The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:$6 million for a fire damaged house?
New York, man.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:$6 million for a fire damaged house?
New York, man.
for that price it should at least come with some acreage and a few hundred head of cattle! Is central park included ?

Actually makes me think Craig is definitely doing Bond 25 or thinks he is, cause he’s spending money like that. Yeah it’s probably an investment and he’ll flip it some time. But he is stingy except when he gets a very fat paycheck. Nothing else he does get him paid like bond.

I know his Return supposed to be a done deal but do much is just weird this pre-production time nothing would surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe I can stop by and ask for a cup of sugar? :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Box Office Mojo reports that box office in 2017 was up 11% over 2016, but actual ticket sales were down 5.8%. Meanwhile, home entertainment spending rose by a similar figure, 5.26%, which probably isn't a coincidence.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Box Office Mojo reports that box office in 2017 was up 11% over 2016, but actual ticket sales were down 5.8%. Meanwhile, home entertainment spending rose by a similar figure, 5.26%, which probably isn't a coincidence.
Wrong Kris------DECEMBER box office was up over 2016, not the entire year.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Box Office Mojo reports that box office in 2017 was up 11% over 2016, but actual ticket sales were down 5.8%. Meanwhile, home entertainment spending rose by a similar figure, 5.26%, which probably isn't a coincidence.
a lot of good data there.
2017 was down even with December’s big movies.
But the Home entertainment and digital sales were up. I am part of this digital trend. There are more shows and movies I own digitally that I never bothered getting the physical copy of. Comes down to price and convenience.

Between $20 & 35 for the UHD 4K movie, with digital and normal Blu-ray Disc, with a decent 4k tv (plenty on sale all the time cheaper than the 1080p TVs) it can be a better experience experience to watch it at home. It may just be my local theater but I’m noticing more movies look better on my 4k tv than in the theater, they use digital sources and laptops to play back the movies. Last jedi had a upper corner with the faint images of another movie playing. If it were not for having the nieces and nephews with us I would have demanded a refund but trying to manage the kids was too much. Getting the youngest successfully to the bathroom then rounding up the older kids from the arcade, we were almost late meeting up with the family for supper.
Didn’t try to get a refund just wanted to get the hell out of there with that circus. Dunno how their parents deal with all the little bickering fights all the time.

Personal trials aside going to a matinee is about $20 for two people, then maybe $22 for a deal on two large drinks and a large popcorn. Say $50 for two people. Maybe Hollywood need to look more at the business side the customers sees, I don’t think most people see the value to experiencing a movie at the theater.
it used to be the theaters had a higher standard, directors used to say seeing the movie at the theater was the intended way to view it, everything from the speakers to screen were calibrated to give the ultimate experience. IMHO digital movie projection is no where near as good as film was.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Wrong Kris------DECEMBER box office was up over 2016, not the entire year.
Ah yes, you are correct. There's a lot to unpick in that report, but you are right, 2017 box office was down overall, by about 2%. Star Wars and Jumanji have delivered a boost; before December, it was down by more than that, 4 or 5%.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

This forum should be called box office statistics forum rather than classic Bond forum.

It's all you ever talk about these days.

:lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

General discussion Count. If it's about Hollywood, it's discussed here, as it's overlapping with other happenings. I wonder when movie theaters will become obsolete, and we will be able to pay to watch opening releases right in our own homes :?: :idea: Would the box office be higher/lower doing it this way?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Stephen Hawking: I'll pay to send climate change deniers to Venus.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think part of the problem is that about 75% of the discussion on this forum takes place on this one thread. I have tried starting dedicated threads on popular topics in the past, only to see them wither and die after a couple of pages. Box office discussion certainly deserves its own thread, but it would probably go the same way.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:This forum should be called box office statistics forum rather than classic Bond forum.

Ben Whishaw on Bond 25: “I haven’t had an update for a while. I would imagine, I think they have a release date for next year, so I think by the end of this year we have to have started filming something. Although it has gone strangely quiet, but that’s often the way it goes.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I think part of the problem is that about 75% of the discussion on this forum takes place on this one thread. I have tried starting dedicated threads on popular topics in the past, only to see them wither and die after a couple of pages. Box office discussion certainly deserves its own thread, but it would probably go the same way.
I’m up for a BO thread but outside this thread it might not get noticed. Maybe a sticky thread at the top of all the pages :?:

BJ was social media before social media became a thing

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

I have no interest in Star Wars myself, but I stumbled on these clips from Swiss National TV.

Apparently Carrie Fisher spoke French, I didn't know that.

And Harrison Ford sits in the studio smoking, you sure couldn't do that today.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I think part of the problem is that about 75% of the discussion on this forum takes place on this one thread. I have tried starting dedicated threads on popular topics in the past, only to see them wither and die after a couple of pages. Box office discussion certainly deserves its own thread, but it would probably go the same way.
I’m up for a BO thread but outside this thread it might not get noticed. Maybe a sticky thread at the top of all the pages :?:

BJ was social media before social media became a thing

:Happy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You keep it fresh, current, and unpredictable, and people will return.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

No this forum is not fresh and unpredictable, it's boring.

It's the same handful of people hanging out here all the time talking about the same things, and a few others occasionally checking in.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe 'Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool', but this film sure did :!: Domestic USA: $82,300 How much time, reputation, and money did Broccoli blow on this accomplishment :?:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:No this forum is not fresh and unpredictable, it's boring.

It's the same handful of people hanging out here all the time talking about the same things, and a few others occasionally checking in.

Occasionally checking in? 1,034,538 views to date Count. [video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Count_Lippe wrote:This forum should be called box office statistics forum rather than classic Bond forum.

Well that kind of started because we were the first to dissect the business side of Bond (Cr then the flop QOS, the success of SD and the less than good SP) and that’s grown to the point whole we look at the movie industry. Beside nothing’s happening with bond right now.
Well there as a sale on the digital comics over New Years. I need to read the ones I bought and maybe have something fresh to say about bond again .

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Count_Lippe wrote:I have no interest in Star Wars myself, but I stumbled on these clips from Swiss National TV.

Apparently Carrie Fisher spoke French, I didn't know that.

And Harrison Ford sits in the studio smoking, you sure couldn't do that today.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Very cool Count!

Carrie was so d**n cute. IMO the later drug use real took a toll on her.