnation to the next. While one actor playing 007 is serious and hard, the next is generally light-hearted and fun. Sean Connery's original Bond was replaced by the comedic, frivolous and eyebrow-raising Roger Moore, who was succeeded by the hard-nosed and Fleming-like Timothy Dalton. Next in line was the easy-on-the-eyes and action-oriented Pierce Brosnan. Given that the Daniel Craig era was the bleakest yet, it stands to reason that fans are due another fun Bond with tongue-in-cheek frivolity and easy-to-digest entertainment more akin to the Moore and Brosnan days.
Here's hoping. :jack:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“This was back in the day when James Bond was allowed to like, like, f— hot chicks. You know, now they can really, p—ified him,” Bill Maher said. “It’s so pathetic. [Bond] literally takes his girlfriend and her daughter on his mission to save the world. He practically stops off at Target to buy tampons on the way to the underground lair.” He continued: “Yes, it’s because that’s what this is. The woke world we live in. But back in that day, Dr. Christmas and Denise Richards was hotter than the sun, still is, and but also a brilliant scientist. Which is just like, you looked at her and went, ‘That’s not really possible.’”--------many comments on this yahoo article: Al Gore Rhythms: "For 50+ years 007 was a character all women wanted to be with and all men wanted to be. He was a product of the times he was created. Bond began to descend into political correctness when Timothy Dalton assumed the role and to varying degrees this trend continued with his successors. This has been a mistake. Bond as Ian Fleming wrote him and Connery who best portrayed him was iconic. For all the character's perceived faults, he was iconic. Changing and diluting the classic Bond character will only result in damage to the 007 franchise and it's already on shaky ground with no actor in the wings waiting to assume the role. The fans have spoken loud and clear...keep James Bond exactly as he was intended to be!"---------------------RashomonEffect: "Studios should just invent a new character that fits with the extreme PC culture if that is their agenda instead of taking an old, well-established character and basically neutering him... Last movie Bond character was NOT Bond."------read the many other comments. You would think they were all members here!-- https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bil ... 09658.html
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Al Jazeera columnist Andrew Mitrovica wrote this: "James Bond is dead. He should stay dead. Contrary to the fiction promoted by Hollywood and starry-eyed company, the subterranean world of spies does not have a glamorous, if not noble, cachet. When we last saw James Bond, he was standing alone on an island having chosen a hero’s death over exposing his family – yes, his family – to a lethal toxin. It would be a welcomed and refreshing relief if 007 remained dead."
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Just saw a trailer for the movie about Emmett Till..Babzy is one of the producers.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:41 pm “This was back in the day when James Bond was allowed to like, like, f— hot chicks. You know, now they can really, p—ified him,” Bill Maher said...
It's nice to see EON's chickens coming home to roost, too bad it won't have any effect on Babz and where she takes the franchise.

bjmdds wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:09 pm Al Jazeera columnist Andrew Mitrovica wrote this: "James Bond is dead. He should stay dead. Contrary to the fiction promoted by Hollywood and starry-eyed company, the subterranean world of spies does not have a glamorous, if not noble, cachet. When we last saw James Bond, he was standing alone on an island having chosen a hero’s death over exposing his family – yes, his family – to a lethal toxin. It would be a welcomed and refreshing relief if 007 remained dead."
Wow, a Middle Eastern state sponsored media outlet doesn't like positive portrayals of Western agents! In other news, water is still wet, the sky is blue and fresh grass is green.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Connery’s image of bond has sustained the franchise since the inception. It inspired many film makers like Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, jon faveau , who experienced what the audience experienced and wanted to make this on their own.

Babs liked the leverage it gave here with the studios but never understood why the bond her father made was popular. Her variant Bond series proves this.

I think there will be interest in the next bond and where the series’s goes, maybe more curiosity if it can recapture the magic of the original series rather than be relevant to Babs woke lifestyle.

Imho if the next bond streaming series or movies doesn’t connect to the magic the original series had it’ll be shorted lived. Babs anti bond Craig series satisfied the click of people in her circle who never like the original movie, liked seeing Uncharismatic and tortured bond, antithesis of what Fleming intended.

But as we’ve seen franchises can lose the magic touch and be on the losing end until they work out what they did wrong. Babs isn’t motivated to find out what she got wrong or why she lost audience numbers consecutively most of the world except which was strong bond demographics, with the exceptions of the UK and Germany.
On the other hand those places not buying in to those movies would be like America not buying in to the next fast and furious movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

While promoting her partnership with the free-to-play app Solitaire Grand Harvest, in which users can try their hand at the fan-favorite game in an animated farm setting, the 71-year-old reveals that she'd be happy to reprise her role in the iconic Bond film series.

"Of course, I'd do it," Jane Seymour tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I've always been very open about saying that I'd be happy to just walk behind the scene and someone could go, 'Is that Solitaire?' "
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

No additional front page postings from Charles Lindberg McGill Jr., aka Nash, since the forum went back on line. He must be upset reading the continued postings here on this marvelous forum. We never found out the reason why the forum was down for 3 days.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

You know he’s reading(HI NASH!!)

I love that they got Solitare to promote..solitare!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:50 pm You know he’s reading(HI NASH!!)
Yeah, we obviously live rent-free in his head.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Judding by that post on the front page he made he’s at least somewhat familiar with what’s going on. :?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver in the popular sitcom, is in hospice, according to reports, less than three months after he announced that he had been diagnosed with cancer again. The 77-year-old actor and and his wife, Lauren Shulkind, put out a joint statement in May sharing the "very sad news" of his cancer diagnosis, though they didn't disclose details.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hooray! https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235187265/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Do you think Broccoli has both her eyes on this new advertisement?
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm Do you think Broccoli has both her eyes on this new advertisement?
Considering the fact it shows how perfect he'd be for the part, I'd say not even a glance from her peripheral..
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

60th anniversary events announced. Triple bill of Craig films in IMAX, anyone?

https://www.007.com/60th-events/

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:14 pm 60th anniversary events announced. Triple bill of Craig films in IMAX, anyone?

https://www.007.com/60th-events/

I can think of no better way to celebrate the 60 years of rich film history surrounding this series that show the 3 most recent films! Considering the last 2 were so bad even the sycophants can't stand them goes to show Bond begins and ends with Craig in Babbzy's eyes.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: I can think of no better way to celebrate the 60 years of rich film history surrounding this series that show the 3 most recent films! Considering the last 2 were so bad even the sycophants can't stand them goes to show Bond begins and ends with Craig in Babbzy's eyes.
I do wonder how many takers there will be for this. NTTD has already been re-released twice in cinemas since its original theatrical run, to little effect. And even putting aside the quality of the films, with this re-release of all the films in order, I would expect interest to diminish as we get to the more recent efforts. After all, there are whole generations who have never had the chance to see Goldfinger or TSWLM on the big screen. It doesn't really have the same effect when a film is only a few years old.