The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I just noticed...Sony's Spiderman: Homecoming? I thought Homecoming was supposed to be the movie that brought Spidey into the MCU, and that the rights had reverted to Disney Marvel Studios.
not sure apparently Sony keep the rights and most of the profits, Disney has merchandising and is paid to produce for Sony, Disney also get the rights to use Spider-Man in their movies but not make a standalone movie.
Best as I understand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
tbp82
Commander

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by tbp82 »

Kristatos wrote:
tbp82 wrote:Affleck denying the rumuor could be a PR move as the reports state WB wants to phase him out after JL.
Or maybe he just doesn't know. If you'd asked Pierce if he was going to be in CR this far from release, he'd have said yes too.
Yeah by all accounts Pierce was in the frame up until extremely close to the Craig announcement
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From the official Bond Facebook page:
James Bond will return to US cinemas on November 8, 2019 with a traditional earlier release in the UK and the rest of the world. Bond 25 will be written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. The film’s cast, director and distributor will be announced at a later date.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:From the official Bond Facebook page:
James Bond will return to US cinemas on November 8, 2019 with a traditional earlier release in the UK and the rest of the world. Bond 25 will be written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. The film’s cast, director and distributor will be announced at a later date.
what?!!!

This may be big news. As I read it I expected Craig will be returning somplacec.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, I'm a natural pessimist, so I'm expecting Craig to return, but you never know, we may be pleasantly surprised.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'll believe he's gone after the new Bond is announced. But.... if all the talk about them begging Craig were true you'd think his name would be front and center as returning.
Also the Christopher Nolan directing rumor seems to have played out

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

2019? That's 13 years for Cr-egg, if true, which surpasses the 12 years that Moore lasted, so Cr-egg would then be the longest tenured Bond, as the "greeny" wanted from the beginning. That makes Bond 26 on the 60th anniversary in 2022 with the 7th 007, and by then Turner would be 38. This Cr-egg nightmare MUST come to an end already. Four year intervals for Cr-egg again? :hair: http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ne ... li=BBnb7Kz
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Ive seen Craig suppprters thinking they didnt announce Craig because they didnt want to overshadow Logan Lucky....that makes no sense because after the announcement of a date they ll ask Craig more about Bond now.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

New York Times reports it's a "done deal" for Craig to return in Bond 25.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/m ... ign=buffer
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We'll see . I expect him to return until he's replaced I don't get why they wouldn't say he was coming back if it was a done deal.

Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:We'll see . I expect him to return until he's replaced I don't get why they wouldn't say he was coming back if it was a done deal.

That was a peculiar aspect of today's announcement.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Craig's return is a done deal, according to two people briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid conflicts with Eon and MGM. :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Omega wrote:We'll see . I expect him to return until he's replaced I don't get why they wouldn't say he was coming back if it was a done deal.

That was a peculiar aspect of today's announcement.
That is noteworthy however I expect they will rehire Daniel because it is the path of least resistance. Willing to be surprised.
I suspect MGM is pushing them to get a move on. Laughable how long EON takes to gear up for the next Bond film. Daniel keeps withering before our eyes.
They also have to continue another film from the ending of the last; how many people going to these films will care about the last one ten Marvel movies or five Star wars movies ago (which ever comes first). James Bond stand alone films were the best, I could watch Living daylights, then go to Goldeneye without wondering if I was missing something important between the films. Now fan's have got to keep track of when Daniel got the one ring and how close the Fellowship is to Mordor. What about Tom Bombadil?
Cubby figured this out long ago and his daughter has to relearn it, for Bond unless meticulously planned out sequential stories are a mistake. Daniel's Bond will take fourteen years to tell a story which should have take no longer than nine. Who cares about the events in Casion Royale now? Who will Care about Skyfall and the newly minted Mrs Bond by 2019? That was the joy of a fresh adventure each movie, I did not have to worry about the fallout from Moonraker or Thunderball having consequences for the next adventure.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

That will put moviedom's most famous spy in direct competition with a live-action fairy tale from Walt Disney Studios. (Disney claimed the date last year but has not yet disclosed the specific movie.)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Craig's return is a done deal, according to two people briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid conflicts with Eon and MGM. :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Could be or it could be disinformation. So many completely wrong stories about Bond casting I'm not going to believe the rumour mill before it is officially confirmed. At this point in 2004-5 Pierce was the front runner and was returning despite rumours to the contrary, said sources at the time speaking on the condition of anonymity and well Judas Dench, she got her thirty pieces of silver for lying to the fans.

However it is far easier for EON to rehire the git unless they already have a new man signed.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Blowfeld wrote:That is noteworthy however I expect they will rehire Daniel because it is the path of least resistance. Willing to be surprised.
I suspect MGM is pushing them to get a move on. Laughable how long EON takes to gear up for the next Bond film. Daniel keeps withering before our eyes.
They also have to continue another film from the ending of the last; how many people going to these films will care about the last one ten Marvel movies or five Star wars movies ago (which ever comes first). James Bond stand alone films were the best, I could watch Living daylights, then go to Goldeneye without wondering if I was missing something important between the films. Now fan's have got to keep track of when Daniel got the one ring and how close the Fellowship is to Mordor. What about Tom Bombadil?
Cubby figured this out long ago and his daughter has to relearn it, for Bond unless meticulously planned out sequential stories are a mistake. Daniel's Bond will take fourteen years to tell a story which should have take no longer than nine. Who cares about the events in Casion Royale now? Who will Care about Skyfall and the newly minted Mrs Bond by 2019? That was the joy of a fresh adventure each movie, I did not have to worry about the fallout from Moonraker or Thunderball having consequences for the next adventure.
All very well said Blowfeld, if EON had a down film like DAD they could come back anew with the next one, OK, bad example, but you get the point. Watching "Bond" these days is like watching the proverbial slippery slope, each one is farther down the slope of mediocrity. As far as Craig returning, I'm sure he will, the only stumbling block would be his price, but since when has Babz ever balked at throwing large stacks of cash at rubbish?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:I'll believe he's gone after the new Bond is announced. But.... if all the talk about them begging Craig were true you'd think his name would be front and center as returning.
Also the Christopher Nolan directing rumor seems to have played out

Chris Nolan should stay away from EON's fat@$$ (especially the b1tch herself).
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I got my hopes up briefly when they announced the film but not Craig. However, looking around, if looks like 99% of people and sites feel that Craig is a done deal. Sounds like they are timing it to mesh with the Lucky Logan junket possibly. What a downer. Two more years and then an aged Daniel Craig mumbles his way through another film. They may as well get Sam Mendes back just to complete the nightmare scenario. It wouldn't even surprise me if Barbara tried to get Craig to cling on for the 60th anniversary. :down: :down:
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As the FBF says, the franchise is not for us any longer :!: More 'years' of Cr-egg is beyond reason now. It's INSANITY! SHE keeps a lowlife in the role and it won't end any time soon. Porky Pig sums it up best: [video][/video]
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

It's crazy to think that looking at the amount of potential Bonds out there right now from the big names like Fassenbender and Hiddleston to the middle of the road names like Turner and Huston to the lesser knowns like Norton, Stevens, Friend, Cullen and the list goes on and on. Im not one of those who hates Craig or even Craig's movie but the time has come for the series to move on. His story arch is finished and he isn't aging well. This just seems the perfect time to get a new Bond.