The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

How much does it cost to move the odds enough to get these news stories started? If ifs a few thousand it’s worth it for struggling actors just to get their name out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It depends on the pool size. I cannot believe such a bet exists when the outcome is already known by the person making the decision :!: If a lot of money is in the betting pool, these people are nuts :!: It is like us betting on whether or not Ale will ever return here. Only she knows the answer and if she would bet she would win, as would Broccoli, if she has a 'beard' betting in the Bond pool.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We Got This Covered has been informed by our sources – the same ones who told us a Black Widow 2 was happening, which Scarlett Johansson all but confirmed yesterday, and that a She-Hulk show was coming to Disney Plus – that the studio is developing a spinoff project starring Lashana Lynch’s character, who’ll be introduced in Cary Fukunaga’s movie. As has been extensively reported on, Lynch – who’s been credited as “Nomi” so far – is playing a female 007. As this is set to be Craig’s final outing, it looks like Nomi will continue to inherit the codename after the end of the film, which gives Sony the opportunity to create more stories around her, without Bond around :!: :hair: ----what the hell is this :!: 007 going to a female agent permanently :?: :!: What will a new actor be in that case, 007 1/2? :?: :cuss: :Bonk: It is now time to bury this emasculating rendition of Fleming's into the trash bin of Hollywood because Barbara Broccoli has lost her mind and Bond is no longer what Fleming wrote about and Ms B is on a mission to destroy the substance of the franchise for good :!: It's over folks :!: :cuss:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If this story is true (and remember the Jinx spin-off that never happened), I'd say a spin-off project for Nomi means she's not taking over as 007 in the main franchise.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Except Sony has nothing to do with the bond series

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Except Sony has nothing to do with the bond series
I was just about to post that. The We Got This Covered site appears to be down at the moment, so I can't read the full story, but you're right; Universal is distributing this film.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s lazy journalism, Sony had a long history of partnering with with eon and MGM but they have anything to do with them for years now, Sony might try a spin off on marvel they own, and lynch who is important to the captain marvel series is going to get more work from that role so even if babs thought she can sell anyone as 007, lynch would have to give it second priority.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm Next weekend's Chiller Theatre guests, includes one Bond girl. https://prostarphotos.com/collections/all
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm Next weekend's Chiller Theatre guests, includes one Bond girl. https://prostarphotos.com/collections/all
Who was the Bond girl? I had a look, but I didn't see one in there. Maybe I was too distracted by the transgender Banana Split!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I'm sure a Nomi spinoff won't happen. From the look of things, she looks to be a one-off character not tailored to appear in further installments. Lashana Lynch isn't charismatic enough to carry a film on her own. Only social justice warriors online seem to find her appealing whereas the regular joe out there does not.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm Next weekend's Chiller Theatre guests, includes one Bond girl. https://prostarphotos.com/collections/all
Who was the Bond girl? I had a look, but I didn't see one in there. Maybe I was too distracted by the transgender Banana Split!

Kris, YOU of all people missed that? As bond would say in Goldfinger:[video][/video]Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

John P. Drake wrote:I'm sure a Nomi spinoff won't happen. From the look of things, she looks to be a one-off character not tailored to appear in further installments. Lashana Lynch isn't charismatic enough to carry a film on her own. Only social justice warriors online seem to find her appealing whereas the regular joe out there does not.
I'm sure you're right John, but I will point out that didn't stop Ruby Rose's Batwoman!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Kris, YOU of all people missed that? As bond would say in Goldfinger:[video][/video]Image
Well, in my defense, there are quite a lot of guests there, and she's a bit further down the cast list than the likes of Gloria Hendry or Caroline Munro. I had to check IMDb to remind myself who she was (DELLAAAAA!).

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

dirtybenny wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:I'm sure a Nomi spinoff won't happen. From the look of things, she looks to be a one-off character not tailored to appear in further installments. Lashana Lynch isn't charismatic enough to carry a film on her own. Only social justice warriors online seem to find her appealing whereas the regular joe out there does not.
I'm sure you're right John, but I will point out that didn't stop Ruby Rose's Batwoman!
Yes, but Ruby Rose’s Batwoman is backed by a behemoth company that produces multiple shows and films every year. And besides, it’s aimed at a wide range of audiences that are fans of an established character. If this Batwoman fails, they’ll cancel it and move on to another project. People are already dissing it, which is why it won’t last long.

In Eon’s case, they can hardly produce a Bond film every four/five years, let alone go after spinoffs. I do think Babs wants to induce her sociopolitical agendas into the intellectual property she’s been sitting on for three decades, but she doesn’t have what it takes to expand her own franchise. There’s this Rhythm Section film coming out that she was eager to produce (just so she could say she isn’t just a producer for the Bond films) and by the looks of it, that trailer they released resembles that of a flop. Lynch would’ve been popular by now had she been a splendid actress, but I don’t see anybody talking about her other than half-baked lazy journalists who are riding on the “Nomi is 007” rumor ever since it surfaced. Time for a station break.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Batwoman is a PC check the boxes waste of time :!: I shut it off after 10 minutes. Nobody watches the CW shows. The ratings are awful but these CW shows do not get cancelled. The Dallas reboot on cable tv got higher ratings and it was cancelled.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Batwoman is a PC check the boxes waste of time :!: I shut it off after 10 minutes. Nobody watches the CW shows. The ratings are awful but these CW shows do not get cancelled. The Dallas reboot on cable tv got higher ratings and it was cancelled.
Very much so, BJ. They ruined Batwoman ever since the Kate Kane character got her reboot 15 years ago and reintroduced as an angry alphabet person alongside GCPD officer Renee Montoya. The DC shows are even worse with their forced sociopolitical agendas. I tried watching at least three or four episodes of each of those CW shows, couldn't believe the exasperation I went through. Not only their narrative was less than half-baked, but the tonal shifts, editing and cinematography themselves were so badly conceived I suddenly have a whole new level of respect towards Tommy Wiseau, Uwe Boll and Robert Rodriguez.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Who is watching the Canadian election on Youtube?
Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

What? Didn’t know they were in the middle of an election
Edit
They are so like us.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] #metoo's Star Wars trilogy wraps up-----for another 10 years probably until the 'next' PC trilogy.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

carl stromberg wrote:Who is watching the Canadian election on Youtube?
Brian Mulroney was re-elected as PM.