The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Given that MGM is a stakeholder in the James Bond films, this makes Annapurna’s emergence at the top of the bidding war less surprising than it might otherwise be. Crucially, though, the deal – set to be closed in the next week or so – only covers American distribution rights. Outside of the US, where Bond does around three quarters of his business, three studios are in contention. They are Sony, Warner Bros, and Universal. It’s unclear which of those three is the favorite.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Matt Lauer being fired over allegations of sexual harassment is laced with irony given that Lauer is suspected to have played a key role in leaking the infamous Hollywood Access tape that was used to demonize Donald Trump as an abuser of women. NBC announced it was terminating Lauer’s contract following “a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” The network also revealed that it was “also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.” If the claims are true that Lauer has engaged in the sexual harassment of women, it sheds a different light on the Today host’s role in framing Donald Trump as a misogynist who harassed women. :up: :Happy: :clap: :happy spin: :cheers: ----------first Rose on CBS-------now Lauer on NBC--------Stephanopoulos is next on ABC :!: THREE liberal frauds who could care less about women's rights :!:
Wait. What? I thought Matt Lauer was a sex symbol? Even with that bad Chemo hair he was supposed to be a sex symbol.

BJ do you think The Donald is using his power for payback? I am sure the various spy agencies have enough dirt on most of the people in the world to ruin just about anybody, well save for the current leader of the 'free world'. Schadenfreude for sure, something about the way you worded the suspicions about Matt Lauer made me curious if this was seen differently elsewhere.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Given that MGM is a stakeholder in the James Bond films, this makes Annapurna’s emergence at the top of the bidding war less surprising than it might otherwise be. Crucially, though, the deal – set to be closed in the next week or so – only covers American distribution rights. Outside of the US, where Bond does around three quarters of his business, three studios are in contention. They are Sony, Warner Bros, and Universal. It’s unclear which of those three is the favorite.
My guess would be Sony, again, since that'd be the safest bet for them.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Does it really make a difference, from the point of view of an audience member? The, ahem, creative talent will probably be the same whoever distributes it. Whether that's Sony, Universal or whoever is surely only of interest to the producers and accountants.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jim Nabors, who starred as Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show and on his own sitcom before retiring the wide-eyed, countrified character at the height of his popularity, has died. He was 87. Nabors died at his home in Hawaii on Wednesday night, his husband told Indiana's WTHR.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Global warming has not accelerated temperature rise in the bulk atmosphere in more than two decades, according to a new study funded by the Department of Energy. University of Alabama-Huntsville climate scientists John Christy and Richard McNider found that by removing the climate effects of volcanic eruptions early on in the satellite temperature record it showed virtually no change in the rate of warming since the early 1990s.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:Does it really make a difference, from the point of view of an audience member? The, ahem, creative talent will probably be the same whoever distributes it. Whether that's Sony, Universal or whoever is surely only of interest to the producers and accountants.
I think Annapurna already secured a deal for domestic distribution (in the US), so I'm guessing they'll expand on it in the future. Just as things couldn't have gotten any worse, Annapurna will force an uber-feminist PC Bond film that'll make Skyfall look like a purist's genuine Bond film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Never heard of Annapurna
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:Never heard of Annapurna
They helped produce Terminator: Genisys and have recently struck a partnership deal with MGM over distribution. Its founder is a rather aggressive feminist, adding to the fact that Babs herself is of the kind, as well. That will lead the Bond film franchise further into doom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annapurna ... istributor
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos wrote:Does it really make a difference, from the point of view of an audience member? The, ahem, creative talent will probably be the same whoever distributes it. Whether that's Sony, Universal or whoever is surely only of interest to the producers and accountants.
Whoever distributes likely will have to kick in a good chunk of the production budget. So until the distribution issue is settled, the budget can't be settled. Without a settled budget, nobody is going to get paid. (Under the last Sony deal, it kicked in half of the production budget but only got 25 percent of the profits.)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: They helped produce Terminator: Genisys and have recently struck a partnership deal with MGM over distribution. Its founder is a rather aggressive feminist, adding to the fact that Babs herself is of the kind, as well. That will lead the Bond film franchise further into doom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annapurna ... istributor
Acording to that link, some of the films they've produced include Zero Dark Thirty and Sausage Party. They don't sound like a company dedicated to feminizing Hollywood.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I thought MGM was trying to get back in the distribution business, that is like 8% to 10% of the gross.

They do need a partner, they almost always had somebody else help fund the movies. Sony had too much input, only for CR did the actually act with the full authority of a half owner. It was that weird bail out deal where Sony saved MGM from bankruptcy because EON couldn’t get it in gear to make a bond movie by November 2004, by 2005-6 the dvd market started to collapse and all the bad movies making money on dvd the studios counted on to stay in business disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] I wonder if Broccoli thought about this with Lea Seydoux and Cr-egg? What about Harvey in 2014 when this was filmed too? They ALL knew :!: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: I wonder if Broccoli thought about this with Lea Seydoux and Cr-egg?
I think you mean Stephanie Sigman.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I thought it was Seydoux. It was Sigman he demanded sex with? Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Allegedly. Actually, I don't think she was named, but she seems more likely. She is lower in the billing than Seydoux, and was pretty much an unknown, where Seydoux was already moderately successful before Bond. So she would have more to gain from being pimped out to Craig in exchange for getting the part.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If any of that is true it’s a house of cards waiting to collapse on Babs.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If it's true and if Sigman comes forward. Sadly, there are a lot of reasons why she wouldn't.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The fact two fbi employees were texting personal opinions about the people there were investigating is a huge problem. Comey preparing ahead of time the excuse for Clinton is a problem.
The people investigating the most powerful politicians should have a standard. Even the sainted Muller has his hands dirty during his time as a prosecutor and fbi head. As a prosecutor he sent a false witness wearing a wire to entrap a defense attorney, which also hurt the defense because muller was trying cut off the defense producing a witness that might help them.

I don’t have high hope for justice in the best of times but with serious charges political and of sexual assault investigator and prosecutors need to be above board.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just saw a story that they are thinking JL will not pass man of steel in bo