The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Skyfall wins a few awards, and some people's heads start to get swollen :?
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:What was up with that weird thing she was doing with her hands at a couple of points during the song-did she fart or something? :mrgreen:
She was envisioning herelf as a top loading washing machine agitator during the song and was moving her arms side to side. Put her in a commercial for Maytag washing machines :!: By the way, the Oscar was a set up. Only 3 songs nominated were performed live and Hugh Jackman being nominated for a song award is a joke. Two of the other songs were shown as a back to back shortened montage on video.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barry Niven wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Sometimes the blind hatred on here towards anything to do with a Craig film is staggering.
Well you go right ahead and keep on telling yourself that, sir. But I am wide awake. And that's all I have to say to you.
If we detest this pugilist as an actor so be it. The guy is a low class entity to me and is an insult to all things Bond. My patient today, a woman age 50, told me she thinks DC is hideous as Bond and will never go and see another Bond film until DC is removed from the role. I told her it's nice to see other's who think like me here in the USA. She thinks Connery is the best Bond ever and she finds DC lacking in the REQUIRED class, looks, height, and character to portray Bond. I agree with her 100%. The problem now, as MGW stated, is where do they go from here for it will be tough to top the box office again like this pile of rubbish for some reason did. Bring back Mendes, DC, Fiennes, Harris and the boy-toy Q........now what?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

For Ang Lee's next film, I'd love to see DC as the lead in Life Of "Pie" In The Face :!: What was with Hathaway's Les NIPPLEables dress? http://static5.wonderwall.com/image/won ... iginal.jpg
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

THANK you...I thought I was the only one that noticed that :mrgreen: Thing is ,it wasn't that cold yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:If Rog did 7 films and barely got a look in, then can I assume that Lazenby & Dalton weren't even represented?
Lazenby and Dalton were shown, but overall, the montage video was pretty poor. You can find better fan made 50th Anniversary James Bond tribute videos on YouTube.
I thought the tribute was pretty awful too.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: Sometimes the blind hatred on here towards anything to do with a Craig film is staggering.

How on earth does complaining that John Barry wasn't adequately represented at a Bond tribute equate to blind hatred of a Craig film?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I think many people thought the presentation was rather underwhelming. The tribute video wasn't very good, and didn't properly represent all six Bond actors. This fan made tribute video, although a bit lengthy, I think does a better job at acknowledging the actors, and highlighting some of the iconic moments/characters in the series. Plus, it features some music from John Barry and David Arnold.

[video][/video]

It would have been cool if all six Bond actors were together at the presentation, but I guess there really wasn't much chance that was going to happen anyway.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote: Sometimes the blind hatred on here towards anything to do with a Craig film is staggering.

How on earth does complaining that John Barry wasn't adequately represented at a Bond tribute equate to blind hatred of a Craig film?
Actually, I've just read through the original post again. My mistake. The post was knocking the Oscars, not DC. Usually I'm so tuned in to expecting negative comments about Craig on here, negativity about other stuff often goes over my head completely (as did this post in question).
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Saint 007 wrote:I think many people thought the presentation was rather underwhelming. The tribute video wasn't very good, and didn't properly represent all six Bond actors. This fan made tribute video, although a bit lengthy, I think does a better job at acknowledging the actors, and highlighting some of the iconic moments/characters in the series. Plus, it features some music from John Barry and David Arnold.

[video][/video]

It would have been cool if all six Bond actors were together at the presentation, but I guess there really wasn't much chance that was going to happen anyway.
I tivoed the oscars just to see the tribute boy was it was a let down. Went from all the Bond on stage to a video any fan could have done better. Wish they had left it to the ladies singing the songs.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The "Family Guy" creator was asked on his Twitter account whether he'd consider hosting the Academy Awards again and he replied: "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

MacFarlane's edgy comedy proved a polarizing force on Sunday's Academy Awards, with jokes about domestic violence, women's bodies and Jews in Hollywood that offended some viewers. The Oscars did get their biggest audience in three years, however, with particular growth among young viewers.

MacFarlane's spokeswoman said Tuesday she had nothing to add to the tweet.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A joke, as is all the Bond hype with Cr-egg.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

On the bright side they won award for the weakest categories.Too bad this is essentially validating the double taking pigeon well be getting more of this crap for years to come until it stops selling or a new movies series makes big enough waves for eon to surf.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I do think we go overboard on the negative comments about Daniel Craig here. We should be nicer to the citrus faced midget. :evil:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Your mean the loathsome, putrid looking, decadent, morally unappealing, neanderthal looking, simian impersonating, horrifically facially profiled, low class, fiance cheating piece of ----? :cuss:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

That's right BJ, feed on your hatred.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Lighten up. :roll:

I'm so glad certain people are no longer allowed to post here as they would have very forceful opinions about the Bond/Oscars thing. :?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'm glad Bond won for something I'm not sure if it would ever be nominated for anything again, the 50th helped but I think the way the Oscars celebrated Bond show how uncomfortable they are with the series.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:I'm glad Bond won for something I'm not sure if it would ever be nominated for anything again, the 50th helped but I think the way the Oscars celebrated Bond show how uncomfortable they are with the series.
I guess it doesn't matter who plays Bond. Bond 23 will still win regardless.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

$18.1 million, the fourth-highest three-day opening on the mainland.
The film's Chinese opening also ranks as Warner's third-highest debut locally, behind "The Dark Knight Rises" ($31 million) and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ($29.7 million), which had seven-day and four-day openings in China, respectively
Good opening, didn't Bond open at $14 million? Was that a two day? Gets confusing trying to keep up with how China does it.

In the US the hobbit ($301 million) is a few million off Skyfall ($304 million), surprisingly Hobbit is still in theatres and its coming to DVD in a few weeks march 17th?19th?
............ :007: