The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE UNDER FIRE FOR TIME'S UP SUPPORT
Time's Up, the entertainment industry-driven campaign for workplace equality and legal defense fund to support victims of sexual harassment and assault, was the guest of honor at this year's Golden Globes, where virtually every attendee wore black and many wore Time's Up pins in solidarity with the cause. Men joined in the show of support, too, but some social media users branded certain male stars as hypocrites. Justin Timberlake, who proudly captioned a pre-Globes photo, "Here we come!! And d**n, my wife is hot! #TIMESUP #whywewearblack," was among those who got a thrashing online. Justin recently starred in "Wonder Wheel," the latest film from Woody Allen -- a man who married one adopted daughter and has been accused of molesting another. In tweets excerpted by TheBlast, JT's post drew comments ranging from "Dude you are in the new Woody Allen film. Shut it," to, "'I'm starring in a well known rapist/pedophile director movie this year but I wore black at the #GoldenGlobes so that's ok.' #WoodyAllen #WhyWeWearBlack #TIMESUP." Others urged Justin to consider his actions: "If you truly believe times up then don't work with Woody," read one tweet. The singer wasn't the only male Globes guest whose Time's Up support seemed a bit off. James Franco came under fire as well. Vulture noted that Ally Sheedy posted (and later deleted): "James Franco just won. Please never ask me why I left the film/TV business," then posted something about James and Christian Slater sharing a table, adding the hashtag #MeToo. As of Monday, Jan. 8, she had yet to clarify the posts. Others on Twitter pointed to a recent incident in which James tried to pick up a 17-year-old girl online. She later shared their exchange. James, meanwhile, dismissed it on "Live With Kelly & Michael," saying "social media is tricky."
They are literally tearing themselves apart.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

#fedup :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Looked at bo Mojo foreign numbers last Jedi starts out as good or better than TFA then drops off the second weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jumanji #1 in the actuals. It is now at $525 million worldwide.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Possibly only of interest to our UK readers, but the BAFTA nominations are out today: https://www.screendaily.com/news/baftas ... 82.article
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Jumanji #1 in the actuals. It is now at $525 million worldwide.
got to be a sleeper hit right?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Possibly only of interest to our UK readers, but the BAFTA nominations are out today: https://www.screendaily.com/news/baftas ... 82.article
I hear a lot about darkest hour, but it’s such a limited release here.
Will the glorifying of UK heroic have any sway this year?

Nolan ought to win for Dunkirk just for the complexity of shooting a story out of sequence.

Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:Cosmicbooknews.com: Star Wars: The Last Jedi has seen its box office plummet in the U.S. as well with it's second weekend release dropping near 70% - similar to Batman vs. Superman - and now Star Wars: The Last Jedi is even performing less than Star Wars: Rogue One on a daily basis, a movie not a part of the original trilogies.
Doesn't surprise me that the numbers continue to sink. In my view, it's a dead carcass that dropped on a nice dining table--that's how bad this film is. Even some die-hard Star Wars fans I know didn't like this one. BJ, just think how bad these numbers would be if the Disney executives and Kathleen Kennedy really pushed the PC/social justice hoopla, as they supposedly considered at one point. From Vanity Fair, in an article titled “What Will It Take to Get a Gay Character in Star Wars?”:

It’s a sentiment that Kennedy has voiced before. “The demographics within our business don’t reflect society, and they certainly don’t reflect the audience,” she said in a 2013 interview. “There should be many, many more faces of color, many more women, many more gay people.”

But despite Kennedy’s call for “many more gay people,” the Star Wars films have thus far failed to introduce a single L.G.B.T.Q. character, let alone a central gay couple. Queer fans have lobbied since 2015 for a romantic relationship between Poe and Finn—a move Boyega would support, as he indicated in an October 2017 interview. “Oscar is always looking at me with love in his eyes, and I guess that the fans saw it,” the actor said. “And then they realized that either [Poe] needs to chill or come out.”

I never noticed there was some kind of gayness going on there with the Poe/Finn dudes. But with the Hollywood PC culture, maybe the next one in the series will have a trans Kylo Ren. And those friggin' droids can't be left out, so it's time for a pansexual BB-8. Come to think of it, C-3PO has always been effete. Maybe it's time to meddle with that and show how he came out of the droid closet. Now that's hope and change.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:[I hear a lot about darkest hour, but it’s such a limited release here.
Will the glorifying of UK heroic have any sway this year?
I don’t know. I imagine that it will be of more interest to British audiences than to American ones, but there have already been so many biopics of Churchill, I can't really summon up much enthusiasm for yet another one.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Atticus wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Cosmicbooknews.com: Star Wars: The Last Jedi has seen its box office plummet in the U.S. as well with it's second weekend release dropping near 70% - similar to Batman vs. Superman - and now Star Wars: The Last Jedi is even performing less than Star Wars: Rogue One on a daily basis, a movie not a part of the original trilogies.
Doesn't surprise me that the numbers continue to sink. In my view, it's a dead carcass that dropped on a nice dining table--that's how bad this film is. Even some die-hard Star Wars fans I know didn't like this one. BJ, just think how bad these numbers would be if the Disney executives and Kathleen Kennedy really pushed the PC/social justice hoopla, as they supposedly considered at one point. From Vanity Fair, in an article titled “What Will It Take to Get a Gay Character in Star Wars?”:

It’s a sentiment that Kennedy has voiced before. “The demographics within our business don’t reflect society, and they certainly don’t reflect the audience,” she said in a 2013 interview. “There should be many, many more faces of color, many more women, many more gay people.”

But despite Kennedy’s call for “many more gay people,” the Star Wars films have thus far failed to introduce a single L.G.B.T.Q. character, let alone a central gay couple. Queer fans have lobbied since 2015 for a romantic relationship between Poe and Finn—a move Boyega would support, as he indicated in an October 2017 interview. “Oscar is always looking at me with love in his eyes, and I guess that the fans saw it,” the actor said. “And then they realized that either [Poe] needs to chill or come out.”

I never noticed there was some kind of gayness going on there with the Poe/Finn dudes. But with the Hollywood PC culture, maybe the next one in the series will have a trans Kylo Ren. And those friggin' droids can't be left out, so it's time for a pansexual BB-8. Come to think of it, C-3PO has always been effete. Maybe it's time to meddle with that and show how he came out of the droid closet. Now that's hope and change.
After reading this, I will not pay money to see this in the theaters. I will wait until it's on regular television instead. Hollywood will continue to alienate viewers but they do not care so long as they push their agendas.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Did I dream it, or was TFA supposed to feature the first bisexual character in a Star Wars movie?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Did I dream it, or was TFA supposed to feature the first bisexual character in a Star Wars movie?
um, maybe. That may have been the Poe fin bromance. Still i thought there might have been something.
But then I thought the star wars cantina had several gay couples.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think it was one of the minor characters, like Captain Phasma (who may be bisexual for all we know; as far as I recall, her personal life is never mentioned).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I think it was one of the minor characters, like Captain Phasma (who may be bisexual for all we know; as far as I recall, her personal life is never mentioned).
you know that may be the character and she could have been. Too bad they wasted her character. The LGBTQRST folks are too gungho to create a controversial talking point for headlines about Poe and Fin, and the stars are as happy as Brosnan is to be supportive of the cause as garbage as the attempt to sensationalize it is. Besides we all know Poe is a robosexual (jk) Image

Oh I saw Jumanji reached #1 in the uk, what a strange time for Sony to find a hit.

On more bond related topic people analyzing the recent market mentioned film Stars don’t die in Liverpool, they were praising the performances but added nobody saw it despite the hype saying this is why as a star it is important to find competent production company and producers to support your film it is their job to get eyes on your work. Which I though was a fair criticism and apt description of Babs.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I suppose Jumanji 2being a hit in the UK is slightly less surprising than in the US, as Karen Gillan is much better known here, thanks to Doctor Who. I'm not saying she's the sole reason, but if you add her star power to that of The Rock and Jack Black, each bringing in their own audience, you have a film with three major stars here as opposed to two in the US. On the other hand, Kevin Hart isn't really known here. I don't know how big he is in the US, if he has a bigger following over there, it may just be that it's a film with three major stars and one minor one, but which is the minor one depends on which side of the Atlantic you're on.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kevin Heart is well liked here. I dunno if I’d say a big star but he’s a star. He has a following, started out as comedian has a bunch of special then stated acting in stuff like scary movie 3 &4, now he makes buddy movies with Ice Cube, the Rock and Will Ferrell.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg just bought this Brooklyn brownstone in NYC for $6.75 million: 22 Strong Place---Between Kane Street and Degraw Street in Cobble Hill. My friend's niece lives 5 minutes from him in her rental apartment. :lol: I know this area. It's not far from The Barclay Center off the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway where my other friend works. https://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/5134019
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg just bought this Brooklyn brownstone in NYC for $6.75 million: 22 Strong Place---Between Kane Street and Degraw Street in Cobble Hill. My friend's niece lives 5 minutes from him in her rental apartment. Image I know this area. It's not far from The Barclay Center off the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway where my other friend works. https://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/5134019
How do you know that Craig bought it?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg just bought this Brooklyn brownstone in NYC for $6.75 million: 22 Strong Place---Between Kane Street and Degraw Street in Cobble Hill. My friend's niece lives 5 minutes from him in her rental apartment. Image I know this area. It's not far from The Barclay Center off the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway where my other friend works. https://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/5134019
How do you know that Craig bought it?
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/sto ... brownstone
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

$6 million for a fire damaged house?